Group Buy Feeler: SupFire M6 XML-2 - [CLOSED]

wow… the descriptions says

Bright flashlight-M6, 3-speed dimming, and 3 nuclear CREE XML-T6 light source 4 18650, Pokemon, super light
:Sp

I’d be interested in getting one.

Anyone found a dealer who sells supfire? Or are they dedicated for the Asian market only? Or are they the manufacturer only and print another name on the lights?

Is it possible to get the host of M6 only?

I would be very interested in 2pcs, but only if:

- NO strobe/SOS or at least hidden (long press?) strobe/SOS

- NW tint (4* 5* bin)

- 4 modes driver that starts on low/moonlight (but I could live with a reasonably spaced 3 mode)

- possibility to rapidly turn on and switch modes from OFF, for example: 3 rapid clicks to go to HIGH from OFF

- 1sec press time to turn off (2 seconds is just too long)

• combined shipping for the 2 units is possible at the same price

I didn’t know this light before today. How does mode switching work? I suppose there’s memory in the standard driver…? What’s this resistor mod everyone’s talking about?
I like the threaded hole, I could use those lights for photography. :smiley:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/20591

Supfire is only willing sell completed lights at this time.

Please read the FAQ in the OP. NW tint LED's are not available. Custom mode driver must have a 50 unit order and is not customizable to individual specifications.

I'm very suprised this GB feeler is not going better.

The M6 is FAR superior to the SRK variants out there, in every way that matters. For ~$50 it's a great deal especially if they do a custom driver for it.

I am thinking maybe the timing is just off. Flashlight budgets going to gifts and such for the holidays. I will keep it open since it is just a feeler. Perhaps interest will pick up in a few weeks.

err… how come the SupFire L1 in the OP link is the old raging fire clone?
whatever happened to the new L1 that look like M6 body?

i dont think there was ever one that looked like the m6 with a handle. some people made handles for their m6

I was talking about this new SupFire L1

I'd be really interested in maybe a couple of units, but have some reservations. The easy resistor mod makes it appealing but then you got the mode issue to deal with. Not sure why the electronic switch lights can't be made with an easier UI: 1 click on to the last mode, 1 click off, and if you turn it on and click again quickly, you go into mode changing. double-click an any point can be strobe, or can take you into a 2nd set of modes. Sort of like Dr jones drivers, but not exactly. To me, the 1 simple click ON, 1 simple click OFF is a priority to have.

Put me down for 1 definiite, USA, no mods, please. Thanks for doing this!

I wonder if that picture is accurate since it is from a 3rd party seller. I would assume Supfire is posting the correct pictures on their site, but you never know. Perhaps the one you linked is an earlier prototype that use the M6 as a host.

A black SRK was around 40$ then. Previous GB price was lower (34,65$ with registered shipping). So you got a better light than what was out there at a lower price. Basically you paid less and got more compared to typical rival lights. That is the key to a successful group buy IMO.

You also have to consider the amount of people who bought one the last time (70+?), and how many people who own a sort of fat triple or similar light, which may not be interested in another light unless its considerably better, and cheap.

These days there are even more rivals in the 30-35$ range. Sure, the M6 have better build quality. But there are several minor things that you can point your finger towards, some of which are subjective, some of which are just nitpicking (kinda cheap anodizing - especially for a 50$ budget light, glued tail, no proper emitter info - probably T6 bin CW emitters, flat backside under the reflector, slightly less space for protected cells than what is ideal, too much numbers and Chinese signs, its longer than a typical King, spill light is not as wide).

The UI was the main letdown of the stock light, so its nice that they might be able to fix that, to some extent. I think the M6 is a nice triple. But for 50$ I expect more, especially considering all the great suggestions/feedback from BLF members after the previous group buy that could make the light better.

HAIII anodizing, AR lens, XM-L2 T6 3C or something that most could live with,nice/good UI, not a glued tailcap, A light like that might sell for 60-70$. And have a 50$ group buy price ;).

For 50$ group buy price (in 2014) I expect to get the king of all kings...just trying to raise the bar.. 0:)

I’m very suprised this GB feeler is not going better.

The M6 is FAR superior to the SRK variants out there, in every way that matters. For ~$50 it’s a great deal especially if they do a custom driver for it.

I say:
I got in on the original M-6 group buy and its a great light in almost every way! Very well made! I was planning on buying a SRK when the discounted buy came up and after days and days of research on BLF I bought the M6. I see the “new” M6 group buy changes in the light Led, driver ,color , etc. as small changes which improve an already excellent light…
I think the M-6 can be classed with the brightest SRK, SRK+, or any SRK style light. From what I’ve read the M-6 has better heat control than the SRK’s, better fit and finish, and superior design. Now we get improvements…………
So it takes 3 seconds to turn off…SO WHAT!! It blinks at me when I run the batteries down.
Anyone who wants a SRK style light or was thinking of getting any 3 emitter high quality light should join in this group buy.
I hope we get 50 buyers together to complete the group buy.
I’ll take two of the M-6’s.

Of course, I personally have a dozen of lights incoming…so my flashlight needs are satisfied for this year.
The M6 was/is a superb light, only downsides were the XML1 and the UI (I just say SBOS) if this would get fixed this would be perfect.

Besides that, if we don’t reach the 50units mark the UI can me modded by ourself too.
I have a tiny13a with a momentary software in mine since several weeks, it needs just a final touch and probably some beta testing…

Nice, I like mine so much, I gifted my SRK. With a dedome + resistor mod this thing throws and floods well. Only the anodizing and the disco modes are anoying, the rest is awesome.

It'd help if texaspyro's driver was available. That drove a few sales last time.