New WildTrail (former LuckSun) BLF-D80v2 Sale is open.

The light can now also be bought in Neals shop. BLF D80v2 SST40 2000lm/XPL-HI 1500lm 18650 LED Flashlight – Nealsgadgets
I am waiting for a asnwere if there is also a code to bring the price down. When i know more i will post it here.

The D1S has a considerably chunkier head and wider reflector, it does not have the compact feel and balance of the D80. It is a choice of course: trade compactness for throw.

Not the same size. The D1S head is a good bit larger. Both are great lights. I just like the big round defined hotspot of the D80v2.

Does anyone know how many 7135 are there in this light? I’m impressed the All 7135 mode can do 734 lumens.

There are 6 7135s i think.

Do you have the XPL-HI edition?

SST-40 version. Let me ypdate my post

This post transferred HERE

I’m seeing mode groups discussed that optimise the 7135 chips, I have yet to see a descriptor of the UI that clearly indicates how to arrive at these mode groups. Everything I see indicates the old Bistro UI works, use the 5th configuration level to set number of modes from 1-8 and engage moon mode on or off in configuration level 3. Set thermal control in configuration level 7. So how is it that this discussion of group modes is not what the owners manual shows?

I’m confused. My buddy robo819 couldn’t figure his out either. But I had him reverse into Turbo so he could measure it on his box.

And yes, I’ve been in Flintrock’s thread and for all the long discussion all I see is that it works the same as Bistro but has extra blinkies. Can someone clarify what I am so obviously missing?

Maybe we should leave this thread for the official group buy only? Start a new thread for other sellers?

Has anyone measured throw and lumens on the XPL version?

I don’t know what you mean by optimising the 7135 chips but there are 26 mode groups, not 8, as sort of described in the image in post 888: New WildTrail (former LuckSun) BLF-D80v2 Sale is open. - #888 by TheOnlyDocc .
The information in this image was omitted from the manual.

If, by optimisation, you’re talking about the levels where one 7135 is fully on and all the 7135s are fully on then this is just what 2 of the levels utilised in the mode groups are set to.

I have heard this said Marc, but the two lights I got work on Toykeepers Bistro UI, not this 26 mode group platform.

For example, if I click 16 times to enter the configuration menu and wait for five blinks, click it, then it blinks out 8 times for a selection of 1 thru 8 mode levels… I can click on the fifth blink and I will have 5 modes. I can click on the 4th blink and I will have 4. If I turn moon on at the configuration level 3 then I will have 6 modes (after selecting five) and 5 modes ( after selecting 4)

This is Toykeeper’s Bistro UI, not Flintrocks. I got 2 non-anodized D80’s and mine work the old way, not Flintrocks way.

In other words, both mine work like this…

EDIT: Sorry everybody, in the number of levels configuration 5, it DOES INDEED have 26 levels to choose from! Stuck in my old ways like an old lazy dog. Sorry.

Mine definitely has more than 8 modes.

I think it has 26 modes within the mode group selection, instead of 8.

Thermal calibration is a complete mystery to me.

Thermal calibration: once you enter it it’ll be on steady low for about 1 second then go to max. Simply let it get hot and then when you think that’s enough tap the switch to set that as the max temp.

Its not like anduril where you have to set ambient temp first then set a specific temp.

Cool, thanks!

Somewhere buried in this thread is a list of Flintrock’s mode groups, it is also in the first post (scroll until you are there) of his thread about Bistro OTSM. A link to that thread is in the manual that comes with the D80V2.

I really like his mode group collection because it uses the PWM-less levels of 100%7135 and 100%6x7135 :slight_smile:

I have one of mine set to that mode group, 4 levels no pwm, as you mentioned a while ago. I still want to experiment with some of the other groups. The descriptions of them aren’t exactly crystal clear, so it’s a bit of trial and error.

So are y’all saying that your D80’s have this UI?

Because mine definitely has the normal ToyKeeper UI.

robo819 is still having flickering issues. He’s re-flowed the emitter, even put the emitter on a Noctigon, same flicker. He cleaned the tail cap, no good, still flickers. He’s taken every step, one step at a time, and nothing has solved the issue. He’s presently putting in a new emitter to see if the problem persists. He’s going with an XP-L HI V3 3C on a SinkPAD MCPCB. We’ll know in a few minutes if the final result is the emitter. :wink:

Edit: Oh, by the way, he even cleaned off all the lead-free solder paste and re-applied regular MG Mechanic solder. He even went so far as to clip off the ends of the leads and put new solder on them in order to eliminate the lead-free stuff.

Mine has the standard Bistro as well.

Edit: but with six blinkie modes.