Mod: Convoy L4, a good mod host? Is it even necessary to mod?

I got my L4 last week from Simon Mao at Aliexpress and mine does not have those issues. I love that I can tap the tailswitch and it always turns on in the mode I left it in, regardless of how long it was on or off. I don’t see any flash or delay.

+1

I have chat with Simon on trade manager and it seems that $24.7 is the best price for now regardless of how many units we order. $2 off when above 50 and $5 off when above 100. Well, I was expecting like what DayLighter expectations of near $20 when we have the volume. Would thread starter able to get a better price for us instead?

I believed most of us here will order minimum one or more if the deal is good, personally I’m in for another one or two edc but will see how it goes. :~

The flash from high to low is certainly not very noticeable, and the delay in output is maybe 100 ms at most. Maybe I just had bad luck with mine.

Which is brighter? The L4 or the XINTD X3?

Its strange that the ct9s never got any exposure. Looks like it is has disappeared from wallbuys. I did see a new ct9t. Im not very comfortable with the charging in the light

Still can’t figure out why a different light is being pushed in the Convoy L4 thread.

sorry… I was just trying to show other alternative light that as good as L4, but I guess it get carried away
I should have just open a new thread for it :bigsmile:
if you want me to delete my comments… just let me know 0:)

Does give some perspective…

Im not really into the mentioned warsun light.. Larger and less spill.. not my preference.. L4 looks better IMO and I have a feeling its slightly better built too..

When On The Road X6M comes out I plan to do a proper in depth review. Hopefully it will be Convoy L4s larger, beefier and even more sophisticated big brother (but at a much higher price). More talk about that light in a more suitable thread in the future..

ABOUT A POTENTIAL GROUP BUY FROM WALLBUYS..

I sent an e-mail to WB yesterday. Here are the two answers I got ( first is slightly shortened down)

"We have contacted to the supplier in details and we made a decision of group buy event once we confirm the stock.

We will give you a response asap."

"Hi, again
So sorry we can't hold the group buy event due the some price protection from supplier. It is the lowest price we could offer and we really earn nothing but your satisfaction on wallbuys. We will add some new flashlights in our store and hope you will keep close attention to our store . Have a nice day and feel free to reach us if you have any problem or suggestion ! Best Regards, Eleven"
So, there will be no special group buy from Wallbuys.. And they seem to be out of stock now too..
If anyone have a 5$ off on orders above 25$ Aliexpress coupon code or something like that, feel free to post it here or in a deal alert thread. Probably just as good as a Group Buy price.

The WB page for this light mentions a stepdown to 70% after 5 minutes. Is this true?

Good news. Wallbuys will restock (if they dont have a few left).. Stock now says a lot (1000)

New coupon codes:

WALLBUYSFANTASY - Gives you 10% off

WALLBUYSTOOGOODTOBETRUE - Gives you 30% off on Convoy L4!

With the 2nd coupon code, Convoy L4 will be down to 20$!! Its only available to the first few people who use it, so be quick. Sorry to all those who sees this too late, but its the closest thing I got to a Group Buy. Needless to say, I ordered a light. :)

It’s not working for me.

Just keeps saying “without coupon code”

[quote=Rusty Joe] Just keeps saying "without coupon code" [/quote]

Hmm... You sure?

Try this:

WALLBUYSFOOLMETWICE - 30% off..

I put this in the “Apply Coupon” box and click “add to cart” and it says same as before: “without coupon code.”

Hmm.. Try this then:

WALLBUYS1STOFAPRILFOOL - 30% off..

Same result.

BWAHAHAHA....

Read the Coupon codes btw..