Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

If BG is unwilling to drive it above 3A then my guess is that a sizable percentage of us will end up modding it anyway in which case whatever delivers the light with a nice logo at a decent price and satisfies as many of the rest as possible is closest to fitting the bill. Your call in the end Krono but one thing to keep in mind is that whatever choices are made, if they can’t deliver it promptly then there will be a slew of ugly posts filled with paypal disputes from overly impatient buyers. Also, what happened with 18650’s C8 GB where they backed out on the logo was very disappointing. As Dale said, make the choices then get the deal solidified. I’d much rather wait now for it to be set up right than to wait while my 45 days are slipping by.

I really hope this comes with 3 mode and a 4A driver.
Seems we hit 200 now so we get that logo, nice!

I can forsee problems when these actually go on sale. Say we have reservations for 200 lights and 200 lights are made. Once they go on sale, people might buy more than they made reservations for or give the info to people who made no reservation. This would leave people who made a reservation without a light. Would probably be a good idea for the retailer to make quiet a bit more than those reserved.

A remedy for this would be for everyone with a reservation to email the seller using their paypal email with the number of lights wanted, the seller would know how many are reserved and could send a paypal bill to everyone with a reservation. No reservation, no light.

How many lumens will this light produce at 4amps? This light is probably going to get warm, but it looks like it could be a beasty thrower. Getting excited and can’t wait to strap it to my dual sport for some night rides. J)

W00T! We are at 203! Let's get this show started!!

A few people have asked this. I went ahead and compiled some results I found in various threads.

All these results are on a Copper star. C_K also has results at 3.8A, but I didn’t find a lumen measurement for that current.

Pulled from Match’s Emitter test thread.

Without going into too much depth 4A on a stock Aluminum star should be around 1000-1100lm (estimated OTF) in an X6.

cross posting this from the 18650 sub-forum:

The more deviation from the stock unit the longer everyone can expect production to take. Ideally, if they were to utilize quality drop-in stuff (and I have zero idea what any of that stuff would be) production could be quicker.

Nonetheless, we are still deviating by having a custom logo lasered and THAT will be a one shot deal. I have quite a bit of experience with Chinese manufacturing and with all graphics processes. There is considerable setup involved to mass engrave something and for “production” to stop and engrave onesy twoseys is just not feasible. Therefore I would STRONGLY suggest that those that want the engraved BLF logo to speak up because after that there is a strong possibility that anything other than a customized light available.

If this light can hit a real 700 to 900 lumens (non-turbo) with an available 50% mode…I would be REAL HAPPY!

DBCstm: Thank you for the recommendation but floody actually works better because when we need “spot ” we are literally actually inches from the unit.

Very true, I will mod the lights regardless so what exact current they are doesn’t matter so much to me. If they are the correct number and spacing of modes I wouldn’t have to swap them out, just resistor mod ’em

With my resistor mod (first to 3.25 then 3.8A) I wasn’t happy cause medium wasn’t low enough, there was hardly any difference from high to med so mode spacing is just as important as number/mode order and current level.

What get’s lost in the lumen hungry numbers game is the logarithmic scale: each doubling of the lumen is an equivalent increase in brightness.
The Lumen scale should look like:
25, 50, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200…etc. Important to realize that each step is equivalent increase in brightness. (no wonder you can hardly notice the step down from 1322 to 866 lumen.)

• I don’t get excited (more like yawn) about the lumen increase from 3 to 4.5 amp.
  • Those interested in driving lights higher than Cree spec Max of 3 amp should have a fine pencil tip solder iron (even a cheap $10 Radio Shack will do) and some 0805 sense resistors to mod your lights.
  • It doesn’t matter to me what the final max drive is; I’ll mod according to my needs as long as it comes UNGLUED. Asking the manufacturer to build them and warrant they will work beyond Cree 3A spec? Something I wouldn’t do.

Asking the manufacturer to build them and warrant they will work beyond Cree 3A spec? Something I wouldn’t do.
[/quote]

excellent point. Wondering why no one else brought this up? Seems like a no brainer that the seller won’t warrant a modded light. Am I wrong? No that I’m not after more, more, more. So, 3A it is then?

The step down its self isn’t hard to notice, infact its a pretty large step, the ramping feature is what makes it hard to see, it has so many steps in the ramp down that each individual level decrease is impossible to see and when its put together with a 250ms WDT its a visually steeples rampdown.

Lolwarranty

Add me to the list for 1. Thanks.

This. The worst thing would be for someone on the list to be out of a light because someone got Paypal happy and ordered a lot more than he said he would. That would kinda defeat the purpose of the group buy. Krono I hope you read this, southland’s idea is very good.

My thoughts exactly :slight_smile:
Especially that part about being “impossible to please everyone” part.

I see different problems, I guess the right order should be :
Ordering, Production and then shipping the lights.
That would make sure that everyone can purchase the amount he wants. But the problem will be the purchase protection and some nervous guys here…

Send a PM to kronos confirming the number of lights you desire, and your order name (not BLF username unless the same).
Kronos sends that list to whoever is handling this GB after checking it off against the list.
You order your lights.
If not on the list, or exceeding your number, you get stock units or a mix of your order quantity and stock.

Provided Kronos first of all, and the dealer are willing to do so.

Note it would be confirming quantity required, not expression of interest.

Werner, good if they can be made in a timely manner, say a week or less. You know how people here are when their lights aren’t delivered in a timely manner, this thread would be overrun with complaints. Could they get all the lights out to members in under 45 days?

The best and easiest would be if banggood would order a great bunch and just sell them to everyone…this method was used by some recent groupbuys and worked perfect for the participants.