[Ended]Groupbuy : Utorch UT02 (single cell XHP-35 HI / 26650 thrower)

I had both as well and what you said is spot on with what I saw (but you said it more descriptively than I could have). No way for me to measure tail amps though. Manker was bought from Amazon USA (EDCgear was the vendor I think) and has been sent back since the Utorch was “good enough” IMHO.

Could you PM me the code? Thank you.

Ordered a NW one. :wink:

After very close inspection these lights were not made in the same factory. The Utorch IS a cheap knock off. I pulled the reflectors.

Enlight us…

and

:+1:

Please just say what you mean.

I will tell you what I mean.

@vol,
Would be great if you could share some further info on these missing pieces… Thanks

I mean that reflectors are the same . At least in the current production lights.

Edit : There is a small difference in older U21s . i have commented this in the thread i mentioned .

So now the older U21 that throws at 120K plus is a piece of junk and that will blow the driver?
And now the Utorch is brighter?

I have both. Don’t buy the Utorch.

Where you found those info ? Every measurement you need is in the link i posted (UT02 vs U21)

Only thing users wrote about older U21s : Utorch UT02 vs Manker U21, group buy review for UT02 - #72 by Tom_E

So now you are calling us all dumb?

vol, the facts are that early production samples of the Manker U21 that run in the +5A range have had problems with the driver, which is why Manker reduced amperage to some 2.24A. It doesn’t mean that you WILL have problems, but it’s likely.

The two lights I got from GearBest, both the U21 and UT02, use the same reflector, same mcpcb, same driver, same spring pcb and same UI. The anodizing is the same, threads are the same, very slight differences in the machining for a very minimal change of style.

Whether or not all future samples will follow this pattern remains to be seen.

There is not anything wrong with the UTorch, advising against buying it is simply a misconception and not truly applicable. Asking such a question as you posed above is only begging for a controversial answer.

Facts?

vol: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll. I'm not gonna help you or take the bait - you can be helpful or continue down this path, your choice.

I am disappointed in this Utorch light I ordered. I based my order on the original spec posted in this original thread. I didn’t get what I ordered.

I will leave it at that until I can provide more facts to back it up.

I will have to unwrap a present and buy a meter battery and take pictures and post them.

Hang with me.

With the money that you saved buying the Utorch you could buy a new driver if you really wanted and still have some change left over?

DB….just curious. Unless I looked at it wrong, my Utorch has double springs in the tail but my Manker U21 did not. Do you see this on yours as well?