ENDED

True, apart from lumens, both lights have fairly different setups to meet our needs.

I am interested also.
When will be ready for sell.

Will alert everyone when it is ready. Do you wish to have your name included in the list?

Yes, thanks.

I am interested.

Please add me to the list

Thanks

I may have posted this before, but I am also very interested in this light.

Thank you!

add me for 3

interested

Interested. Depending on final price.

Project temporarily put

ON HOLD .

Please do not ask why.

There is no need for me to answer your query,

and please refrain for unnecessary speculations.

We will reopen discussion when everything have sorted out by GearBest.

Oooooooooooo trouble in paradise…but I have to ask……WHY? :wink:

(hope you get it all sorted mate, was looking forward to this eventually coming to fruition, let’s hope it still does.

i dont care i am still interested. :smiley:

Well, this interest list is 300 shy of the 500 that was wanted so Utorch might see the interest level as “low”. This light might get put on the back burner as all the flashlight companies get into the busy season coming up, sept-dec. Then you have the holidays, so it might be picked back up in Feb.

I hope it doesn’t stall out that long as it’s got a lot of potential. Then again you have competition from the similar MF01 putting out a little more lumens and is already shipping. The fate of the UT03 does look a bit iffy.

Maybe Utorch should push the boundaries a little more and aim for 12000 lumen. You could drive the three emitters harder or maybe even swap to a four emitter design.

I don’t like what manufacturers do these days. bidding on each other with lumens and with the advertised max lumen most of them is good only for half a minute or one minute before burning your hand or stepping down to a 1-2-3000 lumen number. I don’t think more lumens will help. I think some manufacturing or proto pics enough to speed up an upcoming light topic. But here only have pics or info from the first proto and nothing after it. The topic is not bumped very often so that is why I think not many subscribers.
I’m almost removed myself from Q8 because of this Light I hoped coming out earlier. But now I think I will remove myself from this if the Q8 become available earlier. I can not afford both and the GT. :weary:

That’s like saying you don’t like it when companies advertise during the Superbowl or a major sporting event because you’re there to watch the game and not for advertisements. The reason they do it is because it works. Advertising high lumens draws interest and makes people put a higher value on the product. The flashlight companies are competing for sales based on what works. A lot of people have dropped out of this light because of the MF 01. It’s brighter for about the same price so they perceive it as a better value.

If I actually liked TIR lenses and XP or nichia emitters then I would have bought an MF01 myself, but I don’t like either of those things. I prefer the xhp70 and reflector style of light. I’m okay with nine or ten thousand lumen because I don’t think I would see much difference between that and 11 to 12 thousand. But from a marketing standpoint people would consider the UT 03 to be the Lesser light.

I understand you and I also prefer this than the MF 01. This lumens war is the same as camera megapixel and phone screen resolution, Supercar horsepower, and etc. Numbers sell the product. And time and tests will tell what is usable in real life and what is not.

Yeah the timing of this group buy is while a lot of people have anemic wallets from many other projects ending. I think this light has a lot of promise, but due to other choices buying this right now probably wouldn’t be a wise decision for me. 3 XHP70 in a soda can light hitting about 10,000 lumens in neutral white would definitely sell. I also like that there are 7 modes compared to 4 or 5. That just isn’t enough for a light with such a wide possible range of levels.

:cry: :weary: :cry:

Looks like to me that there is an opportunity to show more sophisticated design.

Hook us up with 3 MT-G2 and able to run lower for longer. and maybe drop down to 3 cells (easier in the hand).