Convoy L6... XHP70 Beast!

Do you got any numbers how much difference in brightness with 2amp increase? Did you see a big difference?

It is because of the Rayleigh law of light scattering.The CW light,has more blue in it.

Where do get the resisters? Is it hard to do?

I would say it is a 700-800 lumen difference from stock, and no you wont see much difference with naked eye of course but a simple ceiling bounce test shows 415lux after the mod, stock was about 320lux.

Got mine from ebay, they are:

It is not hard to do if you got some experience with soldering, especially with tiny SMD components. I forgot to take some pictures but i think you can find some in the tread.

I got nearly the same Lux increment after applying R120 on to the existing one :+1:
(Increased from 330 to 435 Lux, maybe my ceiling is lower)

Update:
The L6 host will be ready for sale around the end of the month. There will be a small quantity of L6 smooth reflectors available for those wanting to turn the L6 into a throw monster. Simon was going to make only 20 smooth reflectors but I think I’ve convinced him to bump that number up a bit. I’ll keep you posted as more information becomes available. Perhaps I should start a poll seeing how many people will buy a smooth reflector…

I’d love to buy a smooth reflector for mine just to try out. I might like it…

Yeah me too. I’m curious to see what it would look like with the XHP70. I think it would be awesome for an MT-G2 build and even better for a XHP35-HI but four cells is a deal killer for me personally. Someone needs to develop a driver that will push the XHP35 nice and hard on two cells.

I would be interested in 2 smooth reflectors.

Can someone with the mathematical knowledge calculate the expected throw range and intensity (kcd, lux, meters…) from a XHP-70? I guess due to the quad dye layout not as much as from a single emitter LED like the XHP 35 hi, right?

Just curious, don´t plan to buy smooth refector since I´m more of a flood lover :wink:
K.

Do you know if the hosts plus the reflectors, will be available from Banggood also?(I ask because I buy all my lights from them).

If were going for a group buy on them type of thing I want a smooth reflector for mine 20 isn’t near enough

I have no idea what Banggood will or will not sell. I’m Convoy’s inside guy, not Banggood’s. :wink: At a guess I’d think hosts maybe, smooth reflectors would be a little less likely but who knows…

Next mission for Simon? :innocent:

The driver will also be available separately correct?

I’m thinking L6 host and driver, SMO reflector and P2 1C from Richard…

I’d like a smooth reflector too.

The L6 is definitely more a flooder. Last Saturday I was out for hunting again. The L6 didn’t light up the trees in about 220m distance.
And a very big problem for me is to find the mode button in the dark. Very bad… A little illumination for the mode button would be a great help!

For my purpose the L6 is ok. A little bit more throw would be great. If it is easy to switch the reflector I would like to by a smooth reflector, too

Pictures in smaller size are in J-Dubs post below.

Photos are so LARGE can not see what you are trying to show. Maybe re-size them??

SteveBS, the beam shots I posted are trees in the 190 meter range. And it was a full moon that night. I even lit up the trees from the doorstep of the house, which is 230 meters away from the tree line (although I don’t have a picture of that.)

The image is very accurate on how bright it looked in person.

190 meters:

I am sure that it would light up trees if they were 230+ meters away.

That’s what I think, too… Maybe the smooth reflector is a bit more effective for throw…