*** NEW *** Haikelite SC26 XHP35 26650/26350 aka Fatty ***Update*** 2018-07-24

What’s the real output?
Vinh says 1240 lm for 5000k HI which would be just terrible.
But seeing 6.5 A current draw from battery reported by hIKARInoob I think Vinh got very pessimistic.
Where’s the truth?

Yea I saw that too but I doubt it is really that low or maybe he got a few bad ones.

I measured 1,740 lumens at startup on my TA lumen sphere on my NW XHP35HI and I think Newlumen measured about the same with his TA lumen sphere.

With a ceiling bounce test my SC26 produces the same lux value on my meter as my Haikelite MT02 rated at 2000 lumens. And the Haikelites have roughly 50% higher lux readings than two of my Zanflare F1 lights, one NW the other CW, rated at 1200 lumens. Whatever the actual output is of the SC26 I do not care; I'm happy with the obtained results. A surprising result is the parasitic drain value of a very low 13.5 μA. With a 2000 mAh 26350 cell this results in a whopping 17 year drain life!

I recived mine today.

Stabilization is great.
From 4.2 to 2.8V the current is 1.5A what gives about 2 klm on led.

I was waiting for the groupbuy at $32, but now I read several people already ordered the light….
Is the groupbuy cancelled? Or did I overlook a link/code for $32?
Speed is of no essence for me because I’m Europe until October anyway.
Besides of that I’m wondering I even need it because I the DQG Tiny III 26650 light. But that’s a whole different discussion….

Enjoy your lights!

There was no announcement of an official groupbuy, but there is one anyway: ENEDED

I confused this for an official announcement. Or a promise. From your first post:

Anyway thanks for the link. Going to read that thread :slight_smile:

Yes I also got the impression that there was going to be like an official Haikelite groupbuy like with the MT09R. However, Dale did write back then that it would occur via a dealer…
Anyhow this is it, and I’m quite happy with it. :sunglasses:

Me too. Never even start assuming I’m not grateful for any groupbuy by whoever takes the time to organize it.
Ok, perhaps there is one groupbuy that I exclude. That of a former member :slight_smile:

Yes… i measured 1850 lumen for the dome on NW, and 1720 lumen for the xhp35 hi NW…

We got no idea why skylumen measured 1600 lumen…

I am happy with the performance that came in stock light…

Thanks for the input. :slight_smile:

Got my HD in brown today, Saturday July 28th!

Shipped out on 21st July. This new shipping method by BG has speeded things up some :smiley:

Banggood shipping is a crapshoot. My SC26 was supposedly shipped on July 15 but doesn’t show up on USPS tracking as having made it to the US yet. Other things they shipped to me after that have already been delivered. Seems to me it’s always been that way with them, you never know…

I ordered a lot of things from Banggood and it has never been a problem until now. I came across the idea of buying the Haikelite MT07S. I chose faster shipping and tracking for an additional fee. The package was to arrive in 15-20 business days. Today is 32 days and is still not even traced. There is only information that a waybill has been generated and that’s it. I wrote to them and they started to darken me, that the package is on customs clearance and that I have to wait a week. I’ve read before about the problems of shopping with Haikelite and I think there is something in it.

Has anyone loaded two 26350 cells and tested the light? It’s suppose to work better in that config. At least I thought I read that somewhere.

The light outputs 1.5A throughout the entire voltage range from 4.2V all the way down to 2.8V with a 26650 cell (*** NEW *** Haikelite SC26 XHP35 26650/26350 aka Fatty ***Update*** 2018-07-24 - #128 by smokuxx1987). This means that even with a 26350 cell where you have more voltage sag than with a 26650 cell you should be able to get the max output. Whether the light can produce max output with depleting 26350 cell is not known (yet), but with a full cell it should definitely be able to produce max output.

Right, but two 26350 cells in series will give higher voltage all the way down to depleted level. This is more of a curiosity thing. The light is suppose to support that, but what is the practical/visible (vs. theoretical) impact on performance, if any?

The last 10 items ordered since end May :
7 of them arrived within 8 days (shipped from China warehouse).

The others took 16 –17 days. That’s somewhat quicker than the usual 15-30 days like before.

Took my SC26 HD (5000K) for a walk in the park last night.
It’s a very good combination of flood and throw IMHO. Tint is nice.
I’m very pleased :smiley:

(I switched to the modes instead of the ramping)

Just got my Blue SC26 in, and I must say, I’m impressed. XHP35 HI NW. Nice navy blue finish. I installed a yellow trit in the slot above the button. Should help to find the button in the dark. The trit slots are not milled very deep, so the trit sits a bit proud. Time will tell if I break it. Because of that, I elected not to put the other 5 trits in. (1.5mm x 6mm trits)

I can upload some outdoor beamshots tonight if anyone is interested.

I used a UV light to highlight the trit. UV also highlights the silicone grease on the battery tube.

Outdoor beamshot XHP35-HI NW