MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Yeah, I think that when the boards become available I will get some optics to go with them.

Also, got a bunch more of the big Enova ALL-80s in.

I got parts in the mail today. :slight_smile:

This triple XP-L Cypreus (100mm version) seems to be about as bright as my custom SRK with 32x7135 driver, or very roughly around 3000 lumens… except it’s a small fraction of the size. Kind of amazing, really.

I’ve been too scared to leave it on turbo for more than ~10 seconds so far. At the very least, I need to put some thermal grease on the pill threads first, because the copper threads are sloppy and it’s a loose fit.

BTW RMM, thank you for adding an un-requested off-time cap to one of my previous driver orders. It was a huge help while developing firmware for this Cypreus. :slight_smile:

I was able to place an order and take advantage of the anniversary sale.
Want to give a huge “THANK YOU” to RMM for the sale and also
the great service you provide.

Thank you! (Lisa says thank you too )

Hey guys, I have received some updates from a few of my suppliers who tell me that soon all of the NCR18650B will be switching to the NCR18650BF. It is pretty much the same as the B when you look at the spec sheet, but it appears that the BF holds voltage slightly better under load. It's not a big upgrade and is more along the lines of what we saw going from the PD to the PF.

The crazy part is that it's red--Sanyo red. As many of you probably know, Sanyo and Panasonic's battery divisions are now effectively one, but I didn't expect to see a red NCR cell!

I've got a sample pair of them but haven't had time to test them yet. I'll keep you posted.

How are they marked?

I wonder if you couldn’t commission, from someone who has a 3D-printer, a small run of special M1/MT centering rings? Something that keeps the reflector off the substrate and takes-up the small gap between the dome and the reflector opening. I know it wouldn’t sell terribly well but for the few who want to make such a light, it could be useful.

Sanyo NCR18650BF

If it’s marked “Sanyo” why should it be a surprise that it’s Sanyo red? :wink:

Hey RMM…. how about carrying some assembled BLF 15mm Sipik 68 drivers!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: 8)

Just FWIW, I found out what happens when you squish the Carclo optic with the widest holes onto a domed triple XP-L. I think it’s the 10511 which has the widest holes, and thus almost fits.

The result is that it de-domes the emitters. They still work fine, but the domes get stuck in the optic and the tint shifts.

:zipper_mouth_face: I wonder if 10-15 min in a gas bath followed by an alcohol rinse would do the trick. Probably just create lots of artifacts and a tint shift. Shave the sides of the dome using a 3mm tube as a guide(watch the bond wires!)?

Re: Toykeeper’s XPL self-dedoming:
Yes, CK did mention that in another thread. Once the domes get hot, any pressure will take them off. If you want to use domed emitters you should probably use his method of taking a knife and shaving off part of the inside of the optic so there’s no pressure on the domes.

Here’s another thing you can try to get a better tint:
Instead of having 3 cool-white dedomed XPL (cool white, slightly greenish tint), or 3 neutral white dedomed XPL (very yellow tint), how about going with a mix. Perhaps 2 cool white and 1 neutral white.

I think CK’s method is probably the best if you want to preserve tint. It doesn’t take much to open up the center bore just at the base and that’s at low angle to the emitter where die output is lowest. It won’t help the beam any but the more evenly it’s done and polished after the less adverse affect it will have.

Heh, the tint thing would be a lot easier if we had XP-Ls in ~6500K tint. They would de-dome to a nice ~5000K color temperature.

I have dedomed 3D xpl’s, and it is not “very yellow”. Pretty present actually. I prefer 4D.

It’s funny that the formerly Sanyo Eneloops are now sold as Panasonic and the current Panasonic 18650s are going to be sold as Sanyo…

Just had a face palm moment. Didn’t realize you sold loose programmed attiny 13A’s as well as the rest of the 105C parts. I think I may do another order. Doh!

RMM, Are you going to stock the new XP-G2 1C tint S3 Bin on noctigon mpcb Cutter just released?

http://www.cutter.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=cut1925

Thanks!

I stock everything new I can get at a reasonable price, so yeah.