FREEME ✌ ASTROLUX FT03S SFH55 9300lm & FT03 SFT40 2200lm 1300m NarsilM v1.3 USB-C - ALIVE

This one is NW. It will only come on in the lowest firefly mode. UI does not work at all except to turn firefly on and off … no ramping at all.

Back in business!

It is discouraging seeing these DOA’S. I guess it will happen. Hopefully it does not continue and become a trend.

Out of the 1000 sold I wonder how many people have their lights? So far I can only recall Two DOA’S and One broken lens.

Mine is only 24 hours old,I am not out of the woods!

I feel bad for the people who have to deal with this.

weklund wrote: My third FT03 arrived today

Damn!
I’m still waiting for my 1st to arrive!

Tom E Texas_Ace

So I got my H30 charged up to do some comparison shots. I’m definitely not getting anywhere near 150 lumens out of the FT03. maybe ~20?

I feel the FT 03 lens is thin and is the source of the sounds people are hearing. I would describe the sound as a tink-tink. Probably expansion and contraction. Similar to the sound I hear if I tap the lens with my fingernail. I put the desiccant that came packed with my light into the battery tube overnight and that solved my problem with the lens fogging up on turbo. The charging circuit seems to work properly. The charge rate was 1.69 amps and slowly decreased as full charge approached. The light turned from red to green at 4.18 volts. Overall a very nice thrower. The UI is very easy to learn and is similar to my D4 and Q8. This has become my favorite system. I need to up the step down temperature as the light was coolish after 7 minutes of turbo. The heat must not be escaping to the surface as others have noted. I think I will not touch the copper board though as long as it doesn’t affect the longevity of the light. Astrolux has a winner here, the pre order price was a steal and a good gamble.

PS : the included lanyard is very short and a charge cable should be included, these are my only negatives. Maybe a thicker lens.

I’m also curious about how the lens sits on the reflector cup; the o-ring is between the lens and the bezel. Is that normal for throwers? Don’t have many to compare with.

With that low of a current there is something wrong, could be a short but more then likely a blown LED or FET. I have seen this happen with both options but generally the LED is the cause for this in my experience.

I would file a claim on BG.

I did file a claim

This is my first DOA with BG… I’m quite curious if they’re going to try and jerk me around a bunch

Should I buy a 26650 rated for a lower amperage for the replacement? I was looking at the shockli 5500mah on NG and the price was great. Those however are also rated for 20A also

I love the 40T but I really didn’t like how significantly a 21700 compressed the springs in the FT03 so I’d prefer to get a 26650. That said, I don’t really want a 10A 26650 and would prefer a 20A like the shockli

I’d start by making a video showing the battery and its voltage, putting it in, and showing all the modes you’re trying - very clearly showing you pressing the button the amount of times (audibly too if possible). There’s good and bad stories of people applying for DOAs, but if you have a really solid video, can’t really dispute that.

Although remember not to host on YouTube :slight_smile:

I started making one but at work my upload is 1.2 mbps.

Why not youtube? and who do you recommend?

Ouch.

Youtube is likely blocked in China along with all other Google services - I wouldn’t trust they’ve got a VPN to get around it.

As for recommendations… um, check this list and see if there’s something on there that might work; I’m on mobile (in a car) so it’s a bit difficult to read right now.

Here is a short vid of the DOA light I received today … :cry:

Filed a ticket with Banggood and PayPal. We shall see how it goes.

Video: - YouTube

Honestly after all my time trying to get the highest possible current and power from lights, now days I just toss whatever cell I can get cheap in them since you just can’t tell the difference by eye in most cases without them side by side.

It’s pot luck, even with the same person. I think it would be beneficial for them to have a rep here who we can communicate with and not just someone who posts deals. In the past few years shopping at BG I never had a problem but lately my experiences with their CS have been very poor, so much so that I’m contemplating sacking them off and buying exclusively from Ali or elsewhere.

Edit: to be clear, my experiences are not related to the FT03 as I still haven’t received it yet!

Dang, you got a moonie! Maybe TA might have an idea. could be a short somewhere, maybe the LED.

It will flicker slightly when you press and hold the switch to ramp. The light will not ramp at all yet it will flicker slightly as though it is at the end of ramp.

So mine appears to be the LED as it now does nothing._ just the green switch led

I think it’s a BAD Re-Flow…

Ah, I see. I tend to stick with Simple mode and add stuff manually if needed. Sorry that I wasn’t well-informed about Advanced mode as that seems to be what most people use. I might look into this if I get some time.