MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Thanks Richard!

This is slightly off-topic, but not worth starting a new thread.

What is the inside diameter of an S2 pill? Like, if I were to stack a driver over a contact board inside the pill, how small would my driver have to be? 15mm? 16mm?

A 15mm will fit diameter wise, but you will not have enough depth in an S2 pill to piggyback anything, there's barely enough room in there for wires. If you wanted to piggyback something I would go with an S2+ since the pill is much deeper.

I dunno if I should put this here or in the B158 Mob thread, apologies if I guessed wrong.

I just got a B158 in Red with 2 spare pills with the intention of attempting my first build - a zoomie with Bistro firmware in white. I think my plan is to order a MTN-17ddm and… an LED on a noctigon. I don’t know jack about tints, or the alphabet soup of the elebenty different LED options that are available. Every time I start to order, I get overwhelmed trying to choose what LED to get. MHanlen ’s mod thread shows him using a 16mm XPL-HI, should I just go with that and get it over with?

I would suggest dedomed xp-g2 s4 2b from Richard :slight_smile:

Does that mean the custom build service will come back soon??? :wink:

I definitely prefer a domeless LED with the zoomies, so I'd go with something dedomed or with an XP-L HI.

Hi guys, long time reader 1st post. Couple quick questions, Richard did you guys change the 42mm are lens for the c8? I have built 4 from you in the past month but that last two don’t seem to have that purple color when looking through it.

Also, I purchased a convoy L6 and I am thinking I want your dd 27.5 driver and xhp70 p2 led. How many amps will that pull from a good set of batteries? (And has anyone done a lumen test on the p2 bin?) I was hoping for different firmware maybe toy keeper but it looks like that driver doesn’t have many options.

Is there another more versatile driver that fits or can be modded for the L6? I couldn’t find more specs on that driver, doesn’t seem to be a thread about it.

Bronz look at the last posts on the Convoy L6 :

The Convoy C8 doesn't come with an AR lens.

If you have a complete L6 I wouldn't waste my time changing the driver or LED unless you wanted to change the UI. You will get at most a 500-1000 lumen increase, and honestly visually the difference between 4000 and 5000 lumens is very small. You could probably modify the stock driver to get similar output since it is nearly direct-drive already anyways. Is the factory MCPCB DTP? I haven't checked it.

They are DTP . Only 1 or 2 flashlights came without DTP boards from the very first batch.

Richard this is an absolute work of art.

what is it? Is it a P60 quad? Does Richard sell these like this ready to go? And what do you put this in please? It sure is ‘clean’, nothing like the quality of the custom GB lights I purchase.

how about a link?

thanks….

You have to take the parts separately and solder driver with led board etc

Parts :

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=63_64&product_id=700

Also : leds (nichia 219C / xpl hi / xp-g3 / or any other 3535 footprint led) and ofcourse optics you like (carclo 1062x series).

This was a prototype he built to test the P60 dropin, he had it up for sale on his site and I jumped on it. Glad I did, this is an incredible piece of kit. He did an amazing job. Not my first time ordering here and this proves I will continue.

Anyways it is a MTN-17ddm quad 219c

Hey staticx57, how did you get the optic to stay in place? This copper P60 shell just arrive today and I try to test assemble it in my L2P host, but there was nothing to hold the optic in?

This is a long shot, for RMM, are you by any chance interested in making illuminated tailcaps?
(Or know anyone else who might be?)

The handheld-soldering of itty bitty parts is not something I expect to be able to do well, and I’d sure like to get some amber-lit tailcaps.

I see a lot of progress made and boards available in the thread at D.I.Y. Illuminated tailcap

Nice!

Ordered some LEDs and batteries and less than an hour later received the shipping notification!!! :+1:

my sentiments on the delay :wink:

Anybody have an idea how long it usually takes to get a response via pm from RMM?
Got an issue with an order i’d like to get cleared up quickly

thanks