GYRFALCON S8000, S4000 Pro Battery Charger & Analyzer

I think its not bad as an art piece actually. Of course art is definitely in the eye of the beholder but I even like the SureFire UB3T Invictus light which most seem to think looks like a drain plunger.

1 Thank

Lets hope its a nice charger and forget about the price.

If the charger is good then you can compare with other chargers.

If the charger is crap, then even for free I dont want it.

I am sorryā€¦
Of course, different strokes. But appearance for a cell charger is just not in my top ten considerations. Probably not even in the top 20. Hmmm, wait, I never have even considered itā€¦ :smiling_imp:

2 Thanks

The Gyrfalcons looks not so old like the MC3000, I think thatĀ“s fact. However, beautiful design is not my biggest priority, but maybe IĀ“m a bit Skyrc-sceptical because my NiMH-only-Skyrcs are not so good as some of my other Multi-chemistry-chargers. The Gyrfalcon All44/88 are known for charging good, even with NiMH

I think Gyrfalcon consider to make a fair price, I donĀ“t itĀ“s getting to expensive for the features because not many ppl would buy it.

Dunno what kind of cells you charge, but I like to use my Opus for charging NiMH, itĀ“s much better than the Xtar VC4/VC4SL. For LiIon I use the Opus not often.

I do not use rechargeable Ni-Cd, Ni-Mh batteries, when I talk about chargers I mean charging lithium or lipo batteries, I only use it for that, whether for RC, electronics or now for 14500, 18650 flashlights, 18350, 21700 which are the ones I buy.

I never look in the reviews at how it behaves with AA or AAA batteries.

Maybe itā€™s up to each individual, thatā€™s why some are a better option for you than for me.

I donā€™t care about the appearance at all, it is a tool, you say that you leave it in the living room, I have a Rack in the living room for my network, Sai, Servers, Nas, Router, etc. and I didnā€™t look for it with flowers, or ugly yellow and gray Fluke meters (I like it), there are on aliexpres for ā‚¬10, ā‚¬20, ā‚¬30, etc. beautiful, but I would never buy them, as I say they are tools and I want them precise and not precious

From what I read it will be a very good charger if the final unit does what it says, we will see in the review.

My advice is to launch it at a good price so that people buy it and know about it.

Or make a joint purchase in the forum, those interested join together and buy it at a good price, then we give our opinion about the charger.

They are good options to start with.

As I say, the aspect does not interest me, but I am interested in being able to calibrate it, both tension and intensity, in some hidden menu, almost all of them do not measure tension well.

I am also interested when it is charging, discharging or testing, that the screen shows the maximum information without changing or pressing any button.

The ones I have had either do not show the result until finished or show it by pressing buttons over and over again.

I also miss a warning.

My RC chargers paint when there is an error, and beep when a mode starts or ends, you can hear it throughout the house.

I never leave the recharges unattended and the warnings are very practical, the opus if you are not looking and if you look two or three hours after finishing the charge, it drains your battery, it is very little but it does it, a loud beep makes you go and pick up the loads.

Very important that it can be calibrated.

If you measure a battery below, it will overcharge it and if you measure it above, it will not charge it.

How long :man_facepalming:t2: I like the technical part, Iā€™m sorry.

So you are not the target audience for nice looking things it seems, everyone has different needs :person_shrugging:

1 Thank

Sure, of course.

I didnā€™t look at the Ni-Mh part and for you itā€™s important, thatā€™s why I was agreeing with you.

Remember that I use a translator in case there are parts that I donā€™t explain well.

LiPo or do you mean LiFePO4?

LiIon charge is not a big challenge, even cheap flashlights can charge LiIon fine, even if itĀ“slow.

A charger which have problems with LiIon should be rare, which NiMH there are much more problematic candidates. charger which support both should also do charge it fine, Vapcell can do it, Xtar have more problems here.

This is very important to me. That and showing the actual cell votage after charge terminationā€¦ NOT just the ending voltage for the charge cycle.

I think that this is also critical. It is very important to be able to calibrate all devices to a known standard. Other wise results across devices cannot be accurately compared.

1 Thank

I love pretty/handsome things. Ay, cars, furniture, appliances, living spaces. It is just that certain things donā€™t fit in the categories where I consider it important. I mean, I never looked at my framing hammer or a screwdriver and thought that I wish that they prettierā€¦

No big dealā€¦ I wish you the best in finding a charger that you feel is pretty enough for your living room. OTH, if you find one that works very well but doesnā€™t fit you appearance standards, maybe you can jut put it out of sight when not in useā€¦ a compromise :smiley:

I think, thatā€™s will be the case. :smiley:

If the S8000 is not as good I think I will stick to MC3000, and put it away from the living room lol

We have different expectations, I guess

Never say that :grin:

Larry B wrote it already, I agree. To charge LiIon is easy, except you exaggerate excessively with charging current or the voltage measurement is totally bad.

