Group buy: Supbeam X40 L2 (Update: SOLD OUT!)

Well that's not good news. I've been fairly clear on this point... if any of my lights, K40M, X60, or X40 that I still haven't received, turn out to have defects I'm opening a dispute, and will be asking for a partial refund.

Was kind of hoping Acebeam learned their lesson from the K50 debacle.

the difference is definitely noticable, as soon as i took it out of the holster i could see the black color mismatch.

Take a bunch of pictures, and open a dispute. Not much else to do.

No point in sending it back and forth IMO, unless the colors matching really matters, but Acebeam should definitely offer compensation for the mistake.

it would cost me a ton to ship it back to China. Where do i open a dispute in this case, with SupBeam or through Paypal ? or contact them to see if they will offer to compensate for the mismatched parts ?

Based on the K50 GB, they have an address in canada you can send the light to, so might not be that much for you, and they are supposed to refund the price of shipping.

Contact Supbeam first, and see what they say. Most likely they will ask you to send the light to their canadian address, and give you the option of a full refund, including return shipping, or a replacement. Replacement will probably take a while though, since it will be coming from china.

Here are the relevant posts from the K50 thread.

I expect issues with the X40 would be handled the same way.

now i’m worried about my X40 got the same miss-matched :frowning:

Just got home from work and picked up my second x40 from my drop off location for such things (mom’s house). Everything looks just as good as the first one which means perfect as far as I can tell. Quick test with some protected Keeppower 3400’s and everything works like a dream just like the first one. :slight_smile:

You have to contact Supbeam first before you open a dispute with Paypal. If you escalate the case you can request Paypal to have a return shipping label.( I don’t guarantee that works but it worked for me 2 times ). Good luck!

Do you know of the best route to contact Supbeam on this mismatch issue ?

Send an email to Chris together with your pictures. BTW are you sure your item is x40? As no one was complaining about the mismatch color of this light!

After looking at it more in brighter light, i am ok with it.
I really like the quality of the light, the features, output, and design. I can live with the slight difference in the anodizing color and texture, as the light itself is really well built and works great.
after using it more, I am more happy with it now.

Glad to hear about it. Indeed it is a good light!

As I posted the pic of mine earlier in this thread, there are angles in which the finish seems to have a two-tone look, which I even like better.

Very glad you like it! One of the best designs out there IMO. Would be the best (imho) if it had a larger head, and a standby mode on the control ring.

Picked mine up this morning. Haven't tested yet, but in terms of appearance everything seems to be in order, no mismatches, although the finish is a bit more flat than my other supbeam lights.

Completely agree re the standby mode on the control ring, wtf were they thinking?! This surprised me alot when I got the light.
I’m not the hugest fan of it to be honest, TK75 spanks it, good for a lazy person that likes to charge batteries in the light I guess

Mine arrived today .Looks great! good anodizing ,the infinitely variable control ring works well , I’m very satisfied with my purchase.

Thanks for the GB! the & Supbeam

Mine arrived at our local post office yesterday. I picked it up around lunch today. :party:

The shipping box was a perfect fit for the alu case which incidentally was also enclosed in bubble wrap. Initial inspection of the light showed no apparent signs of damage or imperfections. No color mismatches, the control ring is perfect and the threads came with decent lube (tho I added some more). Compared to my K40-L2, this baby is much lighter and significantly smaller - I feel it will be much easier to hold and carry for longer periods of time.

Put some Samsung pink ICRs, tested the light inside my room with all the lights turned off and boy, this light is very bright! I love that it has a 3 lumen output. I can use it late at night when I need to go for a leak. Will do some tests tonight with my K40 if the weather permits it. We have been experiencing rain showers in the evenings for several days already.

Thanks the and Supbeam for this great light!

Q: Excluding battery capacity, are there any other benefits of using NCR18650PFs vs. Samsung 2600mAh ICRs in this light (i.e. more output because of the higher current discharge capacity of the PF)?

Mine wasnt. I came home and found it on the window ledge next to the front door 2 days ago. My second one hasnt arrived yet. Might be different OS.

Have to say so far I cant fault it. I havent been very particular on it yet as Ive got some bad lougie but excellent GB, hats off to AceBeam and ‘the’.

Arrived, doesnt look bad. Now to decide; keep mod out sell