OFFICIAL Group Buy UF-1504, UF-1504 host, UF-1405, tail switch, 26650 batteries DISCOUNT CODES EXPIRED!!!!!!!!

Hello n10sivern!
When can we receive Group buy coupon/code? :slight_smile:

What do you use these for? Is it for mounting the light on a weapon?

Yeah, poor little beasties

Noticed, but if they still did not receive shipment of lights (or hosts) from manufacturer how did they get the switches or from whom?

None is it is in stock yet. They are ordered waiting on arrival. They just went ahead and got each item’s page created so that when they arrive it’s game time.

Some questions

Does anyone know the amperage on High?

Is this considered the widest-lens/tightest-throwing budget or reasonably-priced zoomie? Obviously the interest is in its unusually wide lens.

Does the lens get nice and close to the LED in Flood mode?

GearBest seems to be doing a great job on these group buys for us, really working with us and catering to us. I haven’t bought flashlights in a long time, and now I may end up purchasing 2 or 3 or more of their specials. They seem to be hungry for success. Reminds me of how FastTech was in the beginning.

I like jmpaul’s work, but was disappointed with his review.

He didn’t even mention the standout feature of this item, the wide lens, although at least he included measurements. He made no mention of anything he did to try to fix the zooming difficulty, and whether he was successful. Has anyone else had similar difficulty? He’s got an integration sphere (nice to get real lumen output), but didn’t give us amp measurements to compare that to. Glad to have the data… but kind of a mixed bag for a reviewer recognized enough to be sent a free light.

Most of mine have been loose, not tight, so I suspect he just needed to lube his O-ring.

Flood is decent, but not excellent, there is a fair bit of space between the LED and the lens. The lens is good generally with few examples I’ve gotten having any distortion, but the focal length is a tad longer than available replacement lenses(which have been much lower quality in terms of distortion in the two replacements I bought).

Edit: Just measured a stock 1405 at .9 amps at the tail, so around 1.8-2 amps at the emitter on high.

I’ve been trying to follow this thread, but still not certain if this is the moment we’ve been waiting for.
Buy the host here?: http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_167069.html
and there is no promo code to enter?
Then we wait patiently by the mail box?

Keep waiting, there will be a code in a few days. They don’t have em in stock yet.

This was posted in the Gearbest special deals thread. Looks like the coupon/group buy discount may be applicable to the 1405 as well

Thanks KKW, for that info (which should’ve been in any semi-pro review), and also the speed at which you got it. Disappointing, but good to know. I don’t know why these mfr’s can’t get it right. I also never see zoomies with drivers over 2A. Maybe they figure people will just run them on high indefinitely. Maybe they just don’t want to spend the money on a decent driver. I don’t know. In light of your info, yeah, this light is mainly interesting to me only for modding purposes… which really blows.

BTW, do you prefer your 3rd party or original lens? It seems like you are seller so I’m fine if you choose not to share, but if you do have a favored aftermarket lens, it would be interesting to know or have a link. I’ve purchased lenses before, and it’s like shooting in the dark.

Could anyone recommend a mounted XP-G2 neutral for this?
And with that 2A driver, I’m soliciting driver recommendations as well! Leaning more towards the full flashlight, as being more of a newbie, it seems to make more sense starting from that point, doing direct swaps. But what do I know.

I plan on taking a cool white xp-g2, dedoming it, and direct driving it til she blows.

De-doming a zoomie never made sense to me, but I once read a long thread about how it supposedly helped anyway. After reading Dr. Jones’s explanation on what de-doming does to light, it made even less sense to me. But considering there apparently is something to it, I’m still curious. So, yeah, if de-doming a cool white is the way to go, I’d really like to see a recommended link to that as well.
No direct drive 1-mode for me… ha ha. But for some purposes I could see that. Sure makes that driver selection easier, eh. At its size, this will mainly be for home use.

I plan on making mine have like 17 blinkie modes! And that’s it.

I posted the link somewhere around here, the lenses I bought were from fasttech. Keep in mind that the numbers I posted are for the 1405, and as of yet I don’t think I’ve seen any numbers for the driver they are putting in the 1504.

Yes, dedoming helps throw in an aspheric. Period. How much depends on the LED and flashlight.

For the 1504 you can’t get much easier than a Q.lite driver with some extra 7135 chips and a dedomed XP-G2 S3 3C or XP-L V6 3C in my book, but other people prefer other tints, so that’s really up for you to decide.

the dome on the LED makes light have a wider viewing angle and protects the LED. If you take the dome off, the viewing angle decreases, and typically in the process it warms the color of the emitted light. People generally start out with a cool white to dedome so that it turns into a neutral white and sometimes even warmer.

Once dedomed, this is where die size comes into play.
XM-L/L2 and XP-L have a 2 mm x 2 mm emitter for 4 mm^2 surface area
XP-G/G2 have a 1.4 mm x 1.4 mm emitter for a 1.96 mm^2 surface area
XP-E/E2 have a 1 mm x 1 mm emitter for a 1 mm^2 surface area
XR-E have 2 different emitters. The EZ1000 had a 1 mm x 1 mm emitter for a 1 mm^2 surface area. The EZ900 had a 0.9 mm x 0.9 mm emitter for a 0.81 mm^2 surface area

So with the emitter surface area in mind, the smaller the area the more focused the light. An aspherical lens is made so that in one position it increases the viewing angle to cause flood. In another position, it focuses the light. If you take the emitter with the smallest surface area and focus it even more, it will increase the throw but with a very small illuminated area. The XP-G2 tends to be the winner. The XP-E2 and XR-E have smaller surface area but can’t be pushed very hard with current. Up to a certain point, they do win. When you start increasing the current, the XP-G2 takes the lead. That’s why many like it because it can be dedomed and pushed to 5a current.

As for the driver, there are drivers that are direct drive in High, but also have modes. They aren’t all just a single mode.

Please sign me up for 2 complete flashlights

(I cancelled the dealsmachine order)

i’ll take one complete flashlight

Any updates on that coupon?