✌ JETBeam EC26 4*CREE XP-L HI 3600lm EDC 18650 Flashlight Group Buy - ALIVE! @$39.95

That’s unfortunate. I have only owned one jet beam and it was years ago . And the reason I didn’t buy anymore was the cheap feel of the switch. Too bad they haven’t addressed the cheap switch feel over all these years.

Too soft? Anyone feedback from other buyers?

the rubber covering the actual switch is somehow flimsy, distinctively thinner compared to those of other brands’

Can someone please try version check via 15C and tell us which firmware is used?

Mine is on delivery today, so I will try to answer that later today.

I am curious too.

First impressions:

Version check: 2020-03-18

Come with a Jetbeam JL260 18650 2600mAh battery
The LEDs should be around 5000k not the worst tint.
Have Pogo programmer pins not the same as the Emisar, but they have labels(R S + I O -) the harder part will be to figure out which one are MISO and MOSI!
Didn’t check yet if I can unscrew the bezel.

Interested. Can I have the code please?

Same version in mine. So Anduril 1. They probably used the file for D4v2.

The LEDs are definitely CW. They look like the typical 6500k.

MISO is input, and MOSI output. So I and O probably stand for Input and Output.
So the order from left looks like RESET, SCK, +, MISO, MOSI, -. I haven’t checked yet.

Bezel is easy to unscrew. There is no glue.

And yes. The quality of the button leaves much to be desired. Some ultra-budget flashlights have better ones.

The 23mm Noctigon doesn’t seem to fit. The screws spacing on the EC26 is slightly larger.

I think they used the 10621 optic (which gives a more focused light than 10622), but so far I have no way to confirm this.

As far as I can tell, Jetbeam is not following the license. Their product page even appears to claim to have a patent on the thermal regulation, which is clearly false since they apparently just used a stock binary. Wouldn’t be surprised if Jetbeam just copied the ROM and the circuitry directly from an Emisar D4v2.

I tried to contact Jetbeam about this a couple weeks ago, and haven’t gotten a reply. Anyone know how to get in touch to help them fix their license violation?

Yes you are right of course it’s O output and I input :person_facepalming:

Regarding the LEDs I compared mine with a 5700k 219b and it seems a bit warmer but could be my eyes fooling me.

Also confirm that the button is not the best.

BTW had to reprogram the floor on mine, didn’t turn on until N=4

Do these lights have the 5 click option to set the turn-on brightness?

Interested code please

Sent.

I received my order of the Jetbeam EC26, thanks freeme!

Some things I noted:

- as mentioned by others, the button feels slightly 'mushy' to press, I would expect Jetbeam to use a better quality button

- Anduril version is 2020-03-18

- the light seems to arrive temperature-calibrated (most Anduril flashlights I receive from shipping condition has their temperature significantly wrong compared to the ambient temperature here, but in this case, it seems to match fairly close, although this could just be my unit is lucky); I did a factory reset and adjusted the temperature threshold though

- this flashlight has (color-changing) aux-LEDs like the ones on the Emisar D4v2 (the product description does not seem to mention that this light has aux-LEDs at all), so it was a surprise to me that it has aux-LEDs

- included battery is 2600mAh, I haven't tested capacity yet

- color temperature appears to be cool-white (pic below compared to a D4v2 with XPL-Hi 5000k, sorry the pic doesn't show the color temperature that clearly, but definitely cool-white)

- appears to be the same Carclo optic as used on D4v2 (although I'm as yet unable to differentiate if it's a more focused optic, like the above mentioned)

- by default (and also after factory reset), the lowest brightness level = there is no light at all coming from the LEDs ; from other similar Anduril issues, I understand this means the "ramp floor" setting needs to be raised higher. I first tested 1, 2, 3 and 4 clicks for "ramp floor" setting (in smooth ramping mode), there is no light at all. I had to set to "5" clicks for "ramp floor" (smooth ramping mode) to have a visible moon light mode.

- at lowest brightness levels, when I compare the brightness ramping of the EC26 vs D4v2, I notice that with the D4v2, the brightness ramping is very smooth, whereas on the EC26, it seems the ramping steps (in smooth ramping mode) seems to have a bit less resolution in the tiny steps; this is only based on visual observation, so it may not be 100% correct though.. but in case anyone also notices this behavior on their EC26...)

Does this mean some part used is not as good, which is why it needs at least "5" clicks for ramp floor to have a visible light?

(I have tested another Anduril flashlight, and that light flickered at first, when set to lowest smooth ramping level, for that other flashlight, t appears level 1 & 2 will cause flickering or no light, but starting with 3 clicks, that other light works. But for this EC26, there's no flickering I can see in ramp floor levels 1-4, just no light at all)

Seems there’s report on the button? Is the rubber as thick as the Lumintop EDC18 ones?

It’s hard to tell how thick the button is without removing it.

However, the button feels thin. When depressing it, I can feel the piston of the switch mechanism pressing through the center of the boot. It doesn’t depress uniformly like just about every other rubber button I’ve tried.

The button works fine and does not feel mushy to me. But pressing it gives the impression the button boot is unusually thin. I’m not sure how long it will last.

Looks like their factory-sourced rubber boot is quite thin. Looks like the user has to get use to it. Opposite of the Lumintop ones as those are quite thick indeed.

I think i know how it feels. My Niwalker also has a thin rubbery button too. You can get up to 2mm of travel if you rock it from left to right.

Ordered. Thanks freeme.