MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

My mod 1 looks exactly the same. I love this UI. Of all my single switch lights, this is by far the best UI.

I’ll get my ordered mod 1 as well. If I mod it will be how to do 3 on Notigons down the road. :slight_smile:

Hey guys, finally got the SRK 7135 driver up on the website. I tried to keep the price as fair as possible, but it does take me a bit of time to build, test, and troubleshoot these boards. Also, I have made some bare PCBs available at about 50% the cost of buying the boards in smaller runs direct.

Here's what is currently available:

Here's what will be available by the end of the week (bare and pre-built):

• 15mm FET driver (BLF15DD)
  • 20mm FET driver (BLF20DD)
  • 46mm FET driver (46mm FET driver) PCB.
  • 16mm 12x 7135 slave board
  • Momentary switch board (Helios' design)

More to come soon, I'm sure!

RMM, those prices look great. Nobody can argue that soldering 32x 7135’s should come at a lower price. :slight_smile:

YGPM

Well, presumably my Supfire M6 + DIY parts (Mod 1) will arrive tomorrow. :bigsmile: Instructions would be awesome!

I have 4 - L2 Skyray

This is configure 2 parallel circuits so can go series /parallel configured at driver board. Between the two 46mm boards; will 7135 or FET version be the better choice? 5.5 amps was the max in stock form with 2 of three channels driven. Also, to avoid possible bad imbalance, how hard would you guys suggest to run this using NOS 2.2 mAh Sony’s, for now, with stock Al MCPCB.

TIA

1. You will want to run all of the emitters in parallel.

2. The FET version will give you near direct drive performance, but copper MCPCBs are recommended and there is no regulation.

3. Either the 350mA or 380mA version (approx. 11A and 12A respectively) will be fine with an aluminum MCPCB, divided between four XM-L2s. You can run any cells you'd like without any issues.

Thanks Richard.

Give the poor guy who stuffs the boards a beer for me…when board ships….

cheers

ordered few 17mm drivers… thanks Richard!.. now I’m waiting for 20mm drivers :smiley:

Awesome… I think it’s finally about time for me to mod my SRK. That is, once I figure out how to disassemble the head and decide what kind of emitters I want to use.

I have an original cool-white 3*XM-L model from CNQG, before all the clones sprang up. I’m guessing I may need to upgrade to XM-L2 and add copper in order to avoid cooking itself on high.

Richard;

Your postage info needs updating in your initial thread post as your web site charged me $9.99 for normal shipping on my just placed order and listed $35 for priority mail if I had of selected it. Thus my remark regarding postage in the order comments box. Both a LOT more than the charges you have listed in this thread. I purchased almost $200 worth of items, two lights and eight 18650 batteries.

Richard,

My first led flashlight was a WF-502B. I have purchased other models since then, but after giving my 502 to my son, I miss it. I was considering your host WF-502B with a P60 SMO dropin, XP-G2 on Noctigon, with the Qlite 3.04A star driver. I know the 502 P60 dropin is not a thrower per say but I was thinking the SMO reflector plus XP-G2 would be in the right direction. So questions: 1. Is the hole in the SMO P60 reflector too big for the XP-G2, and if so do you have spacer? 2. Is 3.04A too much for the Xp-G2? 3. Which XP-G2 is closest to neutral white? 4. Should I forget the XP-G2 and go with the XM-L2?

Thanks,
Archie

I’m guessing the extra shipping charges are for multiple packages? 2 M6’s and 8 batteries and whatever else is going to be very heavy and take up quite a lot of real estate.

Could be but in that case the first post from Richard in this thread should not list $5.35 as the maximum postage charge, and that for Priority Mail. IMO there is a HUGE difference between the listed maximum and what his web site told me would be the Priority Mail charge for my order. Also in the notes area for my order I told Richard that he could hold shipment till everything could ship in one shipment. Trying to save everyone shipping charges. The listed priority mail charge is MUCH higher than the flat rate Priority Mail box cost for one large enough to hold everything I ordered. Nevada is not an overseas destination or even outside ConUS after all. :open_mouth:

Hi, you are getting Priority Mail envelope at the $9.99 price, the $35 option is for a Priority Mail Box. Pretty much everything over 13 ounces goes Priority Mail, which is why the rate flatlines at $5.35 for envelope shipping until it hits the padded rate of $5.99. The two M6s you ordered, combined with eight cells will require two envelopes, and I will actually pay more than $9.99 to ship it all.

The Priority Mail box is set for the "worst case" scenario, and I end up refunding shipping costs if they are significantly less than what you paid. There are some items that when bought in combination are light in weight, but very bulky. In your case, it would have all fit into a medium flat rate box and I would have refunded about $23.

I hope that clears up your concerns.

Archie, I haven't had great luck with the XP-G2 and SMO P60s. I do have a spacer. You can get a decent hotspot, but the beam is always a bit ringy no matter how deep or far I try and move the reflector. Not a show stopper, but something to be aware of. 3.04A is just fine for an XP-G2 on copper. I would say that the 3C is the closest to neutral white. If you're not too concerned with losing a little throw, I'd go for the XM-L2 in a P60 and bask in the beautiful beam! 2C or 3C is pretty neutral in the XM-L2.

Richard;

Thanks for the clarification but IMO your postage info in the first post in this thread could be clearer in order to avoid confusion such as mine. I tend to be very much a literalist and hate it when a web site tosses me a unexplained curve ball. As a DOM I do not need surprises like that. :exmark:

When we order bulky items and heavy items, such as big lights in multiples and 8 18650’s, the sheer size and weight are going to be a factor. This is almost always a known entity and you will get hit for that anywhere you shop. We expect it when getting such bulky heavy items. As has been said, even a medium flat rate box is $12.35. If you find a quoted shipping rate higher than expected, don’t continue with the order and ask questions to avoid any discrepancy and surprises. (For the record, if you try and order an M6 direct from SupFire they will charge $30 shipping and $30 for the light itself, so you’ll pay $60 for the M6 and wait weeks to get it. The tail cap will be glued and it might be very difficult to do spring bypasses. Difficult meaning from hard to next-to-impossible.)

Perhaps if you have issues, personal messaging is the best place to handle it, not out in the open forum. But I guess being a noob you might not know that. Please, in the future, keep private issues private. Otherwise it just looks like you’re whining. Not trying to be a pita, just offering a more plausible way to handle issues. You will find that Richard is one of the most honest and honorable people to do business with in the business world. He won’t intentionally do anything to get over on you, and if he sees an error he will correct it, I can personally vouch for him on that.

Enjoy your lights! I know I love the heck outta mine!

Rich, you're right, the initial post in this thread was incorrect (out of date.) I have now updated it. Thanks.

20mm FET and SRK FET drivers available!