*** NEW *** Haikelite SC26 XHP35 26650/26350 aka Fatty ***Update*** 2018-07-24

I’m too clumsy and accident prone to have glass where it can be broken easily so I did the work because I wanted the look.

It’s turned on on that picture, right?

No, just UV light shining on the trits so they show up - it makes the switch glow also.

got my HD nw brown. I like this light with the 26650 tube is has a good size not too big or too small. the UI is not as fast as on blf q8 but its no big deal imo. the beam and tint looks good and has a bit of hotspot so its a good allround light and also gives decent runtime with this big battery, for the price u get a very good deal and can chose of 5 colors.

I noticed that mine has no AR coating, not that i can see atleast but i guess it doesnt make much diffeence anyways?

2 questions please….So… have we decided that using the short tube with a single 26350 cell will actually go to turbo , simply with less run time ?…Also , does a protected 26350 cell exist ?

Correct. Imalent protected 26350 fits and works; I’m using them. Groupbuy of this battery, specifically for the Haikelite SC26 is done here: ENEDED

Has anyone found a suitable replacement driver for this? Or can anyone flash the firmware? I serisouly haven’t used my 2 SC26’s since the day I got them because I never know what brightness it will be when I turn it on.

SC 26 - I can’t seem to lock out the light . From on , double click followed by a long press. Anyone else having trouble?

Just in case, it’s three clicks that are required where you press and hold on the third click (from on).
I have no problem with locking, however unlocking sometimes require several attempts.

Thanks , finally got it to lock out and on again . Seems very touchy though . Going to require some practice. Probably won’t use it .

I searched for runtimes but haven’t found any actual numbers. Anyone know what they are with a 26650?

Correct me if I am wrong , but increasing the thermal protection temperature from 45 to 55 or 65 only sets the point the light steps down to 450 lumens and does not allow higher sustained lumen level , correct?

I was playing with my new SC 26 outside tonight . It has a very early step down in my opinion . This light could take a lot more heat than it will allow. It is basically a 450 lumen light with a short turbo. Very nice tint, beam and throw. The HD has a sleight hot spot but mostly flood. UI is not great but OK. Nice fit and finish and size. For the price , it was a good buy.

Stock light have 45degrees limit then step down from that point.

You can change thermal to 55 or 65.

Should follow the ui instruction to change. From memory it’s 7 clicks to get the thermal option then the blinks for the group

I did change the temperature to 65 but did not change much. Ten clicks , then turn off after 1,2 or 3 flashes.

Mine was the same when i first turned on. It step down was faster than expected so i changed to 65 degrees and it run turbo abit more longer.

’To enter thermal protection setting by 10xclicks:
The light flashes once and turn it off to select 45 degree step-down temperature
The light flashes twice and turn it off to select 55 degree step-down temperature
The light flashed 3 times and turn it off to select 65 degree step-down temperature”

once you’re in the thermal group you need to rotate the battery tube to turn off so it select the group.

A ha , exactly when do you turn rotate the battery tube ? After turning off the light with the switch? Where did you get that info from? I did not read that. Thanks.

I tried serveral times to select the thermal group but couldn’t turn off so I then rotate the battery tube to turn off and it select the thermal group I want

just turn the tailcap a bit and it will switch off thats how i did it.

To be clear , turn off with switch after 1,2,or 3 flashes ,then turn tail cap to disconnect circuit? I would try it now but the light is not with me.