New: Noctigon Meteor M43 ; in production New color added: Tan

meteor that was sent to me a huge surprise gift from VNRE is now my edc although it be a little heavy I have worn in its compact holster and dropped it on asphalt and concrete more than I care to admit untill finally I cracked the lens so I went through international outdoors and in less than 8 days Hank sent me a new lens and bezel now knowing w h at I have I better take more care as it s the white version with xplhi s and supposedly worked on by Vinh .any how the HAIII is holding extremely well for what I have put it through

No, you can too, contact Hank to find the same thing.

It does look very good, impressively good. Doesn't not seem like the ordinary dirty-golden color that is called tan, but photos are photos.

OK, so no more white(?) Does this mean the black that is still being offered for sale is part of the first batch of 300 units?

I think Vinh can turn yours into a Goldilocks PDTc which has a neutral white beam with decent throw. He can turn it into a cool white XPL-HI too.

What does “simple” in the Poll on the Left Sidebar Mean?

Poll

Would you consider getting a Noctigon Meteor M43 with a simple UI?:

Yes even at the same price, Yes but only if it was cheaper, or No

I prefer more modes like the following lumens: 5, 30, 150, 500, 2000, 7000. Or better yet, long press to ramp up smoothly to turbo.

I meant simple as in: Pick up a flashlight turn it on, and remember every mode it has and how to get to it, even after it has been in the garage for a year unused.

no nice led tint choices anymore, DD and such to increase throw? Well that’s a money saver news….

Been wanting a second one and would have loved the sand color version. To bad it’s not available with the XP-L HI, I would have grabbed it. I’ll wait and see if the XP-L HI comes back.

These are our current tint choices right now:

CW S4 2B 7450lm 33,600cd 5700K
NW S3 3D 7010lm 32,000cd 4885K
NW 219BT-V1 90CRI Min 4450lm 20,000cd 4885K

What choice of tint would you like added to the list?

I am also waiting like you and probably everyone else for the XPL-HI V3 to return. When you look at the individual LEDs for sale on Hank’s site though, he’s been all out of that LED for about 2 months. He only has the lower output V2. I assume when he gets more V3 in stock, he’ll start building more M43’s with them. I wonder how long it will be before we can expect the V4 to come along. Of course, we’re nit-picking at this point…V2 vs. V3, etc.

I like all of those, The 2B would be the one I would get if I were to buy with these options.

On the XP-L HI that were available, a V3 or better in 2-something tint would be fantastic for me. The problem is how subjective the tint is to the users, so I would like the 2-whatever and someone else would want 4A for theirs…

I would like to see, and hear, opinions about the actual user difference between the Nichia 219B and the other tints, less than double the brightness to the next tint, it would obviously be less bright…. But by how much?

Also, how much estimated lumen gain would the 219C have over the 219B in this light?

At a certain point it is like saying 124dB is not as loud as 128dB, technically this is correct, but they are both FREAKING loud…

This light looks to have some insane output, even in the 219B Nichia set up…

Nichia 219BT-V1 90CRI Min. just got $30 cheaper, not sure if this is temporary or not.

Is there a ramping mode in UI3? Someone mentioned it in the UI Poll thread.

Yes there is.

How does UI3 with ramping work?

So no one still wants to buy me one? Just checking in.

I want to buy 1 or may be 2 M43s, but I am waiting for the XP-L Hi emitter option/version.

One for mhanlen is generous enough - how ’bout an XPL-HI for me too?

I have the Nichia 219BT-V1 90CRI Min.
For me it is very clear, with the Nichia 219BT-V1 90CRI Min 5000K I am finally having that tint that I do not have to say "oh LED lighting so of course this is greenish this or that , this is pinkish, this is blueish", I just use it. There is a subtle reddish tone to it, slightly toward brown (not bleeding red like someone would imagine not seeing this particular LED), which is quite nice as it give a tiny bit of warmth to it like you would expect from a 5000K light source.
Also since the driver is current controlling the current output not PWM, the tint will not shift to greener and greener like some report and I have seen with CREE
LEDs on current controlled drivers, but will stay green-less, blue-less.
The output surely seems like around 4450lm, in order for the eye to perceive double the brightness it would need triple the difference meaning 13500lm, so for 8000lm it will only seem brighter but not twice as bright like most people expect for that shock difference.