【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

You are right, sorry, I got so excited, I read over the ‘S’ in D4Sv2.

I am very excited for the prospect of a Convoy with quad B35AM. I would particularly love this as a headlamp.

is the tint of seoul sunlike greenish?

I have an Acebeam H60 (discontinued) with 8 x Sunlike emitters, it is pretty green.

uhmmm, Your reply made me instantly lose all interest in sunlike.

7 Thanks

From maukka’s test the 5000K low power variant sustains a CRI above 98 all the way to peak output at 500mA, so hopefully that’s a non-issue. But yes, you have an extremely good (and often overlooked) point.

I suspect it’s possible that Acebeam went with a bin that is greener than usual, perhaps a high flux bin. The test of the SunLike emitters conducted on BLF indicates neutral to negative duv 4000K and below, and mildly positive (never exceeding 0.0026) 5000K and above, which is consistent with the reconstituted daylight locus being greener than the blackbody locus. Though of course it might be an anomaly due to small sample size.

Though on the other hand Nichia is generally known for good tint, so maybe Optisolis is the safer bet. It might be interesting if you could request a small sample of this SunLike variant and see how it does in both tint and output. My main interest for SunLike is that they have more CCTs to choose from, and that it might be able to handle more power.

Ok, this will make me still have some expectations for sunlike, so as not to lose confidence completely.

1 Thank

Do you know what is the driver with which come S21B XHP50.3 Hi. From listing it seems to be 3A?
I think to buy 5A version of 6V driver. It will be much safer for LED to not overburn.

A 10511 Carclo optic (frosted narrow spot) and DC-fix under the lens for the triple. And an orange peal reflector and DC-fix for the single.

I didn’t try the other triple Carclo optics, like the:

• 10508 frosted medium spot
  • 10509 frosted wide spot

Perhaps those wouldn’t need DC-fix to improve the beam.

1 Thank

Here you go: Lumencraft

1 Thank

I find that the 10508 does a much, much better job smoothing the beam, and expect that DC-fix would not be necessary.

On a separate note, it would be interesting if Simon created a line of S2-sized triples that use the standard Carclo triple optics. Essentially a more compact, 18650-based version of the S21D. Another way to think about it is a better version of the Lumintop FW3A series, after they cheaped out on the firmware and quality control. But I don’t know if this would cannibalize sales from the normal S2+ single-emitter series. Maybe just make a triple-emitter pill that is compatible with the current S2+? This combined with Optisolis/SunLike could make for some very usable ultra-high CRI lights, without resorting to mules.

I like the Carclo optics a lot more than most other optics on the market, the tint-over-angle profile is much more customizable and frankly just better, especially with the 10507 and 10508 for domed emitters, and 10511 for domeless. These optics combine a traditional TIR with a small convex lens in the center, which makes the hotspot less green and the spill less purple. Some optics like the Wurkkos TS25 are very prone to making the beam green. Happens even a bit with the floody S21D optic.

2 Thanks

it’s 6V 3A by default

@Simon_Mao Did you get to make progress towards 14500 spacers / flat-to-button-top converters?
Those would be hugely helpful as half my 14500 lights only take button tops, while my favorite lights only take flat-tops.

In case this info may help: Vapcell H10/F12 button tops are a little too long for some lights, like the Wurkkos TS10, so the spacer should be a little less thick than the difference between a H10 flat-top and H10 button-top.

Maybe it’s too long. I forgot about it. I’m very sorry.
I would place an order right now and have the manufacturer produce some.

4 Thanks

Oh, wonderful, thank you so much!

Hi!
I’m looking for a flash light for my 3 years old nephew. He doesn’t like the darkness.
How do you seen a convoy T2 with an orange peel reflector along with a Nichia 219C? I know my nephew only are going to play with it, but I want a flash light with AA batteries and no get a lot of temperature at the outside.
Thanks

1 Thank

Go for a 519A emitter in your CCT of preference.
My 3yo son uses my modded Jaxman E3 (Convoy T3 driver and Osram NM1 emitter) almost daily and loves it.

1 Thank

Great! I’m going to choose this one then. Thanks!

1 Thank

The T2 flashlight is a good choice. I recommend a color temperature of 3000 K to 4000 K, so it won’t irritate his eyes.

4 Thanks

Great! I was thinking in 4000 or 5000 k, then I’ll change my mind. Thank you!