FREEME ✌ ASTROLUX FT03S SFH55 9300lm & FT03 SFT40 2200lm 1300m NarsilM v1.3 USB-C - ALIVE

Thank you for the response Tom!

Ok I switched it back into ramping UI:

one click turns on the light and the green switch LED
click & hold ramps up to a certain output (to my eye seems like ~75 lumens) then stays at that output but continues “trying” to ramp and eventually blinks both the led and green switch led to indicate it’s reached the top of the ramp
click & hold “tries” to ramp down for a second or two then finally catches up with the actual output and does ramp down to moonlight and blinks both the led and green switch led to indicate it’s reached the bottom of the ramp

It’s acting extremely strange when trying to access turbo:
I can see better what it’s doing when I ramp down to moonlight (now memorized mode):
double click - light blinks and comes back on at it’s highest output
double click again - light blinks and goes back to moonlight (no way to access strobe that I’ve found)

Ohh, so dbl click to turbo does actually come on bright? Hhmm... Maybe the 7135 and FET are just not playing nicely together... Oh boy, not sure I can explain all this. Could be the FET doesn't like our high rate PWM's... ?

Yes, it’s hard to tell by eye exactly how bright something is but it’s definitely brighter than 10 lumens.

I would suggest it’s likely possible it’s putting out 150 lumens. My only EDC on me to compare is a ramping E07 but I just got an H30 in the mail. once it’s charged I’ll compare it’s low setting of 120 lumens directly

So does this sound like a factory defective part?

Am I correct that I should be claiming this as a DOA from Banggood?

Just FYI in case anyone’s interested:

If you put your image link in both the “Image URLand(OPTIONAL) Link to URL” boxes, people can click the image to open the full-size version, assuming that you used the width and height adjustments to reduce it.

I love everyone’s images and I appreciate having them scaled down in the posts, but it’s also great to have the option of enlarging them if I want to see your beautiful light collection or whatever :slight_smile: .

Yes, and I made a post to the “fraud” thread HERE as I believe this is a genuine store. There remains some question as to whether the “real” LiitoKala is truly trustworthy, but I did my homework and took my chances.

Nope, not working for me. If a stay in simple mode, think it works, but clicking on the image takes you to Photobucket ?? Doesn't work at all in Advanced mode and Advanced is all I ever use.

It's been bugging me big time - links don't work from images in Advanced - think that's the rule?

My third FT03 arrived today … DOA. I loaded a fresh 26650 and the switch lit up and when I pressed the switch … there was a momentary flash and now the light will only illuminate in firefly mode. :open_mouth: Must have cooked something. I have contacted Banggood … we shall see what they have to say. My first two NW versions are working great.

Was this a CW? Mine was a cool white and has nearly the identical problem.

Does yours ramp ever so slightly? Mine appears to only work off the 7135 after turn on. it now goes firefly to 150 lumens and that’s it

I might have to buy another NW when they’re available again and just leave it alone :confused:

This one is NW. It will only come on in the lowest firefly mode. UI does not work at all except to turn firefly on and off … no ramping at all.

Back in business!

It is discouraging seeing these DOA’S. I guess it will happen. Hopefully it does not continue and become a trend.

Out of the 1000 sold I wonder how many people have their lights? So far I can only recall Two DOA’S and One broken lens.

Mine is only 24 hours old,I am not out of the woods!

I feel bad for the people who have to deal with this.

weklund wrote: My third FT03 arrived today

Damn!
I’m still waiting for my 1st to arrive!

Tom E Texas_Ace

So I got my H30 charged up to do some comparison shots. I’m definitely not getting anywhere near 150 lumens out of the FT03. maybe ~20?

I feel the FT 03 lens is thin and is the source of the sounds people are hearing. I would describe the sound as a tink-tink. Probably expansion and contraction. Similar to the sound I hear if I tap the lens with my fingernail. I put the desiccant that came packed with my light into the battery tube overnight and that solved my problem with the lens fogging up on turbo. The charging circuit seems to work properly. The charge rate was 1.69 amps and slowly decreased as full charge approached. The light turned from red to green at 4.18 volts. Overall a very nice thrower. The UI is very easy to learn and is similar to my D4 and Q8. This has become my favorite system. I need to up the step down temperature as the light was coolish after 7 minutes of turbo. The heat must not be escaping to the surface as others have noted. I think I will not touch the copper board though as long as it doesn’t affect the longevity of the light. Astrolux has a winner here, the pre order price was a steal and a good gamble.

PS : the included lanyard is very short and a charge cable should be included, these are my only negatives. Maybe a thicker lens.

I’m also curious about how the lens sits on the reflector cup; the o-ring is between the lens and the bezel. Is that normal for throwers? Don’t have many to compare with.

With that low of a current there is something wrong, could be a short but more then likely a blown LED or FET. I have seen this happen with both options but generally the LED is the cause for this in my experience.

I would file a claim on BG.

I did file a claim

This is my first DOA with BG… I’m quite curious if they’re going to try and jerk me around a bunch

Should I buy a 26650 rated for a lower amperage for the replacement? I was looking at the shockli 5500mah on NG and the price was great. Those however are also rated for 20A also

I love the 40T but I really didn’t like how significantly a 21700 compressed the springs in the FT03 so I’d prefer to get a 26650. That said, I don’t really want a 10A 26650 and would prefer a 20A like the shockli

I’d start by making a video showing the battery and its voltage, putting it in, and showing all the modes you’re trying - very clearly showing you pressing the button the amount of times (audibly too if possible). There’s good and bad stories of people applying for DOAs, but if you have a really solid video, can’t really dispute that.

Although remember not to host on YouTube :slight_smile: