Coronavirus **personal experiences** thread

I will not answer your insinuations Thunderay!

Whatever you do, wherever you are, whoever you are, stay safe! Protect yourself and others :+1:

EDIT:
For those that want to know and ascertain what Munchausen Syndrome is - and it is not what was stated in the post above - take a look:
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/munchausens-syndrome/ (general)
Munchausen syndrome in COVID-19: An unnoticed concern - PMC (Covid-19 related)

i always get that confused with something else,

No, not directed at you specifically. You are right about the different grades of masks and that some WILL definitely protect you from catching virus. The thick heavy kind wore by medical professionals that is uncomfortable for the general public. But what people don’t realize is that there’s one other vector that is highly vulnerable: YOUR EYES. Case in point was a journalist who went on a plane ride & wore a mask the whole time. He caught the virus from that trip. He was mystified. But then… he didn’t wear a face shield. He didn’t sleep on the flight and watched a movie, eyes open for the whole trip. And that’s how he got it.

Cloth masks have gaps. You can suck in aerosol particles if you’re close enough to another person (even though your eyes may be shielded)… which is why safe distancing is also a key matter (I didn’t mention it earlier and should have). Masks & distance. That’s the most effective remedy to this.

There is a distinction necessary between aerosol & airborne. An airborne virus is so light, it floats everywhere effortlessly and can survive long trips & many days before decaying into harmless particles. Aerosol is where virus can be suspended in the air for periods up to several hours after a person openly expels virus into the air. But it eventually dissipates into harmless particles.

Is someone paying you to spread disinformation? I thought this thread was being cleaned up and all of us were trying our best to put correct information out there. Reiner Fuellmich has been admitted to the bar 26 years ago in Germany and California. That is a fact, look it up. He is not a fake lawyer and not a fake person. The corona international class action lawsuit is also real no matter how much all the tech companies try and block or discredit info about it. Why do you think the WHO did a 180 degree about face about lock downs recently? Because now there is a massive lawsuit naming people who have started and fueled this worldwide hoax and the cowards are running again because they are being exposed one by one. In the law suit nobody is saying the virus is not dangerous, what they are saying is that it is no more dangerous than the flu, have facts to back it up and how the media and many high officials have been manipulating data to keep this hoax going. His info keeps popping up on alternative sites because big tech are trying to hide what's going on, but so far have been unsuccessful as it is getting around now.

So, masks.

For those of you who believe in them & wear them, which ones do you wear? The cheap lightweight disposable kind? A hand-made washable cloth one? A high end runner’s type? What’s the most you’ve spent on a mask?

KN95 bought from Fireflies, which has a thread at BLF. Q.v.

It would seem to me that you are the one spreading misinformation. You call it a hoax and no more deadly than the flu. In order believe that you are sharing accurate information one would have to believe that there was a coordinated world wide effort to stage over-run hospitals and mass graves. Those things happened. They don’t happen even in a bad flu year.

Germany listened to the scientists and took actions based on an understanding of this as truly being more deadly and not a hoax. As a result of those actions German excess deaths are significantly lower than their neighbors. The lawsuit claims no excess deaths. That will not hold up. There are clearly excess deaths happening. The mass graves were not a hoax.

I wear cloth masks that I got for free (provided with imprinted logo).

I wash a mask once a month whether it needs it or not. (Just kidding) :confounded:

This is what I wear:

I bought a pack of 20 for $10 in 2015 (so this cost me 50 cents). I really like them. I keep one in each car, along with a pack of disinfecting wipes. When I go in a store, I put it on. When I return to the car I take it off and disinfect my hands. Easy peasy. And cheap. It’s generally accepted coronavirus can only live up to 2 days on a surface like this, so I just leave it on the passenger seat of the car and consider it disinfected in 2 days.

I agree there is an active disinformation campaing running in this thread

please dont requote the deniers

thanks for your constructive contributions

your comments are worthwhile and stand on their own

no need to pollute your reply requoting the disinformation… just ignore the disinformers

Not sure if you can translate to English or your language if not English, but this is what I’ve been wearing mostly in the last 2 months.
I don’t go out daily but when I go out I normally use it, and wash it after. It can be washed up to 50 times.
It is antimicrobian, and has antiviral protection. Produced in Portugal.

Cost per piece is 10€. (I bought 2)

I also use some surgical masks but with less frequency than when this all started.

Cost per box of 50 has been decreasing, but reached 50€ and the last I bougght was around 15€ (in June).

I also bought other type to wear when working with my deaf colleagues. They are signers but I can only sign a little, so I thought about getting these so that they can read my lips when needed.
However, these masks proved to be not much effective for that purpose (humidity covers the plastic part when speaking, so the lips get covered too). I have opted to wear a face shield and distancing instead, while working.

Cost per piece is 10€. (I bought 2)

In April I got one of these in a local store. Social masks were not a reality yet, and the national stock of surgical type masks were also very low! I thought this could be an option.
The mask and a pair of filters costed me above 50€. I didn’t use it yet, but it will serve me for sure when making some works.

You have to look deeper than being brainwashed by the media, but oh well, I tried to wake you guys up to no avail, time to forget about this thread again.

I tried buying some KN95 masks, when the price went down a bit, but the less-costly ones are made for smaller faces than mine - so they are not big enough to fit correctly. I had to resort to buying disposable surgical-type masks, which are comfortable, not too expensive now, if you know where to buy them, and of decent quality to do what they are supposed to do.

I have bought two types of disposable surgical masks: 1) a larger quantity of very inexpensive 3-layer masks that are not certified by a testing company to comply with ASTM Level 1, 2, or 3 standards, but do have a waterproof/dustproof/pollenproof layer on the outside; and 2) a smaller quantity of ASTM Level 3 masks that are more likely to provide a higher protection level to me in circumstances where I have to be around more people in public who might be infected. The latter also have a water/dust/pollen proof layer on the outside, in addition to two other layers.

If you want the ASTM Level 3 masks, I would look for a seller who displays a photo of the lab testing certification label on the mask box. You can now get 50 of the non-certified masks I mentioned above for about $10 USD on Amazon. The ASTM Level 3 masks are at least twice that cost, but there seem to be one or two sellers popping up on a certain well-known auction website who are selling them dirt cheap (if they can be trusted), and the prices on Amazon seem to be lower and lower as time goes on.

how crazy is this: you’re obviously not crazy

Neither is jon_slider

I’m sorry to say that about you both, but there you have it.

Perhaps it hasn’t said in the last 6000+ posts… but disposable is different than single-use.
You don’t need to trash a mask just because you wore it once. 48 hours of just sitting around will effectively disinfect it. You could even have some on rotation if you like.
I don’t trash mine unless the straps break.

Get some brown dye and lightly “color” the section where the mouth would be. Make it look like “mouth-spray”. :confounded:

> I have opted to wear a face shield and distancing instead, while working.

the law here does not consider a face shield a valid replacement for a mask

face shields are intended to protect the eyes from direct spray, but they do not prevent inhalation of particles, since the shield is open at top and bottom

face shields are worn as part of PPE by my dentist, and he wears a mask under the face shield, not face shield alone

We’re practising our social distancing skills as best as we can…. miles from anyone else. Staying near home in NM.

Wow that is a dramatic formation—is it a soft rock that has eroded to form the sharp spikes?

We call those tent rocks. Yes erosion does that because of the different rock hardness.