Is there a 5050 3V high CRI LED?(Rollercoster of emotions --- 3V 5050 9070 --- GT FC30 6V R9070 5050 --- GT FC60 12V R9080 7070)

But not R9080...read carefully

exactly. I thought the same thing as ifb at first. NOT the same though. that R9 will get ya everytime!

Also, while the initial GT FC40 was 12V only, this can be made to work in 6/12V, giving it more freedom.

Still not the 3/6V it would have ideally been, but it’s still an upgrade over the previous one, and it has a much smaller LES to boot, which means it’s a lot throwier than the GT FC40.

Funny thing is that the specified LES is smaller than the B35AM, and since it has a DTP, perhaps it’ll be able to replace the B35AM in Convoy lights for example.

Ok, I also discovered something else: the emitters used in the GT-FC20 and GT-FC40 are the same, while the GT-FC30 and GT-FC60 use the same emitters as well, and they’re more efficient to boot.

It might actually explain why the GT FC40 wasn’t that efficient, even for a high CRI emitter: same LES as the higher power higher end FC60, but different lower class emitters.

Cree datasheet does not state r9, so we will need to wait for some independent test. Maybe they are R9080. There’s also a 95CRI 5700K,but still not available anywhere.

Typical R9 values for Cree 90CRI LEDs

Might be more viable to have 6V drivers produced for some lights, no?

So probably not R9080 :frowning:

So, question: would anyone be ok if I ordered an FC60 to test out the efficiency difference vs the FC40? I have an FC40 M21B on the way, so I think testing the efficiency difference vs the FC40 would be great.

The difference between the FC40 and FC60 are the same between the FC20 and FC30: better higher quality more efficient emitters that can handle more current as well.

Excellent news: we still have some hope regarding the 3V 5050 LED!!!

The GT FC15 exists: it’s a lower power apparently 5050 emitter in the same class as the XM-L2 instead of the XHP50X.

I’ll ask them yet another question, because a drop in XM-L2 3V domeless R9080 replacement would still be awesome.

PLEASE DO! I’m very intrigued. More efficient FC40’s would be awesome.

Look into that as well! Thank you for doing all this digging! This is great!

Just watching from the sidelines.
This is really cool to see!

@tactical_grizzly, thanks. I’m not sure if I could currently get the FC60 by myself, since I’m already at my limit for the currently allocated budget for the sample order currently(the future GB order will different, but the future is different than today), especially since I might want to add some FC-15s as well if it is indeed 3V 5050.

Unless you want to pitch in, I’m not sure if I can make some room for 1 extra or 2 FC60s.

@CRC2, thank you for the compliment :smiley:

How much do these samples cost ?

Yes please, i want a FC60 M3-C :smiley:

@thefreeman, since we’re dealing with low samples quantities and with MCPCBs, the total cost for the 10x FC30s is 39.50$US(3.95$US).

Of course, this doesn’t include shipping, which adds another 40$US to the mix.

In total, that increases the cost to about 80$US in total without taxes.

I’m planning to add to that 1x or 2x GT FC60, and if the GT-FC15 is indeed a 5050 LED, I’ll add a few of those as well :smiley:

The FC15 will be cheaper, and the FC60 will be more expensive.

Ditto

The GT-FC30 and 60 appear to have potential for higher sustained brightness in 95CRI lights. Exciting times!

I’d be interested in the FC15, I have a dedomed XM-L2 in my SC600 but r9080 would be amazing!

I'm interested in all. BSM if you want to split the cost of samples let me know. But this time different route than the last time LOOOL