Group Buy-BLF X6-SE OP update-GB over.

Yes Dale, the light can go 60 mph but there’s a bug on the windshield. :smiley:

kst, yeah, I saw that, so I put an BLF17DD FET driver in it, stuffed it with a triple XP-L V4 3D and loaded it up with a Sony VT C5 and when it hit about 3336 lumens the bug zapped. Pffffft! All clear! :slight_smile:

(All but the bug zapping part are true. I had to put polished Ledil CUTE-3 Optics in it with a UCLp from flashlightlens.com to get it all clear. :wink: )

Edit: Battlescars are SEXY! :bigsmile:

FWIW, with V6 2C emitters one just like this makes 4040 OTF lumens. Sick, huh?

Yup, that one has what counts! Gimmie! :slight_smile:

The V6 2C variant is on it’s way to SoCal for some bike riding adventures and the original sample light with it’s sexiness and all is en-route to Amarillo Texas where it will be dissected and measured for heat sinks to be made at the machine shop. The plan is for Richard to carry these lights and parts to modify em this way. Cool huh? :slight_smile:

4000 lumens for how long?

Yes I figured from what you said previously you had something like this in the works with Richard :wink: Good job you guys.

Till your hand burns…somewhat seriously… :wink:

But 4k at 1st dropping to 3k … at higher than souped up SkyRayKing level, who really cares?

A single 2500mAh cell can’t supply 11A for very long. Like asking a powerlifter to carry his record lift the length of a football field. Not gonna happen.

I built it with 7 modes so battery life can be managed. Compromise is the name of the game, right? :wink:

The more useable modes the merrier!

Not to be left in the dark better keep those bike riding adventures very short :slight_smile:

wait, this is a polished SS optic (the heavy texture polished off)?!

Ya killin me Dale, that’s pertty. You have the only Official BLF Special BZ Edition :Sp

I polished off the honeycomb diffusion on the face.

Ordered mine 11/5, just arrived in San Francisco today. I should have it tomorrow or Wed, to play with on Thanksgiving. Yippee!

USPS says mine also left San Francisco today, heading for Austin, TX and then to ME! This is my original 2 CW that I ordered a few hours after the buy opened, lol. First ordered, last delivered. Go figure.

Could I get my name down for the group buy on one of those ones! :Sp

DB, should have yours by Thanksgiving as well. COOL!

Mine finally says it arrived in the country today, so it should be here Wednesday or Thursday. Total of 24-25 days between ordering and arrival, of which 16 were the time it took for BG to get the product to their local post office and 8-9 were the actual shipping time.

An order I placed a week later showed up in the country about 8 hours earlier; probably the same boat but it got unloaded first. I guess I’ll probably get both on the same day.

Edit: Crap, Thursday is a national holiday, so it might not be here until even later.

Get the PO to deliver? Gotta keep priorities straight, right?

RMM will be getting some X6 hosts soon (en-route) and the 32mm Noctigons are being produced even now. With another member about to embark on a prototype run of heat sinks we should be nearing the reality of these triples being available soon. It would be really sweet if that could happen before Christmas but the heat sinks will probably be the last think to make it. We’ll see.

It’s actually a very nice light with triple XP-G2’s but it’s a beast with XP-L’s