JAXMAN E2L hosts are available now

This sucks- a $35 order comes to $50 with shipping. Really?!

JAXMAN - please fix this issue for AliExpress. It shouldn’t cost me an additional $16 to ship small items.

often in Aliexpress you order 2 items and surprisingly the shipping costs went mad

I fixed this doing separate orders

Really? That’s nuts.

It’s not AliExpress problem, it’s Jaxman price settings for shipping.
If you buy hosts + stars, (same size of paper box, ~same weight), shipping fee in Jaxman store will be greater.
If you buy grey+black hosts, shipping fee in Jaxman store will be greater, than for 2 black hosts.

JAXMAN, please fix this issue with shipping prices.

I’ve decided to wait. My $44 order has $10 in shipping.

Whoever sets the price…. it does pretty much stink.
In some instances for small items, the shipping is actually more than the item. :person_facepalming: …. Which I could understand IF the order was just for that small item.

BUT…… When the small item or items are added to say…… a light. They add very, very little weight. A teenie, tiny, tinier amount of weight. :smiley: …… BUT yet it sends the sbipping pretty darn high. :frowning:

Then if you order a bunch of small things shipping gets semi_reasonable for that one item. For instance….

This Dummy Cell costs $1.51 each.

• It costs $2.48 to ship one.
  • It costs $4.29 to ship ten
    ——

This BatterySeriesConnector costs $1.05.
Shipping is……

• 01 for $3.01
  • 10 for $3.61
  • 20 for $4.44
  • 30 for $5.20
    ………

BUT…. put the above two items togetber & it is crazy again.

All this to say as far as I am concerned… the shipping is somewhat messed up.
There could be a better way. No griping or whining…. just stating a fact. :slight_smile:

What I can tell is that when adding items in jaxman store, the individualized shipping costs are pretty much just added together for the final shipping cost. There is something of a little discount in the final price (don’t know how it’s calculated), but it’s not enough to make me order.
With one 18500 cell, shipping would have been over $26! Like you said above, ordering multiple things makes the shipping far too high, at least in my opinion.

I agree, the sipping costs don’t make sense.
Very discouraging.

The lights themselves aren’t really cheap either, if you don’t mind me saying so.
I mean, lets compare the E2L host with a Convoy S3 host.
What is the difference really?
Same number of parts, actually less parts in the E2L host because there’s no optics included.
Same kind of parts, including the stainless steel bezel.
I think the quality is similar too.
…or am i missing something…?

None the less, the E2L in gray (both light and dark) are very attractive somehow. :+1:

I have a message to Jaxman; we will see if they can adjust the shipping in the AliExpress store.

Yeah, I’d say you got it pretty close to right. If you order 2 of the same light there is a small shipping price break on the 2nd one.

But, if you order say an M8 & E2L; even though they are basically the same size: there is no price break for shipping on either light.

And then if you order a few small price items that are also small in size & weight the shipping goes through the roof. Seems to me anyway.

Agreed. :+1:
And for what it’s worth… I don’t one bit you saying it. :smiley: . I think your right on target. especially when we consider the other things discussed about multiple lights &/or small items. :slight_smile:

Good, thanks for trying. :slight_smile:
Keep us posted… as I’m sure you will. :slight_smile: . :+1:

IF…. anyone can decipher the following …. it “might” be the answer to the small item additions to an order.
Please note that I said “might”… cause it is just a hopefull guess. :wink:

US $0.10

Extra Fee,little quantity order

In fact I “”think”” I just found a FREE SHIPPING option for “small” items.

Again…. “”think”“ is the key word… :question:
I just stumbled on it and to say it is “confusing to me” is an understatement. :person_facepalming:
:slight_smile:

They did make a slight adjustment to the shipping fees in their store, but it still wasn’t much. I just sent them a message and they said they’d try to adjust it on the backend.

Hey, i received a dark grey host today ! :+1:

I have to say, it’s very nice.
I think the price is justified, because it’s just a little higher quality machining and anodizing than Convoy.

Noctigon triple board doesn’t fit though, but nothing we can’t solve.

/\\\\\\\\\

Great… looking forward to seeing the finished product Jerommel. :+1:

Did they make the wire hole bigger? Is it available with an 18350 body or only 18500?

My 18350 and 18500 body tubes arrived today. :sunglasses:

What colour?

The 18350 tube is black. The 18500 tube is dark grey.

I ordered multiple copies of each tube. I only checked one sample from each box but I assume all the tubes of each type are the same.

I’m quite happy with how these 18500 tubes look. While not an exact match, the grey is still close enough to the grey from my E2L host.

While battery capacity is less, I do find that the light with 18500 tube is much more pocketable than with the 18650 tube. With the 18500 tube installed the entire light is 98 mm long. Still not tiny, but much better than before.

Here’s some pictures of mine:

The above light includes the following:

• Triple XPL HI on copper Noctigon (4000K 5A2 tint)
  • DrJones H17F driver
  • Lighted tailcap (BLF A6 lighted switch assembly resistor modded for more brightness)

While small enough for EDC, this definitely isn’t the most compact light out there. A DQG 18650 is smaller and uses a bigger battery. My modded Convoy S2+ with metal tailcap is only slightly larger and also uses a larger battery. So why use this light instead of something more compact? … brightness!

With the DQG or the S2, the head gets burning hot extremely quickly. Those lights have no heatsinking. In contrast the E2L’s head has the deepest fins on a tube-type light coupled with a very thick shelf. My Convoy S2’ head gets blisteringly hot so quickly, I had to cap the output at 3 amps even with a temp sensor on the driver.

Using the same driver in the E2L and an IMR 18500 instead of an 18650, I can set the driver to run the light at 100% FET output. The head will still get very hot … too hot to hold, though not enough to cause injury. The light can be comfortably operated like that by holding it by the body tube and tail.

Incidentally, the 18500 tube leaves quite a bit of excess room inside the battery compartment. Mine has about 4mm of empty space in it even with the battery installed. I might try filing down the head and top of the tube to eliminate this empty space and make a more compact light.

Nice job Firelight2, say can you tell me, with the D.J. H17F, did you have to use a bleeder resistor for the switch?
I read somewhere that it already bleed enough for the stock LED switches that the bleeder wasn’t needed, wondering if perhaps that was wrong…?
I’ve got 4 lights with the H17F’s and love that driver for sure, good choice for these lights. Thanks