GYRFALCON S8000, S4000 Pro Battery Charger & Analyzer

Perfect!!!

Thanks.

The S8000 is a charger that looks great on paper pending testing.

SammysHP and TimMc are both great reviewers who will provide fair and objective evaluations. We believe that user reputation is the brand.

3 Thanks

Yes!

Personally I prefer the results on http://www.lygte-info.dk.

They are more realistic, when I bought mine everything I read was what I received.

1 Thank

I like them as well. Unfortunately @HKJ isn’t active anymore (which I can absolutely understand after testing a few chargers myself – it’s so much work!).

2 Thanks

Too bad it was great!

Well, not so long ago, because I saw not so old chargers.

Other reviews are less neutral and let themselves be sold with gifts, I hate that.

Already for two years:

I’m trying to follow HKJ’s charger review process and @SammysHP’s setup (2x Aneng AN9002 to record voltage and current).

Similarly, I followed @oweban and 1lumen’s approach to reviewing flashlights when I became obsessed with testing flashlights. While I enjoy testing flashlights, I feel like 43 reviews in 2023 is a bit too much. I’ll do fewer reviews so that there’s more time to spend on modifying flashlights, producing factory tour videos, or doing podcasts.

I’m becoming bit obsessed with testing battery chargers. I’ll eventually buy a thermal camera (e.g. TOPDON TC001) to include thermal images of chargers at a later point. But I digress…

Here are some photos of the terminals:

I’ll check whether different sized Li-ion cells can successfully touch the positive and negative terminals:

A US figure 8 cable was included. It would be nice if an AU figure 8 cable with insulated pins is included when sold in Australia. E.g.

2 Thanks

Be careful, that could end in a burnout quite easily. :sweat_smile:

I’ve checked a few so far and got mixed results. Some work great, some work sometimes and some don’t work at all. The supported length is between 31 and 76 mm and it works best with button-top or at least slightly raised top contacts. Batteries with a small diameter have to be inserted slightly angled.

1 Thank

I managed to short a flat top battery doing that with another charger. The insulation ring might have been a bit small…

Thats not good.

I have had that problem with AAA batteries on every charger I own. I have to raise the battery 1/4 inch before locking the clip. Otherwise, no contact.

2 Thanks

It would be nice if an AU figure 8 cable with insulated pins is included when sold in Australia.

Yes.

2 Thanks
Cell Top Supported?
Vapcell 10440 Flat Yes
Vapcell 10440 Button Yes
Shockli 14500 Flat Yes
Acebeam 14400 Button Yes

3 Thanks

The top of the positive terminal sticks out like a notch.

3 Thanks

There’s flat, and there’s flat and recessed, do you have cells like this ?

I have some Samsung 40T and Vapcell T50 that are recessed by 1mm. It’s not very recessed.

Cell Top Supported?
Samsung 40T Flat Yes
Vapcell T50 Flat Yes
Fenix 21700 Button Yes
NEXTORCH 21700 Button Yes

The NEXTORCH 21700 fits comfortably. It’s about 76.4mm long.

4 Thanks

Vapcell F14 18350 is recessed and it struggles to connect.

Cell Top Supported?
Sofirn 16340 Button Yes
Vapcell F14 18350 Flat No
Keeppower 18350 Button Yes
Manker 18350 Button Yes

6 Thanks

Would be nice :slight_smile:

Other color than black -not white, I think it will not stay long white- My only non-black, the Skyrc NC1500 really looks nice because the color is unique compared to all my other chargers.

But first finish the charger :grin:

I dunno what is “realistic” for you?

Every -good- reviewer will wrote what he experienced with the properties, what he likes/not likes or abnormalities.

Are these ofter reviews not “realistic” if they don´t copy HKJ-style? If they emphases other points?

Even HKJ-reviews have lacks because he only use a few cells to test it. And I don´t understand why charger x have 3 :slight_smile: and charger y have 2 :slight_smile: in some cases. I mean this for chargers I have.

I like reviews from different angles but at least my personal experiences/opinios will decide

It´s very hard to understand your arguments … and why you not just buy the MC3000 even though you think he’s superior to the Gyrfalcon :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

But first finish the charger :grin:

The first small-scale production has been completed. The estimated time for the local distributors to shelf and sell is either mid-March or by the end of March.

I told you I use a translator, I’m sorry you don’t understand.