[M4D deal ALIVE]: Astrolux S43S really US$ 27.00 + review video + pics + LEGO

Thanks, I missed it somehow. Ordered!

:beer:

will mine Panasonic NCR 18650B fresh new do the same service as the Samsung INR30? i mean the brightness….

Are you asking if the Panny B will produce the same brightness as the Samsung 30Q? It wont. The Panny B is an old model battery (2012). It has a lot of voltage sag and is rated at 4.8A continuous. The 30Q is newer (2014) and is rated at 15A continuous. You will get much brighter turbo from the 30Q.

Order Status:Shipped

Shipped
Nov/18/2018 03:55:13 :slight_smile:

Then there is a long wait of more than two weeks… although there are only a few hours of voyage.

2018/11/29 Receive parcel in the morning :heart_eyes:

Don’t hold your breathe waiting. My order showed “shipped” on Nov 4. The last tracking update showed “preparing shipment” and that was 8 days ago.

Mine just made it in time for the holidays

Pic isn’t showing up but what else is new

Sometimes they give you a bad link address.

Hey thanks lol

Do your batteries make contact to the head? I’m not sure if button top is necessary, but it might. If the battery positive is slightly recessed it may not touch.

Is the battery tube and tail cap screwed down well?

You might try flipping the battery tube around.

I don’t have my version yet so these are all just generic things you can try.

If you don’t get the 2 blinks when screwing the tail cap on then your not getting power to the driver.

Spot on! I don’t have a button top battery, but I have a shorter 18650 tube and it worked like a charm! Thanks a lot!

Just got my S43S today, post on it in maukka's review thread here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/53823/28.

I measured a 30% increase if you remove the bezel and lens. Seems like mainly it's the bezel blocking output - those non-standard optics go right to the edge, and the bezel overlaps the edge resulting in lost lumens, least that's my best guess at what's going on, and why these lights - S42 and S43S are lower in output than expected.

The optics are 22.1 mm in diameter while the Carclo ones are 24 mm, and the MCPCB's are different as well from standard quads like Noctigons, MtnE, etc. that match up with the Carclo. The S43S LED's are actually closer while the optic LED cups are wider.

Yeah, it’s weird. I wish they’d used a standard MCPCB and optic. Then, at least we’d have the option of fixing their design failure. :person_facepalming:

EDIT: Also, wanted to express confusion about my shipping. The Banggood site doesn’t offer to track my light, but gives me a tracking number I can use with USPS. The Banggood Order Details page also says it shipped from China. But, when I plug the tracking number into USPS.com I get a weird progression. It originated, not in China, but in Salt Lake City, Utah. It is bouncing across states, and has yet to reach USPS, because at each state it is scanned at “a shipping partner facility” instead. Has anybody else seen this happen with a Banggood shipment?

My light came yesterday while I was at work. I’ve got it on my side now, with the included clip. I think it’s my new favorite stock light (that I own).

How sensitive is the button to accidentally turning it on in pocket or pack?
(assuming someone foolishly didn’t lock it out at the tailcap)

Cool! It's a heavy carry. I'm thinking more now that the looks may out-weigh the negatives of the optics/bezel deal. I did some re-testing and maybe the loss's are less than what I first measured - might be ~20% or so, not 30%. I'm using mine on only one optic leg - ordered replacement optics from BG.

Now this is what the S42S should have been!
I have an S41S also to lego.
The pitiful spring in the Pickelhaube needs to be replaced by the double one in the current S43S tailcap.

Well, the side E-switch isn’t difficult to press accidentally, since it sticks out just a little from the body of the light. I’ve already bumped it on a couple times while wearing it on my side today.

Hey Tom E, does NarsilM have electronic lockout available? I can’t remember.

Sure, 4 quick clicks. dbl click is strobe, triple click is batt status, etc. Unless someone (TA?) changed it for this light.