MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Same tint-shift thing in the 4500k 90cri XP-G3. Really a bummer

Is there any possibility for lower shipping costs on international orders? Paying 13 dollars for a 30 dollar order seems a bit… excessive to me. If not then I’ll bite the bullet, but it’s something to consider atleast.

A USPS first-class package to the Netherlands (the cheapest option) weighing 170g costs $13.50 to send. How is he supposed to reduce that for you? Absorb the cost himself?

“Would you like me to hold your order until one of your neighbors also places an order, to combine shipping?”
“How big is your country?”

That might work.

Richard, a battery question —

I have a youngish adult family member very active cycling and backpacking, who ought to begin using my “last year’s surplus” flashlights.

I was looking at LiFePO4 cells from Fasttech (Soshine, not the very old A123 cells they have cheap-no-promises)
But FT shipping now is $17 — FedEx only, for batteries.

Do you have any supplier for good LiFePO4 cells, or can you recommend one that’s affordable to a US address?

Failing that —

What’s your opinion about the safest Li-ion you sell these days? Not looking for the hottest thing, but for stability.

I don’t want to overcomplicate this to start with. I’m sending some LiitoKala 100 chargers along with a box of flashlights, making clear which ones have low voltage protection (probably all of them), and still hoping to send only protected cells.

This is for a smart youngster who will be careful. But, ya know, ya never know.

RMM, got to ask, would THESE be available at all, or were they a one off?

Would like at least one set myself, perhaps two.

Interesting, I will have to see what I can come up with.

Hi Richard, don’t know if this has answered before but does this driver

can handle 2s2p xmls, or i am going to need one driver for each pair of leds?
I want to build a TK75.

I bought a driver from MTN about a week ago, thought the shipping was expensive but the item i wanted wasnt available in china or the UK so bit the bullet.

Let me rephrase its not expensive its fair. But people are used to paying little for shipping (china etc free) & with the £ being weak at the moment it makes it even worse!

RMM, is it possible to get the guppydrv FW Upgrade on the Convoy M2, or is there something different with the driver between the M1 and M2 which is why you only offer it on the M1?

Yes, it's possible, I just haven't listed it as an option. If you're interested I'll get it listed tomorrow.

Free bump

I’m definitely interested. :sunglasses:

OK. Should be up now.

Ordered, along with some other stuff.

Hey Richard, do you ever mount attiny25’s on qlites?

It’d be great to have a linear driver with thermal regulation that’s available in some of the FET drivers. But when building lights like an S2 or S6 for everyday use, I don’t want a FET hotrod.

That's a good idea. I'll try and work up a Bistro build for the QLITE.

Richard, have you seen Biscotti, the Tiny13 version of Bistro? TK wrote it for Convoy. You could put that on a Qlite without having to change the MCU.

Hey Richard . It would be awesome if you could make this also public .

If I’m not mistaken, the attiny13 can’t sense temperature. But with the 25, you should be able to just turn on temp monitoring in Biscotti and recompile for the 25.