MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Batteryspace does have several different LiFePO4 cells.
I imagine their advertised 18650-size A123 cells are old stock from several years ago, since A123 just told me the boat isn’t here yet with the first of their new production. And they’re priced the same as those direct from A123 will be when they arrive. Hm. Maybe just advertising in advance of having the stock come in, that would be better. I’ll ask, anyhow.

Reviews on the 2 other kinds in that size are
mixed: LiFePO4 18650 Rechargeable Cell: 3.2V 1500 mAh, 8.4A Rate, 4.32Wh, UL Listed, UN38.3 Passed (NDGR)
or
not reviewed yet: LiFePO4 18650 Rechargeable Cell: 3.2V 1100 mAh 49.5A Rate, 3.52Wh

This chemistry sure does have high-rate specs, though. For that latter one:

We’re reinventing the flashbulb here

End of digression, sorry RMM — if I find anything useful I’ll make a thread for the LiFePO4 battery availability separately.

Fairly warm. A little pinkish; it's a nice tint IMO.

Sorry guys... I didn't get an update e-mail. I got back on here today to do an update and figured that nobody had posted for almost a week!

Nichia 219BT 4000K I am getting up right now, working on some reflows.

The BTU PK26 is now in stock. All of you the pre-orders will begin shipping today.

Thanks!

Today I tried one of the NUV FET+1 but noticed it only has one mode fixed at 0.75A and wouldn’t enter config mode (bistro FW), first I thought it was a short on the - side but the current draw stays the same no matter which battery I tried.

All the components are correctly soldered… bugged FW maybe? Anyone else had this problem as well?

Will , i think someone else had the same problem , it was a “wrong” flashled firmware .

BTU PK26 is now in stock. All of you the pre-orders will begin shipping today.

Thanks!

[/quote]

Mine is somewhere between here and BangGood. I would rather have ordered from Richard, but he wasn’t getting any Black HD NW. Looking forward to some reviews on this light.

I'm supposed to get a review light, but it's on the slooooow boat. For some reason, retail units shipped before the review unit - it's way later than I was told. Maybe this week, maybe next... Ugh..... Well, maybe RIC gave priority to his retailers - not a bad thing I suppose.

FWIW I think it's a pretty nice light. A few thoughts:

Pros

• Nice balanced beam, even with HI version.
  • Nice tint on both CW and NW versions---nothing nasty.
  • Decent surface finish (seems like it is fairly hard). Not super flat, so it won't show marks quite as bad as some.
  • Switch light not too bright (maybe almost a bit too dark, see below)
  • Nice level spacing (you can actually tell it changed modes!)
  • Really sweet form factor, especially with the 26350 tube. That is what really makes this special IMO.
  • Easy lockout function.

Cons

• Pre-flash when you first turn the light on.
  • 26650 battery tube is a bit shorter than I'd like to see. It still works with all the unprotected 26650 I have tried it with, but you may not be able to screw it on all the way. I was able to get it over the o-ring so it is OK, but I think that a bit longer tube would be nice.
  • Button light is really dark. This can be a pro or a con depending on your preference, but it is barely visible unless completely dark. The button is not really translucent, so most of the light is from what leaks out of the edges.

I think that MTN-slDD might work for you. It's wider than 12mm without filing the tabs off, and it is also available in 1mm.

If you have enough depth and patience you could also piggyback a 10mm on top of the stock driver, using it as a contact board.

Did it come with wires or not? If it has any sort of wires then it was tested on an actual LED; for now the others without wires I visually check but don't usually test on an LED (unless international shipment; then I usually test 100%).

If everything looks good then it could be a flash problem. There have been a few cases where I wonder if ESD or something has corrupted the flash memory....possible, or just in my head? I know that I have had a least one light in the past that had a working MCU with modes that I was playing with that later stopped working right, but that a simple reflash fixed.

RMM,

Any sources for the 4000K 219*C* ? I have been liking the 5000K, but cannot find the 4000K in the US.

Thanks….

Not that I've seen...I think only that German place has (or had) some. Would be nice but I don't think I'm ready to buy a full reel of them in 4000K.

I am going to try it with the MTN-SLDD. Thanks :smiley: Ordered that a few other things.

I get that, a full reel would be ridiculous, both in amount and total price. Thanks for the reply, and should I run into any, I will let you know. Thanks again for all you do here RMM!

Sadly with testing previously it even happens with my bench-top power supply so its not a battery issue, it’s left me frustrated. but its likely a bad driver. i’m going to try and see if i can re-flash with a different fw to see if it behaves the same. otherwise nothing else to do.

Do you have the Nichia 4k in stock? That is the SW40?

Yes, that is the SW40.

Great… Gotta get an order! I have been stuck with a bunch of 4500k and I really do not like them!

you have SW45 Nichia 219’s Matt?

I’d take a few off your hands…

Convoy shipment has arrived. Restock on almost everything that's out of stock, and a few new toys...like the L6. I had to build one of my own to compare, and really guys this thing is pretty maxed out in stock form! It's running at 6A to the emitter and with a pair of King Kongs the output from a 27.5mm FET driven light with the same binned emitter is only 500-1000 lumens more---which is a very small visual difference. I think that if I went through and reduced resistance more and ran hotter cells you could get a little bit more, but seriously it's pretty good stock. The beam is well blended, but of course that means that throw has been reduced. That's just part of the tradeoff of using the XHP70.