Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

Excellent poetry Dale!

That there was some goooood rhymin' .

Made my day . Laughing

Thanks , Dale .

I will hang in hoping for someone to enlighten me about a suitable post to study.

4000 posts on a 20 dollar flashligth, seriously “Worrying about 50 lumens” is the true essence of this forum :slight_smile:

12/1/14

Well…there’s some good and bad news.

Bad news first. 7C Warm White was not available. Thought we had a line on that emitter, but it didn’t pan out.

Good news is that it will be replaced by 4C tint…100 total will be made!

If you are ok with that change, you don’t have to do anything. Your tint choice can be made upon purchase.

If you are NOT ok with changing from 7C to 4C, please let Yourrid know so he can take you off the list.

There will still be a total of 1000 X6-SEs made. Since lights have been overselling the commitment list, we have taken sales offline until these items are closer to being stock. We will then come up with a new GB code so that people later on the list can have an opportunity to buy their lights. It should be within about 1 week when they are ready.

Thanks again to everyone that is helping!

krono
(updated in OP also)

Make sure you guys tell me what tint you want (the guys on the Warm White list)
Here: ——Sign-Up List—— BLF Edition Eagle Eye X6 Group Buy
Will you guys refresh my memory on the tints again
1A = CW
3C = NW
4C = Warmer than NW

Yup, my 4Cs look warm next to my 3C NW EE X6. I think this is actually a very good move in this situation, since the lights are under performing on output and a 7C probably takes off at LEAST 20% of the lumens, so that would have been maybe 800-160=640 lumens for a good average battery performance in this light. 4Cs can be closer to 5% reduction I think…

Makes sense to me. It won’t be as warm, but should be a little brighter.

4C is what I wanted from the getgo...hope I can get one.

ETA: WooHoooo...i'm on the list!

3C is about 4700K, 4C about 4300K. 7C about 3000K.

Krono..do ya know if this WW is gonna be XM-L2 T5 4C? Or sumpin else?

so i came by this idea while using my new X6 fresh out of the box.
i simply cut a piece of the included white foam that was around the box, taped it into a cylinder around the head, then taped the top of the tube closed flat.
it is easily removable but fits snug
i’m sure everyone here can create their own version with their personal preference for length, shape, etc
check out the pic

picture

+1 Not quite believable is it. Considering that the human eye couldn’t ever tell at all, no how, no way, not even 100 lumens or more and for many, a lot more than that.

Sorry, just trying to get it to 5,000 posts, Sealed

I’m told it is XM-L2 T6-4C

I just pulled the retaining ring out of my non special edition X6 and tried it with a 105c, it doesn’t fit. the ring would need to be opened up some.

[/quote ]

Off topic, but clicking on the picture link in the above post, tries to download a .exc type file to my android smart phone ??
May be a mistake or completely innocent, but thought I’d bring it to other members attention

I love it when I can help others out.

Woohoo! Got mine in!

Not NW…cool white 1A’s (I ordered 2x NW emitters…my favorite is T6-4C so the 3C was very close [but I am not put off by cool white emitters either…just prefer neutral white light if at all possible]…they sent the wrong ones :frowning: ) but they are AWESOME…tons of light, feel great in the hand and are an EXCELLENT out of the box STOCK…sure they don’t deliver the whopping 3.5A, but lower current means they will run longer and still make buckets of light!

oh yeah…both boxes have tape…bleh

Thanks to ALL of those invovled in this group buy…very very very good deal and I now have a flashlight that says BLF on it :slight_smile:

Ok - from post #4135:

My two BLF SE's, both NW:

#1: on a LG HE2 @2.74A tail: lumens: 966 @start, 918 @30 secs

#2: on a SONY VTC5 @2.80A tail: lumens: 986 @start, 938 @30 secs

Update:

Well #2 is gone, but still got #1 before modding the hell out of it, so #1 is totally a stock X6 BLF SE in NW tint, out of the box:

#1: on a Samsung ICR 26C (laptop or power pack pull) unprotected cell at 4.20v, 2.44A at the tail: lumens: 870 @start, 836 @30 secs

I normally don't use protected cells in single cell lights, and the Samsung ICR seems to be middle of the road, certainly not an IMR or high powered. I have, what I think, is a proper DMM setup with short 14 AWG direct soldered in wires. Is this what you were looking for?

It seems quite impressive to me at 2.44A at the tail, not much of a drop in the first 30 secs, and 836 OTF lumens in a nice 3C tint -- not bad.

Note: all my lumens and kcd measurements are "my own" taken on an older LX1330B meter - kcd taken indoors and lumens in a PVC constructed lightbox, accuracy can be freely debated...

Mine has dry threads, i have not had a chance to lubricate and put a battery in the light yet, but it does look like a nice light, did everyone’s come dry?

This way is good though, i don’t have to remove old lubricant before using the stuff i have!