[NEW] Nitecore MH20 1000lm 18650 Rechargable - full size switch!

Maybe email the manufacturer and see what they reply?

did you guys actually pay $80 for it? Still waiting for a good deal.

I tried numerous times trying to send an email to Nitecore through their website and kept getting an error whenever I click on the send button that it cannot send my email. I gave up and will just contact the seller directly.

I actually got the bundle and paid extra to get the Nitecore 3400mAH and two CR123A.

Mine doesn’t light either but I think it is not meant to align it just happened on this sample that it did…
MH20 short review (in progres will be updated soon)…

My Smilodon does not align either and neither the EA4 did…

24hr Sale is happening right now over at other thread.

A short video about Nitecore MH20 (I am working on a complete review in spanish). Video with english and spanish entries.
(better see on youtube for read ok the entries)

from banggood not aff.

I am checking now the thermal management gestion of MH20.
Review in progress (spanish) http://luxlinternas.blogspot.com.es/2015/06/nitecore-mh20-xm-l2-1x186502xrcr123a.html

Here runtime graphic first 20 minutes with and without fan (I have translate the graphic). Celsius degrees (head surface).

There’s a viable solution for that, that will rid you of the “can’t find the switch” headache - assuming the clip can be moved, but isn’t so loose that it moves around, each time you remove the light from your pocket. But if it’s that loose, I wouldn’t trust that clip, in the first place, and I would strongly recommend just holstering that light. I’ve lost too many lights, because the clip wasn’t super solidly attached to the light.

Try orienting the clip, so that it’s in-line with the side switch, and you’ll find the switch every time, no problems. I do this with my EA11, and it’s wonderful. I also do this with my P12, and two CB6 lights, even though they have tail switches, because I still want to able to find those side switches, without fumbling around for them, in the dark. Same deal with my Fenix TK15 and TK22, so access to the side (mode-changing) switch is foolproof, even in the dark.This works beautifully.

This is particularly useful for my CB6 lights, because they have a feature that allows instant access to the white, or the Blue (primary - highest output), by pressing and holding the side switch of choice (white, or color), and then clicking the rear switch; but without being able to actually find the side switch, this feature would be useless.

In instances where the clip would actually block the side switch, try orienting the clip so that its on the exact opposite side of the clip. I do this with my Olight S20, and it works flawlessly.

Naturally, if you have a light that has a clip that’s mounted with screws, you won’t have this option.

Now that I think about it, I must admit that I do not pocket-clip-carry (no holster) any light that doesn’t have a permanently-mounted clip on it. I just don’t trust clips, especially for belt carry (directly clipped to a belt. NEVER again).

I know, everyone’s mileage may vary. Just food for thought…

I’m still intrigued by this MH20; but the P36 (with the amazing MT-G2 emitter) is much higher up on my list of Nitecore lights that I’d like to buy. I just recently missed out on a Massdrop deal on the P36 (didn’t have the bucks at the time), but am hoping to find it on group buy, or elsewhere, at a decent price - and when I actually have the money to buy it :expressionless:

In the meantime, I have a P25. The P25 one of my first Nitecore purchases. It’s a fantastic light, which also USB-rechargeable - a great thrower), that I can use, albeit considerably bulkier than something like the MH20.

On the positive side, the P25, with its larger head, and deeper reflector, would easily out-throw the MH20 (with its 24,000 candela rating, as opposed to the MH20’s 12,500 candelas), and 300 meter rating, as opposed to the MH20s 220 meter rating. Then, there is the added bonus of the tail switch - one that I miss, in any Nitecore lights I own, that don’t have one (EA11, EC20)

Down-side - it’s not exactly pocket-able. I belt carried that one, for quite a while. If I carry it all, these days, it’s in a bag.

if u like this emitter, and headlamps , HKE is supposed to be getting the Acebeam H10 in this week:

apologize for my hijack.

This MH20 looks to be a similar footprint to a ~US$12 Small Sun ZY-T11, also using a 18650. Differences being the Small Sun uses a DC charging jack (old skool Nokia 3.5mm type), has no voltmeter, and uses a lower grade Cree XML emitter. Can expect some lower features given the substantially cheaper pricepoint.

Check out some good Small Sun ZY-T11 discussion at Mod: Small Sun ZY-T11 and ZY-T29 + overview and comparison

Well got the light about 5 days ago put a battery in it and it works great with great features. played with it a bit during the week.
Then went to put it in the car with two new batteries and it will not go past single as in 1 lumen mode.
all other features work but only at 1 Lumen.
Anyone got any ideas?

Interesting. Never seen that before. Someone else wil chime in.

Good Day captq,

This happened to my MH20 when it was delivered & I tried it with a flat top Samsung 30Q battery (as an "experiment").

I knew that they need a Button Top battery, therefore the result surprised me. After a few cycles on/off it stopped working with the Flat Top battery.

Are you using a Button Top battery?

What batteries are they?

Best Regards,

George

I just got one myself. If you carry it with the head up, the pocket clip is fixed (can’t rotate).

-Jamie M.

I initially planned to reply with ‘you are a genius’… but, and perhaps I’m alone in this with a faulty MH20, it seems turning the clip upside-down and carrying it with the head up results in the clip becoming slightly looser. to me, this is unacceptable (especially considering I was already on the fence with the detachable clip in the first place). further, I would indeed prefer to carry it with the head pointed down as I sometimes use it to illuminate the ground without unclipping.

the best solution I’ve come up with so far is a steel ring to hold the clip still (using the stock keychain hole).
I also had trouble with the stock clip catching on my kuhl (nylon/denim?) pants due to the ~2mm gap so 3D printed a little ramp.
i used the head from one of those mini-bungees for the steel ring. (rest of photos incl. video of me smacking clip against table)

!
!

Knock-off ? :

ONE THOUSAND NUMENS !

Compared against my Zebralight sc600w ii L2 the lowest light level on the MH20 is WAY too bright. Need to be half or maybe a third of its brightness :frowning:

-Jamie M.