Low-cost copper pills, spacers, optics, drop-ins (Updated 23/10/2022))

And one more improvement.
New P60 shells and S2+ pills will have custom extended height and ID retaining rings with milled slots (same to those one that are shown several posts above together with Mag D kit). This tiny things take lots of machining time, but I think this is necessary upgrade, now there will be no need in filing and sanding OD to fit two-side driver, slots for screwing will work as they should (previous ring from fasttech had small centering holes that usually were far away from 180 degree orientation to each other), also I hope that problems with unsrewing this rings (once was mentioned in this thread) will totally dissapear due better threads quality and extended ring height.
Based on written above, I have set discount price for old P60 shells and S2+ pills. New impoved parts will be available in september for normal price.

So your s2 pills and retaining rings work with 2 sided drivers?

Will work. Yes.

New P60 quad shells:

-cnc made, all are same size (21.90mm)
-still fit triple liner or optics encloser kit
-top can fit boards up to 21mm
-new extended height retaining ring with milled grooves
/Im not sure how do shells with new rings fit unbored cr* hosts, in my suppose 18mm ring can stick out from shell for ~1mm and this part of ring can easily fit inside battery tube.

Recieved the Mag D kit last night. Fitment of the pill is very nice, drops right in without force but does not rattle. Plan to build everything up this weekend and will post pictures. Only thing I’m not sure exactly how I will do it yet is the switch and ground connections.

Like this: My first Maglite mod!! 4x XM-L2 & Zener modded BLFDD . *DONE!* - #19 by will34

You need a special driver to take the switch out, then just solder the ground to the nut that holds that screw. The positive is very easy you’ll see when you get there :slight_smile:

I wish I had this pill back then, it’s designed to be serviceable unlike the one piece pills.

This drop-ins were made after several request for Mag D sets made to work with single leds. I havent got enough replies with proper dimensions (dont own this host), and also couldnt choose one led that will be mostly used - thats why drop-in has adjustable pill. If multi-led mag D will be popular option, I will think about different pill design (with same drop-in design).

Finished the build using the Mag D prototype and I am very impressed. The fitment of the kit is very good, and allows for single LED conversion using a stock switch assembly (with slight modification), and stock reflector. The extended height 17mm retaining rings are really nice to use also, and very thin for tightly packed 2 sided drivers to work.

My build is very simple, SST-40 on 16mm noctigon, and a Kaidomain CF FX-17A driver. I don’t plan to leave this driver in it, but the LD-40 I want to put in hasn’t arrived yet.

Switch assembly was modified by chopping the bulb holder section off using a hack saw, then using super-glue to hold the positive button in its pocket. Then I just soldered wires to the button and to the negative strip that comes off the retaining nut, then I soldered those wires to my driver.

The reflector was modified by using the saw to remove most of the stem, then sand paper to get the bottom flat again. Then I used a hobby knife to carefully open the hole up a little bit so the 16mm MCPCB and copper pillar could fit.

The beam using the stock reflector is very good, and I set my adjustable pillar slightly high, so that by unscrewing the head I can adjust my beam from spot to flood, just like a normal maglite. I added a bit of thermal paste to the copper threads and that seems to hold it stiff enough so the pillar doesn’t move.

Here are some photos. Please forgive the poor state of my lens and the dirty reflector. My host is one of the first camo 3D mags they made, from the early 2000s.

Got my package in today (just 2 weeks to California this time), thanks for the great prices and product.

Got my package awhile ago. I spaced on leaning a comment. It was fast and all items work better than I imagined. Thank you for such great service.

Got my package last week or something, very well packaged and looking great.

Who wants Jaxman M8 (C8 mini) quad kit? With full height pill and driver retaining.

Yeah, i want one :wink: :+1:

I’d definitely buy one :smiley:

I would maybe buy one, but if you make a M8 single emitter copper pill with a driver retaining ring I will buy two :smiley:

last order arrived fast and without damage
All looks good, Thanks

Which quad optics for the M8 kit?

Only carclo quad.

Darn, your M1 kit has me hooked on the khatod quad optics. I don’t have an M8 currently though so wasn’t sure if it would even fit the larger optics.

It would, but Khatod is hard to get for non-NA members.
Bezel hole is 29mm, it could probably fit some bigger optics if it was available on market.