Gyrfalcons last chargers are since some years on the sale and have a good reputation with all supported chemistries. I donĀ“t have a Gyrfalcon so far because a charger which show no charged capacity is not what I want, reminds me on my old discounter-chargers.

My not so good experiences with Skyrc and especially Xtar makes me hope that Enova brings a charger that is really a good all-rounder. It can cost something, but it canā€™t be completely overpriced.

For me itā€™s the opposite, I prefer that they focus on charging lipo liion life etc. batteries and forget about AA AAA, there are already many chargers for these batteries.

When I used AA, AAA rechargeable batteries for my projects, flash etc I used a charger with a simple bar display to know when the charge was finished.

It was a simple brand name charger and it charged them just fine but I didnā€™t care how I charged them.

The batteries lasted a long time and I would replace them when they stopped working.

At that time I used lipo batteries and the charger also charged Ni-Mh but I never used it for those batteries.

But when I started with 18650 etc. batteries I did care to use a good charger to take better care of them and keep the maximum capacity possible.

Thatā€™s why I donā€™t care about Ni-Mh charging at all, I donā€™t see it logical to include it, I prefer the charger to be specific for lithium ion life batteries etc. and that they focus on improving it for these batteries and forget about Ni-Mh, maybe we would have better chargers that way.

I think this already depends on each user.
PD: I do not have any LiFe batteries

But the talk here is about the supposedly good new S8000 charger.

I hope to see it soon that focuses on charging lithium liion batteries etc.

That it shows maximum information at a glance.

That it charges with a smooth analog curve and not a square wave, that stresses the batteries gives you pulses of a bunch of Aā€™s every x amount of time very close together.

For that reason the batteries heat up more, it is a lot of stress, that in a charger with a curve without square wave, analogical you would not have it.

I have explained it in broad strokes but there is review where the types of loads in different chargers are explained.

Edit:
And I missed the most important thing that it can be calibrated by the user, if the manufacturer cares about the safety of the non-experienced end user, he can put it in a hidden menu.

1 Thank

The charger should be do fine with all supported chemistries. Charge only one chemistry good and another bad reminds me on Xtar (some awful chargers with NiMH) or Opus (1,5 chargers which are better for NiMH than LiIon)

For charging LiIon there are many good chargers on market, you donĀ“t need the S8000 :wink: , while good chargers for both chemistries were rare (Vapcell S4+, with restrictions Nitecore UMSx, LiitoKala Lii-600 and Infinity Voltage X4)

Hope Gyrfalcon thinks the same way, they already proved they can do fine with multi-chemistries-chargers like All-44/88, only the lack of features keeps me away from these chargers.

Since it is a multi-chemistry charger, everyone in this forum should have the possibility to get information about every supported chemistry.
If you donā€™t need the NiMH feature, this is fine - then you donā€™t have to use it, but maybe some other users here prefer to charge NiMH batteries with it?

Just a thought. Buy a MC3000 (which is very good at Li-ion) and be happy with it :+1:

Exactly. THIS is important. For ordinary Li-ion chargers there are many good on the market, but good NiMH chargersā€¦ not a lot.

1 Thank

Jep, I have the feeling more and more LiIon-ppl charge their cells in the flashlights and donĀ“t care much about additional chargers

And still donĀ“t understand why litris donĀ“t buy a MC3000? I think Enova can make good chargers but need a bit time with all the new features, the price would be fair (hope so) but I donĀ“t think itĀ“s a lot cheaper than the MC3000.

I would like it and I would buy it with my eyes closed but I have several and the MC3000 has a high price, if I had no charger I would buy it without hesitation.

I didnā€™t know that charger until not too long ago, I had already bought the others and I have enough to spare with them.

But the S8000 with almost or the same features and at a good price I would buy it but at the same price I would not.

For those who donā€™t have one, itā€™s another option to look at.

Thank you very much for your interest in our new product.
Gyrfalcon S8000 is not a replica of MC3; it features unique hardware and software designs, and its distinctiveness will become apparent in the near future. Enova will also bring more unique value to its users.

3 Thanks

I think Enova can make good chargers but need a bit time with all the new features, the price would be fair (hope so) but I donĀ“t think itĀ“s a lot cheaper than the MC3000.

We will carefully consider the final selling price.

3 Thanks