Is there a 5050 3V high CRI LED?(Rollercoster of emotions --- 3V 5050 9070 --- GT FC30 6V R9070 5050 --- GT FC60 12V R9080 7070)

Ok, this is the final change.

No more change afterwards since it’s getting out of hand :smiley:

Final sample order quantity:

- 10x GT FC30 reflowed on 20mm MCPCBs to make testing easier and faster + 8x raw GT FC30

- 5x GT FC15 reflowed on 20mm/16mm MCPCB + 10x raw FC15s for testing by a special someone + 3x raw FC15s for someone else. Everyone else will have to wait for the GB

• 2x GT FC60 reflowed on 20mm MCPCB and 3x GT FC60s bare LEDs.

I’m starting to wonder if I misread something at this point in the specs of the FC15 hmm.

I have some great news that should really make everyone as happy as ever :confused:
There has been some miscommunication: no domeless 5050 3V LEDs are currently available in Getian’s catalog.

I’m just so dissapointed now. I was so excited, and I hope I didn’t dissapoint you people more than I dissapointed myself :cry:

Sadly, I figured as much. Seemed like the exact same miscommunication about 3V GT-30. Figured the same thing would happen again when I saw 3V FC15 :confused:

What sort of efficiency increases would be expected in a GT-FC60 compared to a GT-FC40?

I’m still interested in the 6V GT-FC30 as a replacement for the XHP50.2 90CRI and the 6V FC60 sounds good, too. What would be important to know is if they are suitable for direct drive.

Samples have been ordered.

I’m so excited eeee.

I’m still excited despite the lack of 3V options. An upgraded FC40 with better efficiency and better R9 would be great!

And the 30 would be good for a lot of hosts too.

@Kakapo Same. I’m most interested by the fact that the emitters used can handle higher current and are more efficient.

And yeah, the GT FC30 would be very interesting.

If its properties are good, we could use it to replace the Nichia B35AM inside of Convoy lights for example.

It could also be used to make lights like the Sofirn/Astrolux EC06 into high CRI beasts.

Anyway, a picture will be taken once all of the LEDs are made and whatnot :stuck_out_tongue:

Why did you quit FC15?

@Chatika vas Paus, no 3V variant.

If it had been 3V, I would have instantly jumped on the bandwagon for it.

Because it doesn’t come in 3V though, it’s just a smaller LES version of the FC30.

Anyway, I didn’t tell you guys, as I really didn’t know this, but the samples are currently being manufactured.

I didn’t even know the LEDs were even going to be manufactured. I had assumed they had samples of LEDs all ready for companies to test, but nope.

The machines are literally making them as we speak lmao.

Whoa, what have you started :laughing:

Unless Gentian all of a sudden manages to produce consistent Nichia like quality, I really hope this does not replace the B35AM. Purely based on the emitters I currently have actually seen and compared. Higher CRI in 5050 footprint is nice to have, but not at the cost of consistent Nichia quality. Co-exist ok, but not replace.

@Verodin, it’s important to know that consistency and quality costs you, which is one of the reasons other lights might not have such good samples compared to ours(I really hope so, it’ll be about 2-3 weeks before I get the samples).

Good tint and color binning costs quite a bit more than just loose bins, and in large light/flashlight manufacturing quantities, that can add up quickly.

I asked for some top tier CRI Baby tints as I’ve said before, so unless something goes wildly wrong, the samples should be at least good, if not great or even excellent.

Valid point. But most of us are not thinking in massive quantities, just a handful. So cost increase should be minimal on an individual level and thus trivial.

But eagerly awaiting test results. And at the end of the day it will be a MASSIVE improvement compared to the 5050 emitters it might replace in existing flashlights (although 6V thins out the selection a bit).

Yeah, I couldn’t get any interesting 3V 5050 sample from Getian unless I place a very very big order.

Now, if everything goes well, we might be able to get some flashlight manufacturers interested and make a giant combined order so we get a 3V 5050 LED and the flashlight world gets changed forever.

Imagine if every cheap 5050 LED light could be changed to some beautiful 4500k R9080 magnificence.

Oh please no, I’d have to buy all those models I like, but have ignored so far. My wallet can’t take it :partying_face:

Interested if 3V 1900k 9080 will be available

Preliminary color measurements(luminosity measurements will come later, I just asked them while they were doing it on our test samples, so I got them early)

It turns out they misunderstood what I said in the 1st place: I asked for Ra9080, so CRI90 min and R9 80 min, but they wrote down CRI90 and R9 90 minimum lmao.

Looks good. DUV is very slightly below DUV but under higher load, I think it should go lower if it behaves like other emitters.

Yeah yeah, I’m already very happy for this great result. I would have been worried if we got a positive DUV result out of the FC60.

Now I’m just waiting for the FC30 results for an interesting reason I’ll discuss later when I receive its results.

Also, I may have uncovered something interesting: in the meantime that I’m waiting for the FC60 brightness data, I actually asked for the GT FC40 brightness data to get a reference.

I was shocked at the very bad efficiency numbers they got, which were considerably different to what current lights actually have.

They may actually have badly calibrated luminosity measurement equipment :stuck_out_tongue: