Group Buy Feeler for the Ultrafire F13 from GearBest - Closed, See OP for link to GB thread now

Ive just received 2 of them jingkongs from lightmalls and at 1amp I can only get 2650mah

Post #1 updated.

We are around 40 pieces now. I think we will hit 50, especially if I have GearBest do a "code" like we did with T-mart. That will spread around to other forums and that will give them over the 50 piece mark. Since there is no high limit, then it should be no problem spreading it around.

I have no need for this light. I’m in! :slight_smile:

Hi,

I’m probably in for at least 1, but is the driver for this light a 2-board driver? If so, does anyone know what the sizes are for the driver and the contact board?

Also, their website shows they use Paypal. Does the $9. price include PP fee?

Good for one.

It is a single board driver. It “Should be” like this one https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/19164

The total is $9.99. There should be no extra PayPal fees.

Link? Has that been done with this driver? https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/19164

Pencil mod is equivalent to resistor stack. If one works, the other will too.

In that case, then just a blob of solder should work as well. Just solder across to jump the component, or even solder a wire on. But, the reason for a resistor there is to control the time to reset, is it not?

Correct, if you solder blob it you will likely get stuck in the first mode (hopefully high). Solder blob may also cause other problems such as a high parasitic drain. I’d use a low value resistor (in the thousands of Ohms still) in place of it.

Playing with different high value resistors like discussed in your link (or just playing with the amount of graphite you lay down from the pencil) allows you to control the reset time.

Hi,

Ok, thanks. So that explains why the pics in the other thread show replacement with a 2-board driver, with presumably an ~20mm contact board.

I’m assuming that that also means that there’s enough space, height-wise, in the pill, to stack two PCBs (a contact board and a driver board)?

Can you now put me down for 2 of these?

Thanks,
Jim

If it won’t fit we now have plenty of 20mm options, assuming you want 7135’s or direct drive. Look at the first post in the Oshpark Projects thread that RBD created. For 7135s you could use texaspyro’s 20mm nanjg 105c clone. For direct drive you could use the BLF20DD V2.0 Mattaus made. Those would sit in even a shallow recess.

I used a pencil on a clone (Paisen U2-Z6). The first time I overdid it and only had high, just erased it and penciled again a bit lighter. Mode change is perfect now, with about a 1 second reset.

I like the older version of the F13 more (my review ), because it has a removeable pill and it was easier to replace the LED and the pill has many threads. I use a pencil to get the mode result.
But the concept is nice, it's a good price and I think I will buy 2-3.

So true… :bigsmile:

For $10 you can put me down for one.

Sorry, I already have the Paisen, more 26650 lights than I have cells for, and more lights than I could ever use, so I couldn't possibly take more than three. More likely two. Don't even suggest four. Two is already too many.

Waiting for an intervention. :|

Buy two. Tell her one for you and one for her.

Either she buys that and you get one, or she doesn't, and given community property laws, you still get one. Along with lots of time outdoors at night to enjoy it.

5/9/14 00:24 Central time I will put the thread up soon, as soon as an error is corrected. Multiples do not take the code, so I am contacting GearBest now.

Sorry, it's always something, isn't it?

Thank you sir for the effort so far.