MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Ok how should i contact you from the website or through Private Message here on BLF ? ( i am ready to place an order)

E-mail (or through the website) is probably the best, since it is easier for me to keep track of things, but PM also works fine!

Ok thanks. ( i sent you a PM here )

much appreciate a review with beamshots for this beast. But then again that would force my order, am I ready?

Saypat, this thing is an amazing animal. I’ll try some real beam shots tomorrow after work and get them up by Friday day. Holy $&@#! It’s a lotta light. I lit up my whole cul-de-sac! Not like I could see spill light on the houses outside the beam, like bright enough people could have an Easter egg hunt and I would not have to move the light. It has good throw too. An unholy wall of light that reaches way out. I’m glad I read that post with the instructions again. The UI I thought I would not like is easy and really growing on me. In the kitchen on the island it lights the kitchen and living room better than the kitchen lights! Real nice tint too. Hot damn I like this light.

I think you should get one Saypat. 4500 lumens is amazing and the moonlight is perfect for the first time.

As an added bonus, after it tail stands for a few minutes you can crack an egg open on the lens and have a wonderfully cooked egg sandwich in short order! :slight_smile: Sunny side up…

It makes delicious eggs too?!
That would save me from accidentally using my solder reflow pan for my eggs!
Damn you people, I’m trying to resist.

Resistance is futile, go ahead and order the dang thing, you know you want to! Level 2… :slight_smile:

I messed with my mod2 M6 last night. Ceiling and wall bounced at any location, my meter says that it is quite a bit brighter than the “SRK” with the same mods. Both lights were using the same cells with a fresh charge. Outdoors, the difference is hard to see, except the “SRK” has a larger hotspot. It seemed like the M6’s head heated up quicker on turbo.

I’ll need to spend more time with them (more than 5 minutes), but since the overall throw “looks” the same, but with the “SRK” having a larger hotspot, the “SRK” may be better for walls of light. That is, if heat doesn’t make it drop in output quicker than the M6, which I’m assuming it will.

I can’t….

If I just wait a bit longer I can add to my 24hour collection. Soon I’ll have enough to make a host! Stack, solder, drill out for an 18650. :bigsmile:

Masejoer, the head heats up faster because it’s getting the heat away from the emitter more effectively. Quick heat to the head is always a good thing…in a flashlight. :wink:

I’m not saying it isn’t. I need to turn them both on turbo and pull out the thermal imaging camera to do a real comparison. Also some current measurements of both are needed. The differences in total output could simply be differences in build, and no fault of the raw host itself. There are too many variables without looking into it further.

What model FLIR camera?
Resolution upgrade for software crippled FLIR

Modded Flir E4

Hey, I got a few of those layin around too!

Nice.

Just a pic I found online. I’d like a 24 hour one but it seems like a waste of money to buy one for $5. Aluminum 24hr would be even better.

I’d only make light of it with flashlights.

I don’t have time to mess with these tonight, but I took some quick thermal pictures of warming up on turbo (and re-engaging turbo) of the two lights side-by-side. I took a picture with the lights off, and then every ~30 seconds until 3-minutes on turbo. The last one was after resting for 3 minutes. Without testing output, the M6 sure looks like it dissipates heat much better. “SRK” still seems to have more wall-of-light outdoors in side-by-side testing (similar hotspot intensity, to the eye, but wider), but the throw on the M6 has to be stronger and it should maintain its output better. The bigger issue may be keeping the voltage up from the batteries to keep all that current going to the emitters. I tested with 3100mAH Panasonics.

Both are great lights. I’m also having trouble deciding between the modded S3 I got, and an S2 I put together with an overdriven XM-L2 - all from parts I got from RMM. Voltage drop is the biggest issue in that XM-L2 light also. I have little reason to shop elsewhere!

I don’t have much to compare it with… being my first and only triple. Barn is @70 yards, both lights with fresh Panasonic 3400’s, both shots taken within 3 secs of power on.

EagleTac SX25L3 MT-G2 rated ANSI 2375

M6-Mod1 Cornea Popper, ’nuff said

And those pics look just about exactly as I would have expected them to. Well done!

… of course, just days after I got a brand new photon grenade, I discover that there was a really awesome one available all along, already modded, with easily-flashable firmware. Sigh. At least I finally got enough motivation to start modding.

If I had known, I might have gotten a M6 instead of a BST, but I like my BST anyway. :slight_smile: