Custom stepdown buck driver for Skilhunt headlamps

What would be a good emitter to pair with this driver? The stock XM-L2 from an H03? One of the newer well-regarded options like a 519A, or LH351D, etc?

All 3V. emitters will do, but new leds with lower Vf are better.

Finally something interesting. Are there posted any schematics of that driver or not? It is work with DAC MCU or filtered PWM output?

It’s basically thefreemans buck driver schematics, but different components and calculations. He helped me a lot. Yes, Its DAC.

1 Thank

Is there’s posted that schematic here in some BLF topic?

Don’t remember where, probably in his topic

1 Thank

OP updated:

• added .hex and A2 source code file.
1 Thank

Interested! About time I show some love to the first light I ever got :slight_smile:

1 Thank

Too late, all gone… for now.

The suspense!! I’ll pay more attention so I’m not late next time :grin:

Thanks!

I’m using this flashing key to flash to flash the driver with: avrdude -p t1616 -c serialupdi -P com3 -U flash:w:ZigZag_V1.1.hex, but it just fails, with the message: avrdude error: UPDI link initialization failed // avrdude error: initialization failed, rc=-1.

This same hardware/command works fine when updating another t1616 driver, such as a Wurkkos TS10.

Any idea what the issue is?

Nevermind — I tried it like 20 times and it eventually worked for some reason.

OK, problem can be pad holes full of paint… so try place pins on pads only

I think you might be right, because it seems to be easier to get it to work now (i.e. maybe I did scratch off some coating).

I was able to compile (with some warnings) the most current version of Anduril 2 by minimally editing/moving around your config files — basically just moving them into the correct folders and editing some paths.

From comparing: your file, similar configs in old versions of Anduril, and those same configs in current Anduril, I think one can see some of the other configuration changes that could be made to more fully comply with the refactoring of Anduril configs.
Edit: Refer to the below post for further updated configuration files.

Edit: some photos

1 Thank

I am interested too for 2 drivers, if you will do a next run ! Thanks

1 Thank

All problem is here V.817 is to complicated to do anything. I’ll stick to V816 forever. And that’s one of reasons why I coded ZigZag, because of ability to control everything :wink: In ZigZag code i can add-remove -change modes as i wish. Try to add 4 moonlighs in Anduril :stuck_out_tongue:

Also interested in this!

1 Thank

At last. Anduril bike light. The bold way :wink:

2 Thanks

O.K. But wait … it fits in to S21E too! :smiley: Not to small?

Right, some file was applied, but just slight. It almost fits. Just a few minutes with the file and it sits there.

1 Thank

Ah , its to big, so you made 20mm.