MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

i dont remember what size it is - I believe I bought it from Ios…. have to measure later

Ohh - FFL is the only one who sells UCL's - if it's from Hank at IOS, it's an AR lens, then probably the same I got - 37 mm. I got only a small bump from the IOS AR's - not so good, UCL's are much better. Just got 5.4% bump in a L6 on a UCL, and 1.5% bump on the 37 mm IOS AR lens.

Edit: Ok -- Chris from FFL just emailed the new sizes of UCLp's of 36.0 mm and 37.0 mm are now listed up on FlashlightLens.com (http://www.flashlightlens.com/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=UCLp_AR) !! I'm getting my order in today, but not sure which size will fit the L5 best, but I need them for other lights anyway (UniqueFire M6 is 36 and F13's are 37).

It is 17mm but I think that a 105C would be a pain to fit in there because of the retaining ring. It's the same problem as the HD 2010. I had to move the capacitor and diode to get it to fit with the FET driver. There is plenty of depth so I may try and just add some depth to the pill ledge so that the driver can sit deeper.

I suspect that the 26650 is actually a rewrapped King Kong, but I'm not sure yet. I'm going to rip the wrapper off of one to check it out and do some side-by-side tests. The charger seems like it is decent, I have a few cells charging on them right now. They charge at about 0.65A, so not rocket fast, but workable.

Unclear from the listing, at least to me. One photo shows a 18650 adapter sleeve included with the L5 light but such is not mentioned in your list of included items. Is the sleeve included or not?

It is included.

Richard;

Have you considered taking a look at the new third generation Mag Lites and seeing what you can do with them? Give you a new category of lights, NiMH battery lights. Old Lumens has a video review of them just posted and indicates he likes what he sees.

I looked at his video and honestly they are pretty nice for Alkaline/NiMH in factory form. They seem to be buck/boost and even have different mode groups! Pretty snazzy stuff.

Someone has to make parts for Richard to sell them, or figure out how to boost the maglite driver. At least let OL develop a formula for modding first. _

Maybe now there will be enough demand for Richard to start stocking NiMH cells. But then again he might not be able to compete enough with Battery Junction to make it worth his time.

IMO any one who tries to use them much with alkalines in high mode is going to be buying LOTS of batteries as the listed current draw will kill them quickly. I always figured that MagLite in the past kept the LED lights output way down due to wanting to preserve alkaline battery compatibility but the high mode on the new lights and Old Lumens current draws listed will make alkalines unhappy in short order I suspect.

That, plus the price difference, makes me suspect that the new lights will be an upgrade version rather than replace the older lines.

I kind of see the new third generation MagLites as replacements for the Fenix TK50 and TK60 D cell lights which are now out of production. I have one of each.

Ah cool, I'll just machine the ledge in the pocket further down then.

Not sure but isn’t that working backwards? If the driver sits deeper into the pill, the retaining ring just has to thread further in to contact it, and it Does need to touch it to make ground … right? So why not just machine the retaining ring to thin the contact point, so it only touches on the outer edge and clears the components on the driver? I always do that with a rotary tool, takes a few minutes.

That's one way to do it too. But if it's like the HD2010, the retaining ring barely catches any threads with a NANJG 105C, so I made it so that the driver sits deeper so that the ring can catch the same amount of threads as it does with the stock driver. The retaining ring doesn't need to ground it, it grounds on the shelf below.

Will the next batch of 17DD boards be V1.0? I’d really like to see that.

Edit: And restock on 25Rs?

What is the turbo timer for the mod 2 option of the L5 and L6?

I want to buy a replacement driver to go into the x6 and run a xpg2 at max. what driver from RMM?

Caleb, you’ll be wanting the BLF17DD from RMM. That will allow your XP-G2 to run at full potential and if de-domed, come close to 100Kcd in the X6. A UCLp AR coated lens gets it right there at that mark with the use of a top cell like the Sony V5.

L5 is 3 minutes; L6 is just over 2 minutes (that's the maximum allowed in the software). I'm actually considering not having one on the L6, since with a King Kong it seems to handle it fine but I am going to do some extended testing with a Purple Efest and some hot 18650s before deciding for sure.

I think Richard needs to commission a run of stickers/decals to add to the site.

“BLF” logo stickers in a couple sizes.

“Powered by MTN” with the url underneath

And kind of do what K&N do with their air filters, include one with each order over…$10 as well as making them available for sale. What would be really cool is if there was a medium he could get them in that would reasonably stay on a flashlight’s bezel for awhile.

Or an engraving service!

Got my L5 ordered! Thanks Richard and crew.

BTW, my Olight SR51 is rocking now with all those 7135’s from the STAR A.M.S. LED Driver!
I wish I had a way to measure throw, but 500 yards was no problem for the dedomed xm-l2 @ ~6 amps! I only wish the turbo timer was longer, the outside barely gets warm at the end of 60s! It also looks like the 2P VTC5’s are up for the job, after 6-8 turbo runs the battery is still showing 4.02 v. :smiley:

Oh, and the 2% off of the 2 7135’s work beautifully.

Awesome! Ordered a L5 with mod 2 option along with a 26650 battery. :bigsmile: Can’t wait to get it.