[♛ FreemeDesign ] MEOTE FM1 Alu-Cu-SS-Ti - Exclusive Preview

interested

Actually there have been talks about some of them being bad. And even within the preferred “boat” brand some are defect.
Also they leak current when the flashlight is turned off digitally, that is why the LEDs always glow in the dark opposed to physically cutting power to the LEDs.
But I do not mind them as drivers.

In vulgar spanish… “Méote” = “I piss you” lol

the Meote brand currently only looks like it is on the clip if it stays that way should be easy to remove with a quick sand down.

The 7135’s do not make the led glow in the dark! I have a couple hundred that prove it and have built a thousand, to the same result. If the led is still glowing after the switch is turned off there is another problem.

I’ve used so many hundreds of 7135’s without failure it’s shocking to hear that said!

None of my e-switch 7135 lights do this. A couple did, because they were broken…

Part of what is called “bad” about 7135 chips is when some types have trouble to be PWM-ed to very low modes, which is only important for some people and some types of driver/led combinations. And I think I have had bad chips, at least in the period when I was stacking them, often the outcoming current was one chip lower than I had build, could be a bad solder joint or a bad chip. So perhaps in that aspect you can call them crappy. But what I like is that although I did have a few drivers failing over the years, every light that I have ever build a 7135-based driver in, still works.

Interested in one.

I’m in. Why not?

Interested

I will follow the project and maybe I will buy one, but personally I am a little bit bored of hot-rod quads and triples.
I would like to see more effort put into driver design, efficiency.

Just my 2c, good luck with project

I have lights using many switch and driver types and the only consistent thing I see causing emitters to glow after turn-off is boost drivers (capacitor holding charge) and certain emitters like the SST-20 (phosphor staying excited).

Interested

I highly doubt any of these budget triple or quad hotrods will ever adopt any efficient drivers. Those will probably have to come from the premium brands like Olight, Fenix, and Acebeam. Acebeam TK16 triple uses 12V boost driver. I’m pretty sure the TK18 is too so those might be what you are looking for. Not sure how efficient the drivers are in comparison with the budget hotrods.

I am interested.

I will create a separate thread for group buy later.

Thank you. It is considered my very first attempt in flashlight design. I very excited and honored but anxious at the same time as i didn't expect them to use my design for their first product.

Great new venture! It looks pretty good! Looking forward to more pictures…

Um… Dote!

I’m interested, depending on price of course.