MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

When do you think that the Small Sun ZY-T08 will be back in stock?
Thanks

Today

Small Sun ZY-T08 and a few more digital voltage meters back in stock.

Thanks RMM

Can you re-flow the MT-G2 onto 17mm CU boards? cu=copper I don't know cause the MT-G2 may have a special pad.

I tried a build where I used a Dremel to grind the 20mm board down to 17mm, but the build didn't work out. Put it this way... I had a grin on my face for 30 mins.

Or can we get the MT-G2 on 17mm boards somewhere?

I really want to de-dome them and try that in some dive lights.

re. Xtar VP2: I'm waiting till you get the new VP2's in before I return mine.

The problem is that Xtar won't send me replacement VP2s until I send them back the defective ones, that's why I'm trying to get them in ASAP. The are exchanging on a one-for-one basis.

MRTdiver, the Cu stars for the MT-G2 only come in 20mm as far as I know. But turning one down to fit a smaller light isn’t that big a deal. My little chopped AA mini mag from Texas Lumens has one set up as a mule ( no reflector ) and pulling 3A from a standard Qlite with the Zener mod, making some 1345 lumens OTF at start-up. Very very effective at close range, low or medium works fantastic under the dash, or any close confined space.

that is one of the sexiest things ive have ever seen.

nice pic Dale

When I grinded the MT-G2 board down it got so hot that the LED slid off it's pad. I thought I fixed that.

Then when emitter was installed in the light the LED dome fell off. BTW I thought the tint was awesome.

Then there was an electrical short. And now it doesn't work. So I really don't like in-depth mods.

edit: I use a Dremel to grid

If you know a better way to grid the board down to size, tell me. But when I screw up it's a big loss at ~$22 a pop and time spent.

Ok I'll send the Charger back.

Wow! That board must have gotten pretty hot when you were grinding on it. When I do them I usually like to be holding the MCPCB in my hand, that way I know when it's getting hot. It may be a bit slower but it gives me a bit more control.

The dome must have gotten loose from the heat? I have accidentally de-domed two MT-G2s so far... both from insane amounts of heat then a little bit of pressure on the dome then they pop right off.

Sorry about the VP2, it's a total pain and it's costing us all some frustration but I'm glad they're making it right.

just got the shipment for S6 spacer today… just wondering… is there any reason why the spacer width is 20mm? the pill that hold the driver is 20.69mm, wouldn’t it make sense to make the spacer the same width so it can disperse the heat much better if it touch the head of the light?
no biggie though, as I can always put copper braid around the spacer to make it snug and touch the head of the light :slight_smile:

Making parts fit perfectly snug to one another, would be just that, perfect. Machining a part that is made to universally fit other parts, is a little less than perfect process. The machining dimensions of these flashlights vary greatly. If a person would make a spacer that fit your flashlight perfectly, it would not fit any other flashlight as perfect, and will be either too loose or too tight.

That’s the reason why P60 drop ins can never fit every host “tightly”. It just isn’t possible unless it’s completely custom made and fit to a specific host.

When I grinded my 20mm MTG2 Noctigon star to fit the LED compartment in my Sunwayman C20C last week I used hand files. Much slower than a dremel, but no chance of overheating.

Any updates on the "FL-2" style driver (the one planned to use in your BTU Shockers) with low voltage protection for 3 cells in series?

Im interested in buying separate.

Yes, I have a bunch of them. Been doing some testing with resistor mod/trimpot for a little bit and haven't quite finished testing yet. I need to hook it up to my power supply and test the low voltage protection also before placing it on the website. I generally like to test everything I sell for a little while before putting it up for sale.

As you may notice, there is a new host on the website: a 2 x 26650 host! It is a beast...I think that the brass pill weighs more than some of my smaller lights! The new DRY driver fits this light great (they are also back in stock). More mini-digital voltage meters also in stock.

I can’t keep up with all the new items you have that I need……….
I was going to do the M1 as soon as the triples were done but now you come up with a 2x26650………….

I got behind when my Wife had her foot repaired and was out of work for 8 weeks.
Vacation in 3 weeks so I may have to bring parts to FL and build while sitting on the balcony watching the Ocean.
That’s the best idea I have had in a long time :slight_smile:

What is the overall length of the 2x26650 host?

• Length: 24.15 cm
  • Tube Diameter: 32mm
  • Head Diameter: 55.25mm
  • Weight: 400 gm (14.15 oz)

Richard when will the CREE XM-L2 U2 1A LED on Noctigon 20mm MCPCB be back in stock.
Thanks