KEYGOS CREE XM-LT6

It wasn’t meant as an insult, it’s just that on eBay they assume buyers are not flashoholics and do not give you reviews of the light or much technical information. It’s a clone, probably of an Ultrafire U80, and I’d like to know what they powered it with. It would be nice if someone had both and they could compare them.

It was mentioned in another thread, where someone checked the draw, and it was 2.5A.

Can you guys twist out the host part which houses the pill portion? That part with the 3 heat fins between the head and the battery tube? Take a picture of the pill, the U80 pill is white in colour. If it is the same, then this light probably can take a lot of abuse. You know how i abused mine to dent concrete....well the glass shattered but i have 10 replacement lenses bought from DX at only $2.80 i think.

In fact, the U80 can be used as a flood light by twisting out the reflector a bit though the donut hole is going to be very dark, and also used as a pure naked flood with the XM-L exposed, like a candle 120 deg spherical candle.

Actually it was post #12 on this very same thread.

My Keygos definitely has mode memory.

2100 you have many flashlights i guess

maybe you know if there is an extension tube that fits keygos or x9?

Nope, all the extension tubes are pretty different. More often than not, they can't lego together.

I thought it only fair to say that the Keygos does have more spill than some of your good thrower lights. That's where you lose some of your beam at farther distances. But up close this light is brighter than most one cell lights. You take a reflector off the Skyline I and make it fit on this light and it would be a great thrower since the beam would be more concentrated. I think some of the best thrower lights are XM-L lights. Look at the Catapult V3 or the Eagletac M3C4 XM-L. Both are some of the better throwers out there in their class. Watch the videos.

http://goinggear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_35&products_id=500

http://goinggear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_234&products_id=2965

I just received the light today. All I could say is its smaller than I expected it to be. It's a plus for me as I wanted it to be lightweight. I was expecting the Keygos all week and when a package arrived, I thought It's not the keygos, maybe the L2M or 18700 batteries, when I opened the box I was shocked, the pictures makes it bigger in real life. I'm a happy camper.

Can you post some pictures and beamshots? Congrats.

Here's a size comparison pics.

X9, RQ xml, Keygos KE05

Thank you Ian, indeed smaller than I tought too, I bought 2 from Ebay. Love the beamshoot.

My Keygos just survived an accidental 4feet drop to a solid marble floor. I thought it is totally dead and glass will be shattered. good thing it has steel bezel and survive with a small scratch. I then tested its waterproofing with a 15 minute dunk test in a 2 feet water container with running water. I think its water proofing is excellent and no doubt it will survive a few meters underwater.

I just received my XTAR batteries and will test later.

Anyone know how this KE5 compares to the KD C8? Both around $25.00 ($29.00 BIN for Keygos). And both seem to be about the same size with the Keygos being 2cm longer.

I would also like to know as been considering getting the ultrafire c8 warm.

I can't see your pics. Are they still up?

Recently I have acquired both of them - KD C8 and Keygos KE5 and I must say that I like the C8 better:

• the beam of KE5 is quite ringy
  • the hotspot is tighter, but there is "secondary hotspot"
  • spill is smaller than C8`s and very ringy at the edges of spill
  • tint is cooler than C8 and looks a little bit blue`ish
  • KE5 has smooth, but C8 - orange peel reflector

Good thing about C8 is that it heats up much faster than C8 due to thinner material. While writing I wanted to check that again and to my surprise - KE5 didn`t heat up! Unscrewed the pill and... the driver has unglued from the base and makes no contact to transfer the heat!!! The pill in C8 is screw-in type, but in KE5 it is glued and that is much worse.

Go for C8 - it will not disappoint!

I was planning on doing comparison beamshots next week when I`ll be in the countryside and will have received Manafont`s WF-502B XML

Maybe there are difference between batches of the KE05, I did not took it apart to look inside but mine heats up after a few minutes on high, the whole body becomes really warm. I agree tint is cooler than my X9 and looks a little bit blueish and other than that I love mine despite having the so called secondary hotspot, I find it useful being able to lighten up a larger area and still have the long throw.

I´m still waiting mine to arrive. I have a KD C8, Trustfire 3X XM-L and Manafont 3 mode XM-L Drop-in so I´ll compare.

Great your light survives the fall Ian.

Yea I have discovered after running mine about 10 min it gets hot.

Surviving the first fall indicates the light is ready for abuse.