Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

Received my light in the mail today. For the price, I couldn’t be happier. Actually thought it was going to be bigger haha, glad it’s not.

Thanks Kronos and Neal, and everyone else involved for making this happen. Seems like a big success to me.

I’ve really been liking all of O-L’s file work recently so to decided to give it a try (more work to come, it’s so time consuming)

Just received mine delivered to Long Island. 13 days once the tracking started working. No tape on my box, but well wrapped with foam, both the box and light arrived in flawless condition. Light didn’t turn off when the battery was installed, then I remembered the retaining ring for the tail switch was likely not tight, and found it to be very loose, so an easy fix.

A real beauty of a light with a NW XM-L2. On a fully charged Redilast 3100mAh cell, tail-cap current on TURBO was 1.92a.

Great job all envolved in putting the GB together!!!

Do we know when the WW will be released, and if they will have the new or old XML2 7C emitters?

**Also, if these are not manufactured, is there any way to disable/omit turbo timer since it is not needed on this light pretty pretty please?? :slight_smile:

Just got my light and thanks pronounced and everyone involved. My first blf created light.

I’ll try my SF L2 clip… after the BLF X6 light arrives. It looks like it’s still in China though. This clip works pretty well on a lot of 1x18650 lights, can be used for cigar grip, and looks like this:

I have two of these clips… but if I had known how useful they would be, I should have ordered more.

After three minutes automatically step down to medium level. A maximum level is higher, would have been welcome.

In effect it had been requested, but we did not have; for this price we are happy anyway.

Mine arrived today. Funny thing is tracking didn’t show anything until sometime yesterday, but I didn’t see it until this morning.

As mentioned above, the battery tube seems smaller than I expected, even having the dimensions.

Looks like a good like- thanks!

Edit- the tape came up about 1” on the back side of the box, and 2” on the bottom. In order to get the light out, I just slit the tape for now. Removal can come later. :slight_smile:

I think we need to update the first post with the flashoholic tape removal method instead that I used: put your J18 on max output against the box aimed at the tape segment until it gets warm enough to remove it. If your J18 is modded like mine, be careful, because it goes quickly: the white sticker started to turn black/burn, and the clear tape melted at one position on the box I used it on :wink: But, it all ended up coming off nicely, except for one small portion I pulled on prematurely before that portion was warmed.

*And tks toykeeper, tell me how it works out, the light is nice, but hitting turbo over just begs for cigar grip.

ordered 11/5 still in china :frowning:

first off, a big thank you to everyone who made this groupbuy possible
i love the light. great output quality fit and finish.

my issue is that my light will switch modes with a slight amount of movement or vibration to the body. ie walking or minor movement.
i am using 63mm long sanyo laptop pulls. also it will not function at all with my 68mm protected black trustfires.
please let me know if anyone else is having this issue or if you know of a fix
feel free to PM me so i don’t divert this thread.

gpapa, it's the rubber boot in the tail cap. Check that the retaining ring is installed properly. I removed the retaining ring and pulled the switch out of mine and shaved about 1/16" off of the post inside the rubber boot, works much better now but the Omten switch is still on the sensitive side. I've had about a dozen of these lights in hand and this one was the first to exhibit this behavior.

thanks DBCstm for suck a quick reply. funny enough my convoy s2 tailcap threads on perfectly and works with zero problems (with all of my batteries). i couldnt take the switch out and swap them since the threads are glued in my s2 tailcap. now i know what to do from here.
thanks for helping me identify the cause

edit- i got it working perfectly by messing around with the boot and spacers. thanks again

My first one arrived today, had tape across the front which came off no worries at all with the hair dryer.

I must say it is a very nice looking light, and is actually smaller than I imagined it to be. Can’t wait to have a triple XP-L in there!

Any tips for removing the clip without damaging the ano?

EDIT: nevermind, I found a good way.

tell us

I got my first from the group buy today. I had someone guess it was a $100 light tonight.

I used two wooden toothpicks, pushed them into each side of the clip so they went in as far as they could go, then just grabbed the actual clip part with some pliers and pulled it off. The toothpicks acted as buffers to stop the arms of the clip scratching the ano.

sounds doable :slight_smile:

I got mine on Friday, very very pleased with it! Thankyou so much to all involved for all your hard work. :beer: