Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

I have the tape on the box. No big deal for me.

These lights are a absolute deal! Man you guys did a great job. For the money, these lights are the most outstanding stock budget light I own. Yall really did awesome. Thanks for all the hard work. For those who missed out, well you missed out on one nice budget light.
Thank you folks!

I got two of my lights yesterday! Woo-hoo! I had ordered four - two of each - in two orders, one right after the other. I got the NW’s today. Hoping to see the CW’s soon. I didn’t take any tailcap readings, as I’m currently not in possession of a working DMM. Maybe I’ll buy myself a nice one for Christmas! :santa: Anyway, I put a laptop-pull CGR18650D into one of them and tested it for brightness relative to my Olight S20. It is noticeably brighter, but not by a lot. The S20 is FL1 rated at 500lm with one 18650. The X6-SE hot-spot is tighter than the S20 and the tint a little more on the yellow side, but not much. It has a brighter spill as well. I also did a mental comparison to my Courui D01, which I gave away recently. The Courui had a cool white emitter. The Courui hot-spot was much tighter. I could shine the Courui up into the sky at night and the beam looked straight like a laser and could be seen for a long way up. The X6-SE beam has a noticeable (though not large) cone shape, and could not be seen to go as far up as the Courui. Overall, the X6-SE is plenty capable for it’s size and lights up a huge chunk of the night. I’m not disappointed.

The size of the X6-SE is small enough to EDC inside my front pocket, clipped onto the pocket lip so it stays in place. But, the clip is in the wrong position to keep it on my belt as I was doing with the S20. When I clip it on my belt, it puts the tailcap too high and it pokes me in my side. The groove for the clip is too deep IMHO to just remove it. The light looks weird to me with the groove unpopulated. The UI is simple and works okay, but I was accustomed to the S20 UI with a side e-switch, so the X6-SE with a tail clicky takes some getting used to. Altogether, it is a very nice light and worth every dollar I paid for it.

My boxes both came with a small piece of tape on the bottom on one side, so not very intrusive. I did use the hair-dryer to get the tape off, and some tiny shreds of the paper came off anyway. But, maybe I just didn’t heat the tape enough. The boxes look very nice and make the value of the light even higher to me. I can see this light, in the original box, going for $100 easy. I feel privileged to own the ones I have. I originally thought I’d give away two of them (for Christmas) and keep one (and the fourth one is bought by a friend of mine already). Now, I think I’ll have to be discerning with who I give it to, if I do. I don’t want to give it to someone that will treat it no differently than some cheap light that can be bought at Lowe’s or Wal-Mart.

I just pushed both sides of the clip with my thumbs until it popped off. No scratches. I don’t think we have to worry too much, since the ano is pretty good. I didn’t like how the light looked with the groove, though, so I put my clip back on.

I got my 2 NW and immediately filed down the battery tube to put the tail cap switch guards parallel to the flats on the battery tube, so by grabbing the flats on the light, my thumb is clear of the guards to activate the switch (instinctive). Also added a Surefire Cigar Grip, fit perfect in the clip groove. Now for a direct drive, a 25R and forward click! Hmmmm………… BLF X6 SPECIAL TACTICAL EDITION !!! 8)

My CW one arrived yesterday.

I measured tailcap current a VTC4 with the GB X6 and, for comparison, the same battery in my sinner Tri-EDC triple XP-G2 with a BLF17DD:

Tailcap (GB X6): 2.15 amps

Tailcap (my sinner copper with BLF17DD): 4.93 amps

The X6 is stock (no braiding, etc.).

Jim

So what is an educated guess on X6 lumens: 600? 700? 800? 900?

Nisse, my light box indicates 826 -1066 lumens, battery dependent, with no spring bypasses.

Happy with that more than enough to stunn the slugs in my garden!

DavidEf - If you were looking just to gift then use the BLF code and get the stock X6's. They cannot be disappointed with such generosity for what seems like a high dollar light.

Hi,

BTW, despite the lower tailcap current, I can now understand what some others have posted about the light: Between the quality of the light and the extra swag that comes with it (the BLF Special Ed. box, and little bag of goodies), it is a VERY NICE light for the price, and at least for myself, I am planning to leave both of the ones I got as stock.

Just my opinion tho…

Jim

EDIT: Thanks krono, and all the others involved in this GB!

So I’ve noticed a huge gain over the stock light I had, all other parts are the same leading me to believe the gain is 100% the AR lens, let me explain-

On my stock light with dedomed U2 1A and FEt driver on a 25R the highest throw reading I was able to get (with no reflector mods) was 68kCd, I did some reflector work (pretty extensive) to get it up to 79kCd (shortened it and widened the opening and replaced the isolation disk with 3mil kapton sheet). With this light with AR lens with NO reflector mods and stock isolator I get 84kCd! I’m going to do some reflector work in the next few days, I really hope to make it to 100K (if it made it from 68 to 79 with the reflector mod’s before I figure 95kCd on this one should be hard so hopefully I can coax out just 5k extra.

What happens if you move the AR lens from the BLF special one to your modded stock one?

Wouldn’t that be a quicker way of seeing if it’s the AR lens that made the difference?

All the stock light’s are long gone, sorry. Anyone else have one?

Just want to say thank you to Krono and team, Thank You.
Received my nw last week. This light is really value for the money, the quality is as good as “branded” names flashlight.

fyi, anyone interested in a cheap diffuser, this one fits the X6 very well:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001948/1140012-beam-light-diffuser-for-led-flashlights

It also fits a SupFire L5, SolarStorm or FandyFire K2, F13 and the F13 clones.

The diffuser is far from perfect at $1.38, but compared to tailstanding the X6 and reflecting light off a white ceiling, it does send out more light sideways, and doesn't have that glaring hot spot. The hot spot is still there, but warmer tint and not as bright.

Nice.

The only measurement that matters to me. :v

I found that all my Nitecore 40mm filters (& other Nitecore accesssories) fit the X6 Perfectly.

For example:

Nitecore NDF 40 (NDF40) U$5.20 (BLF:$4.94) 40mm Beam Diffuser for Flashlight (for EA4,MH25,P25,etc) | FastTech

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1325112

&

Nitecore NFD 40 (NFD40) U$5.85 (BLF:$5.56) 40mm Beam Diffuser for Flashlight (for EA4,MH25,P25,etc) | FastTech

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1325113

Best Regards,

George

PS:

Nitecore have a sizable range of 40mm accessories, eg: green, red, & others

Picked up another warm white.

Wish there would be a 4C Tint. I could go for a WW. But 7C, according to the graph, is just too Salmonish/Orange tinted for me

I think it will look really good, like a very bright incan.