Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

This is too bizarre. Spec says 3.5 amps @ Turbo.
But the readings reported so far are all less than 2.5 amps.

How dare reporting the low numbers!

Same here no little package of goodies either.

Measured mine on LG HE2’s and it read 2.56a forgot to measure the current and the voltage till i had already used the battery for 3-4 minutes off and on. Battery voltage was at 4.16v after the current measurement.

I like the light it is my first xml2 light. Thanks for putting all this together!

It does ?! No kidding!

I also got my light earlier today, took some candid photos of it.

Link in pic

I got my BLF X6-SE today!

It's not perfect, but it's quite the bargain.

I'm gonna party like it's 1999.

becauseitliterallyis $)

Just got mine; put it against my 3.04A XM-L2 on Noctigon both with 3100mah Panasonics… not even close!

Both lights have about the same reflector. The beam is less focused on the X6 and the beam just disappears when comparing the beams into the foggy night. On outside surfaces, the x6 is swallowed up with the challenger. The AR coating also has some flash artifacts. And someone taped the box!

Maybe I’ll need to try that triple mod… otherwise it is just another flashlight with BLF on the side.

The challenger? Review: UltraOK Technologies V-SHARK VS-X1 XM-L 18650x1

Really happy with the torch. Really well made, I’m very pleased with the purchase. I haven’t checked the tail current but based on the brightness on high I’m more than satisfied with it’s performance. Thanks to krono and the team for making this GB happen. Look forward to others soon.

My lights both showed up today. Very happy with the purchase.

I’ve got to wonder though who was thinking what when they slapped (wrinkled) tape and stickers on the nice custom box.

Now to decide which tint to keep, and which to gift to my FIL (and whether to order more).

Just for all you naysayers I haven’t even received mine but I can already feel that it’s going to be amazing :smiley:

And from djozz’s posts the AR lens looks absolutely immaculate. We didn’t wait for banggood to send the new sample AR lens but we trusted them to deliver and they came through.

Thanks so much Krono, Dale, Unkown, JM, Yourrid, EagleEye, Banggood and everyone involved who made this GB possible :slight_smile:

Heres my two bobs worth. This would have to be the best value light I have. I was sitting on the fence on this one as I do not need any more lights full stop. The thread got longer and longer and in the end dragged me in with me screaming noooo. I've spent $20.00 on hosts that were not this good let alone a working light. I'm glad I have another on order, why who knows and to top it of it is a special light being a very concerted effort by a few members here, I can only say I'm glad I was not one of them, a BLF light. It does not get any better than that. Thanks guys

With an LG D1 fresh of the charger measuring with my non calibrated measuring instruments, weighing in at 4.32 volts, on turbo amp reading at the tailcap was fleetingly 3 amps with a steady decline. After approx 20 seconds current had dropped to 2.7 amps and the battery voltage with no load was 4.23 volts.

IMO if Krono and DBCstm do another major group buy that requires light customization then they will prove to the world that they are dedicated masochists. The way that some people have attacked the final results lights, and the volunteers who made all the effort, would have me unwilling to ever volunteer for such a project again. Way too much negativity here. If you do not like the light then I bet that you will be able to sell it for as much or more than you paid within months after the group buy ends.

The current readings people are getting show such variance that I question many of the results and the competence of the measurers or the quality of their equipment. If your meter is not within current calibration date by a certified calibration lab then your results are questionable. Trying to use wire leads of unspecified length and gauge in conjunction with the low voltages involved here adds more variability to readings. DBCstm used a wireless clamp-on meter.

Even group buys I have witnessed here organized by OL and “_ the _” have turned into royal PITA complaint sessions from enough participants so I would never volunteer to do one. Not worth the hassles.

I do have to say that I do appreciate the effort that went into this so kudo’s to all that made it happened.
It is a nice light for the money, there is no argument with that.

Since very little discussion included the choice of switches, I thought I’d take a look. It looks like an Omten 1288B …in white.

These should be silver plated but it is on the smallish side. I will see what kind of drop I see across this later. This may determine just how much effort this light is worth. A preferred switch is the KAN28… but that ain’t goin’ in the hole. Not a lot of upgrade option on this end.

This forward clicky on 17mm PCB fits straight in, you just have to completely cut away the silicone pillar on the inside of the tail-cap cover. That switch is for sale by other sellers as well (KD, FT etc.). I'm not into forward clickies, so it is not for me.

Nothing like a group hug to make a new member of the family feel at home.

Maybe we should encourage the complaining a bit until this thread reaches 5000 posts! :stuck_out_tongue:

All in all this light seems to be the same as approved in the test, so I’m happy enough with that.
That it doesn’t completely meet the requirements is one thing, but it would be a lot worse if the manufacturer decided to deliver something completely different.

All in all I’m happy with the light especially for this price, thinking of buying a second one although I really don’t need another one.

Don’t know if I already said it before, but if not, a BIG BIG BIG thanks to all those involved in organizing this. I wouldn’t be able, or even willing, to undertake such a massive, nervebreaking groupbuy.

X6SE against a solarforce P1D with vinh xml2 smooth reflector dropin that has 1400 LED lumens, both running VTC5s, the X6SE is brighter, tighter hot spot, throws much better, it is amazing!

Got the first of mine yesterday.

Very impressive quality & features for a ~$20 light.

Of course, being me, I had to take it all apart to check it out… Build quality was fine, had what I consider the ‘right amount’ of TIM under the copper star, no centering ring needed with the dimensions of the reflector, which allows it to sit right down on the star for good focus.

Nice threads, spares bag of ‘O’ rings & GITD boot, all in a padded, custom BLF box.

The light works great out of the box, but me being me again, I threw in the resistance mods to the springs & replaced the LED wires before screwing it back together…. :beer:

I suppose the thing is, I’d have happily paid $30 a light no questions if it delivered on the high output.

As I’ve said, the beam, tint, build and finish are all superb. But I was hoping for something that would out perform most of my other lights (which aren’t heavily modded or hot rods). So while it’s only 1 point, it is a fairly major one for me.

But to show I’m not letting get the better of me, I am EDC’ing my EE X6-SE today.

Well yes if the 3.5 actually produced 3.5amp at the tailcap, vs the 1.8-2.4amp most have reported at the tailcap for the 3.3 one.

Not saying this would be the case, but I still can’t quite grasp how this can really be a 3.3amp driver when it pulls less amps than most of my higher output lights and appears visually less bright.

Banggood sell Samsung 25R’s (don’t search under Samsung, just 25R else you won’t find them).

I’d recommend them, or Efest purple IMR’s.