GYRFALCON S8000, S4000 Pro Battery Charger & Analyzer

Hope Gyrfalcon thinks the same way, they already proved they can do fine with multi-chemistries-chargers like All-44/88, only the lack of features keeps me away from these chargers.

The Gyrfalcon S8000, S4000, and other upcoming new products adopt a brand-new, highly reliable hardware solution that distinguishes itself from traditional Buck circuits. More specific details will be available in the review report. In many aspects compared to previous products, we will do better.

3 Thanks

My charger sits usually in my living room, not in a workshop.

The first batch of mass-produced Gyrfalcon S8000 and S4000 Pro are black. in the future, we can provide multiple color options based on user feedback.
We can also share our models, with color schemes provided by BLF members, and then conduct a vote, to offer color options based on the final voting results.

5 Thanks

I think it is better to add or improve the charger than to invest in less important things.

I prefer that you use all your efforts in a good loader that has the maximum options so that the user can change any configuration value (that is not capped).

Mark 3.18v and with a professional meter there are 3.19 to be able to adjust it.

Mark 1.45A and a professional meter gives 1.5 so you can adjust it to 1.5A.

That would be my dream!

I did it on a firmware for a Lipo charger and it was great but the electronics were not that good.

Then you can create colorful versions.

The option of a version with the configuration options or add other options more voted in BLF would be great!

Even a list of interested in your purchase to get a good price, created that would sign up many, I would in this case and then compare it with others.

Thanks for your efforts for the BLF community.

1 Thank

I know, we just mentioned it for options of what if it came out at the same price we would do.

The S8000 is a charger that looks great on paper pending testing.

And the MC3000 is another charger with lots of user configured charging options.

As I said they are two different chargers and we already know that it will not be a clone.

Nobody said that.

I go on the web many times and the charger is shown, but it never appears for sale.

I have clicked on the quote button on the charger waiting for sale information.

When it will come out and its price.

I have also read the options and see that it has a professional mode!!!

For those of us who have professional tools it is idea as I will be able to calibrate it to my liking.

This is great.

1 Thank

I like this post that has already been deleted (not by me) . :grinning:

1 Thank

Edit:
Was deleted due to some web error.

it has a professional mode!!!

In professional mode, there are up to 17 parameters available for configuration.

2 Thanks

Why did you delete it?

I didnā€™t delete it, I have never deleted anyoneā€™s post, and I probably donā€™t have this permission either.

1 Thank

This post just showed that it was deleted (not by me) and now itā€™s back. I like this post.

2 Thanks

Edit was deleted due to some web error.

Mark 3.18v and with a professional meter there are 3.19 to be able to adjust it.
Mark 1.45A and a professional meter gives 1.5 so you can adjust it to 1.5A.

Gyrfalcon S8000 and S4000 Pro provides calibration function to achieve this goal.

2 Thanks

Perfect!!!

Thanks.

The S8000 is a charger that looks great on paper pending testing.

SammysHP and TimMc are both great reviewers who will provide fair and objective evaluations. We believe that user reputation is the brand.

3 Thanks

Yes!

Personally I prefer the results on http://www.lygte-info.dk.

They are more realistic, when I bought mine everything I read was what I received.

1 Thank

I like them as well. Unfortunately @HKJ isnā€™t active anymore (which I can absolutely understand after testing a few chargers myself ā€“ itā€™s so much work!).

2 Thanks

Too bad it was great!

Well, not so long ago, because I saw not so old chargers.

Other reviews are less neutral and let themselves be sold with gifts, I hate that.

Already for two years:

Iā€™m trying to follow HKJā€™s charger review process and @SammysHPā€™s setup (2x Aneng AN9002 to record voltage and current).

Similarly, I followed @oweban and 1lumenā€™s approach to reviewing flashlights when I became obsessed with testing flashlights. While I enjoy testing flashlights, I feel like 43 reviews in 2023 is a bit too much. Iā€™ll do fewer reviews so that thereā€™s more time to spend on modifying flashlights, producing factory tour videos, or doing podcasts.

Iā€™m becoming bit obsessed with testing battery chargers. Iā€™ll eventually buy a thermal camera (e.g. TOPDON TC001) to include thermal images of chargers at a later point. But I digressā€¦

Here are some photos of the terminals:

Iā€™ll check whether different sized Li-ion cells can successfully touch the positive and negative terminals:

A US figure 8 cable was included. It would be nice if an AU figure 8 cable with insulated pins is included when sold in Australia. E.g.

2 Thanks

Be careful, that could end in a burnout quite easily. :sweat_smile:

Iā€™ve checked a few so far and got mixed results. Some work great, some work sometimes and some donā€™t work at all. The supported length is between 31 and 76 mm and it works best with button-top or at least slightly raised top contacts. Batteries with a small diameter have to be inserted slightly angled.

1 Thank