Low-cost copper pills, spacers, optics, drop-ins (Updated 23/10/2022))

From Russia with (LOTS) of Love… :heart_eyes:

I’ve built a quad X5 out of these parts before and they fit perfectly…even with the lens installed. Got three more today…now to order the hosts.

Outer diameter is 21.7 mm, pitch is 1.25 mm.

Fast shipping from kiriba-ru Thanks!!! Sry for the late post.

For my next build Triple CREE XP-G3 R3 4500K 90+ CRI from mtnelectronics.

Items received. Thanks for the fast shipping.

I’ll take a C8 kit and 2 P60 Triple Optic rings!

XHP leds much cheaper than anywhere else: Offer expired

How much is shipping for 3x S2+ pills to US, zip code 10002? Thanks.

What about the following order? Thanks!

3x S2+ Copper Pills
4x S2+ Al Spacers
2x X5 Copper spacer + brass pill

OP updated, parts are divided to restockable and non-restockable.
Still have one C8 sample in Cu. Some of members dont like X6 Cu spacer because it is too heavy (49 gramms). C8 Cu weights 113 gramms. Not sure that it is usefull with this weight.
Also have met problems with o-ring dimentions. I have designed C8 liner to fit 35*37mm gitd o-rings from fasttech, but when they arrived I ve realized that they are few mm bigger than listed. Waiting feedbacks from first builders - is liner necessary parts, is it necessary to add o-ring and maybe anyone have source with true sizes o-rings.

Received my order today. Very well packaged!

Unfortunately it would seem that I managed to knick the driver retaining ring threads, so now the retaining ring is stuck :frowning:

The ring screwed in fine for a little test-fit. Attempting to remove the ring was unsuccesful, and is now thoroughly stuck. As the ring screwed in fine, I must have damaged the threads when I was fiddling with it.

I am looking for a solution. If the threads are knicked then I don’t think I have the tools to refurbish the threads. I think the most possible solution for me is to attempt to drill the retaining ring out. And the I would have to solder the driver in place instead of using a retaining ring.

I am a bit sad, but it would appear to be my own fault.

Try to return it that way when ring is down. Bump it a little on table, and try to unscrew in same position without applying force up (let the ring fall down from its weight, together with screwing it should find its thread beginning). Copper is soft, threads are small and can be broken, but I think that youve just screw it down too deep. If it wont work anyway, you can try to cut the ring with dremel-type tool and try to assemble it right way (with driver under ring) together with ring from other convoy pill.

Thanks Kiriba-ru. I think it was because my grip slipped when screwing it, that my pliers damaged the threads a bit. The ring is in the threads I am sure of that. I am attempting to drill the retaining ring out now. Hopefully another retaining ring will be able to screw into the threads.

A little bit of penetrating oil on the threads and work the retainer backwards and forwards steadily. It may come out.

you guys are brilliant. A bit of drilling the retaining ring to allow better grip + a bit of WD40 and some good brute force and it threaded out nicely… A bit tough to do, takes a good amount of force. But definitely possible.

Thanks!!!

Well done. :+1:

Such rings can be bought on fasttech, if it was drilled to hard. I used them for S2+ Hosts where the driver was soldered.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1616/10007134/1583600-brass-driver-pill-adapter-for-led-flashlight-diy

Got a lumintop prince and decided to mod it with your single s2+ copper pill.

I have not bypass the tailcap spring yet.i am afraid i might damage the switch. Don’t know what switch it uses. Trying to find a thinner washer to see if it works with omten 1288.

Here are some pics of the AA Minimag pill I got from VOB a while back.
Awg 26 Teflon fits easily enough. Plenty of depth for a tinyXX DD driver. But not enough for the stacked boards of a tank007.

Some size specs:

OAL 11.05 mm
Length of widest part 6.1 mm
Length of threads 5.04 mm
OD 14.21 mm
ID 12.9 mm
Inside depth 4.27 mm
Thread OD 10 mm
Thread pitch ~3/8 x 24(tested with tap)
Collar thickness 3.95 mm
Wire hole ID 1.8 mm
Wire hole centers +/- 4.5 mm(9 mm oc), collar threads eat up almost half the wire space.

It fits 10 mm sinkpads as is or 16 mm sinkpads with the slots filed deeper and the OD trimmed ~1 mm. No modding of the host is needed if a 2O mm OD x 13.1 mm L reflector is used. Would not work with a triple mcpcb.

Hi,

I’m interested in 1 Copper spacer for Carclo triple Convoy S2+/S3*/EagleEye X2/BLF A6/Astrolux S1.

I live in Spain, How much would it cost?

My plan is to build a low amp (1.4 A or something I could leave it on and not to burn my hands) triple nichia 219c with this triple board and optics from kaidomain http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S026302.Triple-Nichia-219C-Neutral-White-4000K-CRI92-LED-Emitter-with-20mm-x-1mm-DTP-Copper-MCPCB-w-optics

I know is better noctigon (1.5 mm > 1 mm) and Carclo optics, but it will be my first triple and I want to keep it as cheap as possible.

Thanks.

Rufusbduck, what is the reason of threaded ring? Is it needed to save stock focus-adjust system?
P.S. 20x13.1mm, good size, same to Convoy short reflectors? I like this idea even more that 20mm carclo single tir. I always wanted to make garbage-less sets, when you mod one light, have some free spare parts from its stock, then use them in other light and etc. I think most of us have lots of spare convoy reflectors.