MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Hey guys, got some more Efest coming in this afternoon:

• Purple 35A 18650s
  • LUC V4 Charger Kits (with car charger)
  • More Purple 18350s, both button top and flat top (flat top also work in series, but some lights need a button top for driver contact)

A busy night last at the ER, night 6 of 7 day stretch so even though I had the DSLR and tripod prepped, I was dog tired last night and just took a couple of quick iPhone shots that demonstrate the capability of the M6 Mod2.

First is a control shot of the bottom of the cul-de-sac just with the street lighting.

The same now with the headlights on my Toyota Camry.

Now with the mighty M6 Mod2

I have converted one of our doctors to a Flashaholic and I had to laugh when I showed him the light after work and he purposely shined the light on full at the palm of his hand and we both blurted, “Owww” and looked away in unison as a nurse entered into the doctors dictation room exclaiming, “What the hell is that?”

I love this thing.

"BLF code is invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit."

Edit: Nevermind, error message also displayed if no applicable items in cart.

Working for me here. It has no limit or expiration date.

Sorry, have to have something eligible in the cart. Edited above post.

Maybe it’s a little rude, but I enjoy educating muggles about modern lighting through roughly those two same methods. The palm-bounce “ouch” demonstration is a safe but memorable way to show just how much brighter torches have gotten, and the car headlight comparison is a great reference point since a car headlight is the brightest outdoor light most people have ever seen.

Be careful or the Department of Lumen Secrecy will be after you.

what exactly is an eligible item? I tried BLF on the Supfire M6 and got the error message. What is the discount? Thanks!

2% off batteries, optics, drivers, LEDs, and MCPCBs.

How soon will the efest luc be on your site?

Available now!

Ok, a few more items that I'm trying to clear out (PM me if interested):

(1) Small Sun ZY-T08 w/ MT-G2. $40 shipped. This one isn't perfect; the reflector has bit of plating bubbling at the base of the reflector due to some overzealous sanding, I can't see it affecting the beam pattern at all but it is there. Switch has been converted to series, springs copper plated. Currently has one of the original DRY drivers in it, which has an audible hum/whine in every mode which unfortunately is normal with this otherwise great driver; pulls about 5.5A on turbo with Pana PDs and around 6.5A on turbo with 20Rs.

For $10 extra I will replace the DRY driver with a zener modded FET driver, in which case you may want to be careful with what cells you use; I don't think I would use anything hotter than a Pana 3400 in this light with an FET driver because I don't think the switch will handle that sort of current for long (20Rs pull over 10A on this driver with an MT-G2!) May take a few more days for it to ship if I do this.

(2) Ultrafire 602C 16340 Flashlight - 1.5A, STAR FW Off-Time Memory w/ 4 modes, dedomed XP-G2 R5 3C on Aluminum, $11 + shipping. Got this one to check out and compare the host but ended up going with a slightly different one for the upcoming 16340 lights. This one is still a very nice EDC! Off-time memory is a nice touch.

(3) Lck-Led 5000mA 3-mode driver, $10 + shipping. Unused. This is the "large toroid" version that many have used in their BTU Shocker mods. I bought this to use in mine back in October but I haven't gotten around to using it yet and don't think I will end up using it. Link.

(4) This 5A driver, modified. Used for testing. $5 + shipping. I put a large toroid on this one and bypassed most of the sense resistors for direct drive, so this is only good for 3S to 3S use now (will fry LEDs if used for buck!). I never actually put this in a light but it was one of my test drivers that I was tweaking to see what I could get out of it. I ended up getting around 6A-6.5A into 3 dedomed XM-L2s on copper with 20R cells. Total height is now around 25mm vs the stock 12mm. Has been run on high for around 3-4 minutes, but there is no guarantee of long-term reliability with this driver.

(5) Defiant Super Thrower w/ tubed bored for 26650 cells, unfinished. $25 + shipping. I had an extra tube bored along with the two I am keeping but I don't think I am going to use it; two of these lights will be enough for me. The head has not been touched (don't run 2S cells without changing driver first!) Protected cells fit without tearing anything up but are a little tight. The tailcap threads were bored out so the tailcap needs to be permanently attached to the tube! This also means that cells will need to be changed from the head/tube junction instead of from the tailcap. You could attach the tailcap by drilling and pinning it, riveting it, welding it, gluing with conductive glue, or however you see fit. I haven't quite decided yet how I'm going to do mine, but this reflector throws insanely well with an XM-L or XM-L2. You could also chop it down for 1 x 26650 before you attach the tailcap.

Shipping cost can be combined between items or with an order from the normal store.

small sun is tempting! some one buy it please i need to save my funds! LOL.

Pm sent.

pm sent

I updated my triple Nichia 219A, with triple Nichia 219Bs from RMM.

I’m impressed. The tint is awesome and it’s decently bright. At 3 amps, this triple is much brighter than my Zebralight SC62d, and colors look better than it too.

FWIW, I’m pretty happy so far with the single Nichia 219Bs I got on Noctigons. I’ve only put one into a light so far, but it looks great and I’ve been carrying it literally everywhere with me since I finished it. :slight_smile: The tint looks just a bit cooler than my L3 L10-219 lights, but that could merely be a difference between current-controlled drivers and PWM drivers (CC tends to look warmer / less white at low currents).

(finally made a stainless steel Convoy S7 into what it should have been all along)

Has anyone done match-style testing on a Nichia 219B? Assuming it has good heat sinking, I’d like to know what the performance is like over its amperage/voltage range and how much power it can take on copper.

I hereby officially nominate ToyKeeper for further “Match” style testing on the Nichia 219B with expectations of a thorough report back here on BLF for the greater good of the community! :slight_smile:

And our thanks, in advance, for a job well done! :wink:

<_<

>_>

It might help to nominate someone who actually has relevant equipment. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

BTW, djozz did some testing on this, but he doesn’t think the emitter was quite the right one so the test results probably aren’t very useful.

If his results are accurate though, the 219B looks like it’s quite a bit more efficient than the 219A. But if it’s not actually the high-CRI version, that sort of result would be expected.