Haikelite SC26 *** CLOSED For U.S.A. and Canadian Customers only*** Haikelite cut me off at 100 units so GB is closed.

Well... rats!

Just now saw this.

I got tired of checking this thread for additional UI info every day & sort of let it slide for a few days, waiting for things to mature.

Guess I'll wait for the price to come back down again before ordering.

Black Friday maybe...

He did say price would stay the same until sample arrives. I bet you could email him and still be the group buy price.

Terry stopped updating this post for some reason. He has updates about this GB on the other GB post, here: Closed Official Haikelite MT09R *UPDATE Now including TA's Pricing for Emitter Upgrades* Closed - #1601 by NOT_Haikelite_USA_Of . Based on Terry’s post it would seem as if the sample hasn’t arrived yet, so the GB price should still be valid. But this GB hasn’t been consistent, so who knows how it’ll go.

I’d bet that the other group buy and the driver issues have him super busy.

I did get a bit of insight by reading the tail end of that thread. I hope that everything sorts itself out and we can get an update and an estimated eta on these lights.

I’m also hoping that the challenges they are facing will help them troubleshoot any potential problems that might arise with the SC26.

It’s not just Terry who’s been really busy, Haikelite’s been very busy as well. MT09R driver issues resulted in messing up Haikelite’s logistics and planning. I believe the drivers were outsourced, but apparently BLF member Texas Ace had to get involved to trace the problem and even redesign a new driver. So it certainly wasn’t a smooth ride for Haikelite, and all other products were delayed, like the charger/power bank unit for the MT09R, the 8x18650 optional battery tube for the MT09R, as well as the SC26.
The driver issues of the MT09R were unexpected, and no doubt Haikelite wants to do additional testing before mass producing the SC26; this is something that they didn’t do too well with the MT09R.
So when everything back fires, it’s just not possible for Haikelite or Terry to give a decent prediction when the SC26 will be available.
But it appears the end of the tunnel is near. Version 2 driver for the MT09R is already designed and tested I believe, and Haikelite (China) just posted a picture of the finalised charger/power bank unit for the MT09R. So things appear to be normalising now.
So maybe we’ll hear something soon regarding the SC26.
This is just my take on the situation, and nothing is official. I might have something incorrectly stated as well, but you should get an idea of why it’s been quiet here.

Well if anyone is having second thoughts, read this

Well, I hate to cast dispersions but I hope this is not another take the money and run scenario. It’s happened before especially over on CPF and even from long standing members who just simply got into selling over their heads and disappeared with lots of members money.

I’m not accusing anyone of anything here but I sure think Terry should have chimed in here again by now.

I think everyone that paid via paypal goods should be fine for this GB, if things were to go sour. Here’s the policy:

https://www.paypal.com/ms/selfhelp/article/do-i-have-to-file-a-paypal-buyer-protection-claim-within-a-certain-timeframe-faq1417

Haikelite haven’t taken money and run in their group buys. If you look at the MT09R, which I participated in, they are working hard to fix the reported problems and even hired the renowned TA to develop a new and improved driver. Considering the miniscue $130 +/- for the flashlight, even if they sold a couple hundred, that is a minuscule amount of money for a company and considering it cost a lot of money to manufacture the light and also the shipping, I bet at the current situation with the MT09R groupbuy, they are losing money or at least not profitable.

Therefore I have no issue preordering the SC26 and having some patience to allow Haikelite refine the product before they manufacture/ship to us. It’s really just a small amount of money.

I’m pretty sure Terry is so embroiled, enmeshed in the other GB, even if he gets his shipment of SC36s, he would not be able to work on them (you know, personally testing each one, putting his little card on them, etc :wink: This was fairly easy to predict some time back, u could see the writing on the wall, even with the espoused promises (is espoused a word or the right word?

Looks like, thanks to TA or that driver guy or whatever his name is, some people may get a decent product from the other GB. Not sure all who ordered one will, but some will.

I’m not implying anything by saying this but if I remember correctly, for the SC26 GB the purchase was made from Terry’s website. For the MT09R GB, the payment was made to HK China. I’m not sure if this is going to make a difference, but this is why it’s good to know that there is protection by Paypal.

I’m saying this because long ago, I purchased a light from someone with a good reputation on CPF and it ended with the guy running off with a lot of people’s money with no lights to show for it. I had to file a paypal claim to get my money back. So it’s always good to have some protection in these transactions.

Different light, different group buy. Positive thoughts!
At this point I’d take it if it was a pile of components I had to assemble.
Just want that Little Fatty!

I think everyone wants this GB to be successful, it’s just discouraging when you see what’s going on in the other GB (which I am a part of) and it doesn’t help that Terry hasn’t posted here for this GB in a long while.

I agree. I would rather wait and get a good reliable light. But the lack of updates is… Not the best way to do it.
If it’s going to be another month, please be straight with us and say it will take a month more. Or two months more. Honesty goes a long way.

I bought this light on a whim, knowing nothing about Terry or Haikelite. I am unimpressed with both based on the issues of the other GB and the total lack of communication on this thread. GB’s are tough to manage in the first place but add-in asking people to prepay and you are risking your reputation if you fail to deliver. PP gives us 6 months of protection so I am not concerned about my money being at risk. I am just an impatient ass who expects regular updates if you miss a deadline after taking my money. This is not Kickstarter.

Of course maybe I am the moron for jumping into a GB during CNY…

Or he could be sick, in a hospital who knows. We all just want an update.

They are assembling the SC26 order now so I should be shipping those in about 2 weeks.

I was allowed 100 total units for this group buy and I have 3 units left.

On my website I have closed the group buy order price and ability to place a back order. If anyone wants 1 of the 3 units left send me a PM and I can open the offer on my website just long enough for your order to place and then close it again.

I have 24 hours to have the completed order emailed to Dale.

If those 3 do not sell I will still offer them but it will be at 49.99 verses the 32.00 group but offer.

Thanks and it will not be long now..

Thank you for the update.

I'm sorry it has taken this long but, they wanted to be sure there would be no issues.

Thanks for the update.
We appreciate having them be thoroughly tested.