Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

Just picked up all four of my lights from the post office. 2 CW and 2 NW. I must say that I am impressed with the quality of the build for $20. At work right now so I really can’t do much with them.

Just show them off to the reception desk lady!

Hi,

Thanks, but that link didn’t work for me. I think the individual comment links sometimes have problems as they assume certain # of posts per page, which can be different, so can you just post the comment #?

Thanks,
Jim

I think the only other person interested in lights is one of the maintenance guys, and he isn’t here today for some reason.

I’ve been able to get readings of 3.25amps but with a VTC5,20R—It drops like a rock—It’s like I’m using those laptop cells that taper off quick—Never seen this with these cells before—some serious resistance build up

@ ohaya her you go!

3 cool white arrived today Thank you very much to all involved with this group buy especially kronological :bigsmile:

First 2 NW arrived yesterday. Wow smaller than I expected but very pleased with them. Tape came off the boxes fairly well with hairdryer tip :slight_smile:

Thanks for that hint, it worked very good with a hairdryer and maybe one minute later I have a tape free box…
——

I haven’t read all the posts because this thread explodes every day…besides that someone mentioned that this could be a regulating driver(when I read some posts last time…)and it isn’t, If I plug it to a power supply it should increase drawn current if voltage gets lower(to maintain emitter current) but it doesn’t….if someone investigates how this driver works and has additional info we should make a new dedicated thread for it because it will get lost in this enormous thread.
———-

Mine arrived today, customs needed a invoice because it was declared low but also one of the bigger Chinese packages…so I had to email them the PayPal invoice and wait another two days for delivery…

It’s a very nice light, it feels and looks fantastic. The size is very comfortable and brightness is high for a unmodded single emitter budget light. The AR lens looks good and makes this feel and look entirely like a premium light. modes are good and ui works like it should.
Despite I like the BlF A8 and my M6 very much, I think that this is the best group buy light we had so far.

Thanks for this group Buy!

Will eagle eye use some of the things they did in this special version in the standard lights? Or was this a one time offer?

My CW one should be delivered today. The NW one has now departed from Flushing, NY on the way here :)!!

I’m glad you like it, Werner.

There will be a limit of 1000 of the BLF X6-SE made.

I’m not sure if EE will incoprporate some of these improvements in the regular X6 or their other lights, but it wouldn’t surprise me. Price would go up accordingly, but with a starting point of ~$18, it will be an excellent deal.

EE is also in the middle of redesigning the F35. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

We (krono, DBCstm, JohnnyMac, Neal & EE) are also working on a ground-up design for a new light, and we will, of course, use what we learned from the X6-SE.

I would think by now you would have learned to stay away from Group Buys :slight_smile:

But if you do a new light I would be in for one or two.

Some of the BLF embossed boxes have clear tape on them from the shipment department. One user came up with an easy way of getting the tape off withoit ruining the nice gift box. He advised using a hair dryer or heat gun/reflow gun to heat the tape up, then slowly remove.

I can’t recall who came up with the solution, but THANKS!

Almost 4,000 posts…amazing!

OP Updated.

krono

I just received my NW Eagle Eye F35 from Banggood. There’s not much I’d want to change in this light.

• Maybe a higher max output with some sort of thermal or time limiter (it’s too small to handle high power for long)
  • A built-in USB charger would be nice

I placed an ordrr for four of those EE F35 lights that was cancelled after I got my tracking number. I will definetly be orderkng a replacement.

What is the status of the warm white version?

Ground-up? That’s like hamburger!

You know what they say about sausage, the law, and flashlights ….

Well, y’all have been through the grinder once and stayed remarkably cheerful, so I’m glad to see you taking on another challenge.

Say, if you’re taking suggestions, I recommend someone build a light in this “hand grip” form.

Here’s an, er, different appliance using the “hand grip” shape hardware: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfMIxEiOGTM

Moddable hardware already exists out there — like this: electric brass knuckles - Google Search

Mod that — put that power into one or more emitters located over the knuckles, still be able to hold and point it while using your fingers.

What could go wrong?
Singularly appropriate, coincidentally: http://static.schlockmercenary.com/comics/schlock20141122.jpg?1416599540

Hank;

Not sure where you live but Brass Knuckles and even knives with brass knuckle shaped handles with individual rings for each finger are illegal in most states in the USA. Combine a taser like the goofball on youtube with it and things get worse I would suspect. Unless the flashlight is configured so that there is no possible way it can be used as a weapon or regarded by a judge and jury as still being Brass Knuckles, owners could have a serious problem if searched and arrested while carrying such a light. Your concept could create the first illegal to possess or carry flashlight.

Already many flashlights with handles available, frequently called spotlights. Nitecore even does an accessory handle for their TM series lights.

I got my +500 light yesterday they have now put tape around the whole box. Good one

If this style(EEX6SE) and quality, came in a (2) 26650x MTG2 Light, with forward rear clicky and side switch (Y3) I would absolutely have to by a few of them!