Have I been had?

Scam city, dude. What I’d do is first contact the seller and try to get info on how he has the items at this price. If (when) no response, make ebay aware that it is almost certainly a scam.

I have 4 of them from two separate vendors on the way. Both reported as shipped today… time will tell.

Thanks for taking it .. for us ;)

I think the annoying thing is that there doesn’t seem to be an easy way to tell eBay that it’s a scam. Not maybe, not probably, but definitely a scam. As Chicago X says, this is why eBay and Paypal fees are so high.

I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole - I got enough foreign coins. :wink:

I see…
From Ebay’s stance, it does seem ridiculous to have a report option for “My guts tell me this is a scam.”

If its the real deal, I hope it doesnt sell out before everyone gets in on one. Of course, Im predicting a PP dispute/refund for imitation merchandise, but you never know till you try. The process is easy enough so Im not at all worried. There is always the bullet-proof protection of my CC if all else fails.

Other threads to watch:

Never had a Paypal dispute, I am going to order this now…

And my prediction is you will get a Chinese coin.

Hahahaha If we are lucky!

We will see, what we get if we get something.

Well, it is ebay's fault. They let the fraudulent listing go up in the first place. Just my 2 cents.

My money’s on the fake Columbia Carabiner light…… :smiley:

Too good to be true. Been there and done that. I am staying away from this one. It is clearly a scam. You can’t get something for nothing.

You’re too generous; they’ll leave off the carabiner. :smiley:

I posit that it's no more eBay's fault that someone would bid on a known fraudulent listing/item than it's Gmail's fault that people get scammed by "Nigerian Princes."

Whose fault is it that the "Rolex" someone buys from the guy-in-a-trenchcoat for $30 turns out to be fake?

The seller of this item has behaved up to this point. eBay cannot be prescient, like some kind of auction-site Minority Report agent. The cost of administering these obvious frauds gets passed down to all of the customers, courtesy of those who would willingly participate.

Being uninformed or a novice is one thing; a "savvy" buyer expecting a $200+ torch for $27 something else entirely.

From ebay: “This listing (190782645026) has been removed, or this item is not available.” Ebay issued a security warning by emailed as well.

Item 300847664533 is still active, but Im sure this one will also be taken down soon enough.

I disagree, Gmail does not promise to protect you in case there is a bad email; ebay promises to protect you in case of a bad experience with a seller. While this one is certainly a scam, for example an Ebay HID for the 50 dollars I paid is a great price but not completely impossible.

Wow. What a long-lived scam-from August of 2010! Interesting. It’s like a sleeper cell implanted in the U.S. The price wouldn’t even cover the charger…

Yes

I hate to say it vickers, but the scammers do it because people fall for it.

Consider it a lesson learned.

Too good to be true = too good to be true