Edit : Not recommended now.. 20% disc Trustfire Flames are good, measured 2266mAh & new batch 2498mAh

Are there fakes with > 2400mAh capacity in them?

I meant the fake protected 18650's. I wouldn't run unprotected down to 2.7v in normal use.

Can't help it, i believe majority of driver LV protection do that. 2.6-2.7V is under load. The open circuit voltage of the cell is about 3.3-3.4V. The triple XM-Ls with LV protection even gets down to 3.2V open circuit. I think my STL-V6 is 3.5V thereabouts.

I always test cells to such an extent which people claim to be "excessive", and actually subsequent tests yields even more capacity so it isn't stressing/damaging the cells.

A lot of people get confused by that.

PS. I have way too many cells to abuse anyway, will take too long a time to be really damaging them. LOL!

BTW, anybody can tell me what's the 15% disc for Xmas? 2011XMAS1ST does not work...

Did anyone else need to send photo's before getting a refund?

Please have a look at the coupon share post, https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/4056 ,I have updated it, and we have another 15%OFF coupon right now, also a 20%OFF coupon for the Black Friday will come.

Please contact our online CS, and give them more details, you can ask them to give you a full refund.

This title is misleading "Dinodirect $6.71 20% disc Trustfire Flames are good"

Considering the fact that many people didn't got what they ordered and on top of that some even got fakes, which are far from the OP's good results.

Yep...i need to send photos. I had to send photos for my last case (which was resolved). Actually have to retake my photos as with the wrappers on you can't really see the protection "kink". LOL!

I've been trying to stay out of this, since it was my thread that sort of started this and I can't help but feel kind of bad, because so many people didn't get what they ordered.

All 18650s I have received so far, are unprotected. I have also received a refund (in the form of a gift card, which is fine with me) for all three pairs. I used their chat feature once, which has worked fine for me in the past and did that time as well, and the other time I tried their ticket system, which wouldn't let me upload images at first but after some brief back-and-worth also worked. (I wasn't asked to provide images but figured it wouldn't hurt since you can't reasonably expect a CS rep to even know the difference between protected and unprotected batteries.)

Also, I wanted to thank 2100 for all the tests he runs. It's much appreciated. :) Lord knows I wouldn't have the patience to run so many discharge tests.

Just got my first three pairs of replacement, and guess what?

They were both REAL & PROTECTED! :)

Thanks to Summer and Otta for handling this so well!

Pictures or it didn't happen ;)

Also, can you pm me some lottery numbers... thanks!

Happy for you. I got a gift card to order the 'protected' ones and did so. Now the waiting game continues, first the wait for them to even process the order and ship.... I'm happy for me in that I have al least some unprotetced ones to use whilst I wait. This will be like a nice little bonus when they finally arrive.

Pics, as it did happen. :D

Old unprotected on left, replacement on right:

Long flames, hologram, says "protection circuit"

Received today 2pcs and ditto!! Protected, with hologram, exactly like yours.

..and thats not all, one of them clocked 2447mAh. 4,16V -> 2,70V and 1A!!!

I was told they cannot see that the batteries are not protected and was offered a $3 usd gift card. WTF. Hopefully Summer can fix this

Customer Service Emily,Nov 22,2011

Thanks for contacting us. We have seen your picture, but we can not see where it shows that it is unprotected. We have sold many such kind of batteries but never met such kind of problem. In order to finish your problem we would like to offer you 3 usd giftcard as compensation. Would you like to accept it please?

That is BS. I already showed the link to this thread

edc, i was also questioned, even with a 3k Nikkor prime lens and a 3000 pixels picture. You need to unwrap the thingy and shoot a clear picture.

I got another gift card, so now i have 3 (2 already used...heheh)

It is obvious from the picture they are shorter and not protected. What about the statement they "never met such kind of problem".

Yeah, i also got the same reply. It's ok for me, just present the evidence and what's impt is the bottomline. That's why i advocated earlier to use the Case threaded reply, never the Online Chat (in which you'd probably tear your hair out first). There is always a reason.

While I did not have any joy with Emily as well, and in fact I was so angry at the time, in fact I was totally peeved to be honest, I sent a PM to summer and she has resolved the issue for me to which I am satisfied.

While I must say that the DD people were not that flash at all, I will take my hat off to Summer and thank her for her efforts in sorting this out for me. I just wish that Emily [and whoever else it is behind the CS side of things] took some lessons from Summer in getting issues sorted.

Thank you Summer