ENDED

G’day Interested depending on price

Thanks for your suggestion. Taking video is easy, but getting the approval is another thing...

Interested, waiting to see pricing

Thanks

Any updates as to when this light might roll out?

At $65, it is very competitive price and I am sure many people would be interested, but it seems like it is very far away from coming out. Unless I missed something in the thread.

I’m torn between this light, the Q8 and the Astrolux MF01. Out of those three, which flashlight is expected to have the floodier beam?

All are combo lights, flood and throw (throw is decent simply because of so much light and the optics used), so I'm not sure, but the MF01 and this UT03 are in a different class from the Q8, so say 10K vs. 5-6K lumens, 10K will have a whole lot more flood light.

Remember when we were oohing and ahhing about the FF4 HID light?
6000 lumens from an HID light was impressive a few years ago, and now we’re having much more output at a fraction of the price.

Yea . I now have a 37K lumens monster with 16 XHP50's in it, in a klunky UltraFire (S88 clone) host:

Do you have a thread about it?

No, sorry to say. Here's the pics though, kind of tells the story: http://s1054.photobucket.com 16X S88 clone. It runs Narsil, pretty amazing. Only issue may be the 7135 - too much volts/heat maybe... It's a little finicky on the 7135 - had to replace it once already.

If you mean the spill lighting which is what lights up the ground when your pointing it straight ahead, then this light should be the most floody.

Then the Q8 because it has deeper reflectors.

Then the MF01 will have very little spill lighting. You can look at its beam shots already and see that there is little to no spill lighting outside of the hotspot and the area right near it, the corona, as its refered to. This means you have to move it around a lot as you walk at night in order to see the ground and what’s to the left and right of you. With reflector based lights you can just point it in front of you and see all around the periphery.

Now if your talking about the diameter of the hotspot, I’m not real sure. The Q8 is supposed to be pretty focused so it might have the smallest diameter.

The tir lense on the MF01 tends to produce a fairly large diameter hotspot and the UT03 being a short reflector, and should be OP finished on the production version, may also have a fairly big hotspot. We’d have to wait and see on that.

Interested depending on final price…

I’m on board for the MF-01 because more lumens and 219C goodness. I didn’t pay attention to this being offered in a neutral white option? I could always get this too… but the wallet is getting real light real fast… I’ll stay on the list for the time being.

I’d imagine this is the floodiest. Everything JasonWW said is how I’d peg each light.

They say this UT03 will be offered in NW. It seems most good lights these days offer a decent choice of emitter tint options.

I’m on board for the UT03 because of better spill lighting and xhp70 cool white goodness.

Different strokes for different folks. I’m glad we live in a time when there are so many flashlight makers offering so much variety. There’s a light for everyone!

in

That looks great. Thanks for sharing pics!

how long is the wait Freeme?

i want it badly

Me too.

Thank you for the replies and for the clarification, Tom E and JasonWW. Yes I meant to say hotspot diameter. So I’ll probably end up sticking with this light. But I’ll wait for reviews on the other lights.

I’m more likely to buy this than the Astrolux, primarily because of quality. The moonlight and engineering modes are other good reasons I prefer this. The one thing the Astrolux has that I really like is the 219c option.